The Iranian Ebrown

ebrown p

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:10 pm
Ok Now we are getting somewhere (and you didn't help me so I had to wing it on my first attempt).

So we are imagining the Iranian LoneStarMadam...

Quote:

She is a believer in God/Mohammed, but is not deeply religious in that she does not follow the Koran to the T.

She is suppportive of moral values, however, but does not ever say that her views on some things can't be changed, & as a matter of fact, one or two of her views have changed. She is capable of admitting to have been wrong on some things, or at least the possibility that she was wrong, unlike me.

Shis is not fully supportive of the government.

She supports any president (including the current one) in some things, some things she doesn't.

She is suspicious of the media.

I don't see this as too difficult to imagine either. I still don't think this version of Iranian LoneStarMadam would be killed.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:43 pm
But then you don't seem to grasp reality too well brown.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:12 pm
I believe that LoneStarMadam's tendency to think in generalizations, combined with the higher number of opportunities to act on the blind hatred of western society that the Iranian LoneStarMadam would no doubt embrace wholeheartedly, would, ironically, pave the way for her to become some kind of terrorist/freedom fighter. She would most likely revel in the glory of killing infidels, such as the real-life american infidel, LoneStarMadam.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:23 pm
kickycan wrote:
I believe that LoneStarMadam's tendency to think in generalizations, combined with the higher number of opportunities to act on the blind hatred of western society that the Iranian LoneStarMadam would no doubt embrace wholeheartedly, would, ironically, pave the way for her to become some kind of terrorist/freedom fighter. She would most likely revel in the glory of killing infidels, such as the real-life american infidel, LoneStarMadam.

If I cared what you thought, your post might matter.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:32 pm
The Iranian O'Bill would have been killed in his teens for attempting to save a chance lover from being stoned to death. That's presuming he made it that far, which is doubtful. My Iranian counterpart would have demonstrated the same lack of respect for authority I did, and likely been killed long ago for it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:36 pm
The Iranian Bi-Polar Bear would have been an entertainer, flying under the radar and running his own program pretty much not interfered with. He would have acted the buffoon so no one really took him seriously and all the time he would have been doing exactly as he damn well pleased and getting away with it comfortably. He would be constantly underestimated and that would be one of his greatest weapons against the system.

Man that sound familiar. Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:44 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
kickycan wrote:

If I cared what you thought, your post might matter.

Oh please. You know you're madly in love with me.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:57 pm
Bill, that is so tragic...

What did your lover do to get in trouble (I am assuming the American O'Bill has a similar story?)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:27 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
The Iranian Bi-Polar Bear would have been an entertainer, flying under the radar and running his own program pretty much not interfered with. He would have acted the buffoon so no one really took him seriously and all the time he would have been doing exactly as he damn well pleased and getting away with it comfortably. He would be constantly underestimated and that would be one of his greatest weapons against the system.

Man that sound familiar. Very Happy

Laughing

I so believe that.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:29 pm
The Iranian fbaezer would write in some Iranian paper that's every now and then closed by the ayatollahs.

The Iranian ebrown_p would vote for the opposition, and rant angrily in the internet.

The Iranian lonestarmadam would be wearing her chador and chanting the Verses of the Holy Quran.

The Iranian Bipolar Bear would be in deep deep trouble with the police.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:35 pm
fbaezer wrote:
The Iranian fbaezer would write in some Iranian paper that's every now and then closed by the ayatollahs.

The Iranian ebrown_p would vote for the opposition, and rant angrily in the internet.

The Iranian lonestarmadam would be wearing her chador and chanting the Verses of the Holy Quran.

The Iranian Bipolar Bear would be in deep deep trouble with the police.

No, no, the lonestarmadam prefers the burka to the chador, in fact, i own a burka. The chador is more revealing than the burka.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:44 pm
I meant the Iranian one, not the American. Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:46 pm
LOL fbaezer.... I just spit tea on my keyboard.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 07:30 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
The Iranian O'Bill would have been killed in his teens for attempting to save a chance lover from being stoned to death. That's presuming he made it that far, which is doubtful. My Iranian counterpart would have demonstrated the same lack of respect for authority I did, and likely been killed long ago for it.

If you showed lack of respect in our society you did so because you knew no harm would come to you. If you lived in a system that punishes or executes harsh dissenters you would do as others do, keep your mouth shut; unless you have either a suicidal tendency or a martyr complex.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 10:41 am
fbaezer wrote:
I meant the Iranian one, not the American. Smile

I guess i just can't muster enough evil in my thoughts to imagine being an Iranian, probably because I'm so happy & feel fortunate to be an American.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:19 am
Iranian LoneStarMadam wrote:

I guess i just can't muster enough evil in my thoughts to imagine being an American, probably because I'm so happy & feel fortunate to be an Iranian.

Actually It isn't that hard for the rest of us to imagine.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:44 am
ebrown_p wrote:

I guess i just can't muster enough evil in my thoughts to imagine being an American, probably because I'm so happy & feel fortunate to be an Iranian.

What. that I'm fortunate to be American? That doesn't surprise me, coming from you, because you have certainly not shown any appreciation for your good fortune, you seem to want our country to be under Lenin/Marx rule.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 12:08 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Yep, that is something I could easily imagine the Iranian LSM saying. I could also picture her burning the American flag and spitting on a picture of George W. Bush, the "great oppressor."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 03:37 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Bill, that is so tragic...

What did your lover do to get in trouble (I am assuming the American O'Bill has a similar story?)
She had sex with me, despite being married to a cop in an obscure town away from the city. Fortunately; adulterers don't receive punishments of death by stoning here.

xingu wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

If you showed lack of respect in our society you did so because you knew no harm would come to you. If you lived in a system that punishes or executes harsh dissenters you would do as others do, keep your mouth shut; unless you have either a suicidal tendency or a martyr complex.
Your assumption is likely false. I didn't grow up until I was about 25. In my teens I never considered consequences, despite losing virtually every battle with authority. I thought I was as invincible as I was indeed naive, and I have the scars to prove it. My parents were good people, who did there best, but to no effect on my young self. I can only assume my idiotic revelry was anything but a product of outside forces, because no link to same can be established. Quite simply, I was just a rotten kid. To this day I have a bad tendency to react to intimidation of any kind with a diametrically opposed and even exaggerated response, frequently with neither regard for safety nor consequences. I'm far from the toughest guy around; but you can't tell me that while I'm responding to a bully of any kind. Righteous anger seems to override common sense and the flight part of my fight-or-flight mechanism whenever I feel my cause is justÂ… and consensus means zero to me when assessing right and wrong. No, the Iranian O'Bill wouldn't have stood a chance.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 07:52 pm
As an Iranian Diane, at about 22 years old, I would be at university, studying for a degree that would assure my independence in the future. One other benefit is that I don't have to marry the man my parents picked for me as long as I am a student. Even if I have to wear a hijab, it is worth it to further my options in the future. As more women achieve positions of power, the dress code will be one of the things that will change.

The sad thing is that so many women in my generation have divorced, even committed suicide if that is the only way they can be free. Our determination to gain freedom and independence is nearly obsessive. I and my friends have grown apart from our mothers. We remind them that they protested during the Iranian Revolution 24 years ago, but our mothers are saying the soldiers are even more brutal now.

I don't care. I want a future in which I have choices.
0 Replies