Duke Alumni Comment

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:57 pm
This is cool stuff:

http://tinyurl.com/yxgdcq

Quote:

...We all in the Duke Alumni Community should demand the immediate resignation of our spineless and repugnant president....

...The President of Duke should resign. His conduct under fire was despicable...

...I will not give another dime to to Duke until Brodhead resigns. ...

...My daughter was considering applying to Duke. I explained that the only way that she would attend an institution demonstrating so little integrity in so racist a community would be if she paid for it herself. She has lost interest....

...# Duke admits 469, sees 20% decline in early applications....

etc. etc. etc.

Duke figured prominently in Dnesh D'Sousa's list of formerly serious schools which had degenerated into PC factories (Illiberal Education); it almost looks like some of the people who matter are to the point of declaring enough to be enough.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,202 • Replies: 20
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:16 pm
NC Bar files ethics complaint against Nifong:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061228/D8MA4PG00.html

It doesn't get any better than this.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:17 pm
Why do you obsess over this kind of stuff?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:26 pm
What's wrong with obsessing over this one? I mean, this has the potential to break the back of the liberal power structure at a major university at a single stroke.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:32 pm
keep dreaming
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:21 pm
State Bar of NC has brought ethics charges against Nifong. Bout time this jerk was called to task for his misdeeds.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:21 pm
gungasnake wrote:
What's wrong with obsessing over this one? I mean, this has the potential to break the back of the liberal power structure at a major university at a single stroke.

And then what.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:13 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

And then what.

Then in theory at least you can start educating kids instead of indoctrinating them.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:19 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
State Bar of NC has brought ethics charges against Nifong. Bout time this jerk was called to task for his misdeeds.

You said it, sister! It also goes to show how far out of line that Nifong was, since it is extremely rare when a sitting district attorney has the state bar file ethics charges against him.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:27 pm
Nifong didn't give those guys any options at all except for looking like as much of a lunatic as HE looks like which, apparently, they weren't interested in.

Fifteen years ago in the age just prior to the present internet age, he'd almost certainly have gotten away with it. In fact there's one poor bastard by the name of Frank Fuster still rotting in a Flori-duh prison for imaginary crimes involving Janet Reno's ritual abuse wichcraft trials. It's probably asking too much to hope anybody could do anything about that one.

Somewhere out in the land the law of averages says there probably has to be a psychopath district attorney who is a republican, but I've never yet read about it.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:29 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

FD, a better question would be why was Nifong so obsessed about the case. When the case was first publicized, my first thought were that there were some spoiled students who took privilege a step too far. As more information surfaced, it became obvious that the stripper was lying, and her goal was to shake down the rich white boys that were on the Lacross team.

Nifong did some of the most bizarre things, like printing up a picture of the entire Duke Lacrosse team with a big red "Wanted for Rape" stamped across the entire picture. Refusing to clear the room when those people were badgering one of the accused, repeatedly calling him a rapist out loud in court. Nifong ignored DNA evidence that exonerated the people that were being accused.

Nifong knew the accused players of the Lacrosse team were all innocent and that the stripper was lying, but was willing to ruin several people's lives for the sake of political posturing.

I hope Nifong gets his law license pulled, gets taken down, and does some time over this. The stripper deserves to be sued for whatever little she's got. What an evil excuse for a human being she is!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:47 pm
Nifong is typical of his kind. He has some power, he had a campaign to win, he uses a black woman to further his agenda by bringing up a fake race/rape case....say, who/what does that remind me of....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:33 am
Monte Cargo wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

FD, a better question would be why was Nifong so obsessed about the case.

I suppose that would be a better question if I gave a ****. Most prosecutors are rather obsessed people -- that's their job. If he acted unethically, it looks like there is a system in place to handle it. Answering obsession with obsession just seems like a bad way to lose good sleep.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:45 am
Nifong needs to go. He's an ass hole. The big problem is that most people are ass holes too and will take the where there's smoke there's fire stance and these La Crosse players are screwed for a long time. The girl will be forever known as that lying whore.

Nifong should be raped in jail.

On the other hand, re: the La Crosse players, when you lie with dogs you get fleas and they should have known better. Although I don't believe this lying bitch was raped by the Duke boys I'm sure she was subjected to disrespectful treatment and I'm sure that racial slurs were slung by both parties.

All parties chose to lie down in the mud, and will pay a price for it.

Nifong is the real rapist here... he raped the girl and the boys to further his own agenda., not to mention the City of Durham, Duke University, and a lot of taxpayer dollars.

And of course you have the gungasnake crowd who use the situation to talk about "demokkrats" and "liberal professors" and try to use the incident to smear them. These are the people who don't have the balls to commit the rape but will hold the victims legs open for the rapist.

Losers.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
I'll say it again, Nifong has a plausible excuse (he's ****ing crazy); the president of Duke, the 88 super losers on the faculty, the city officials of Durham, and the bigoted idiots who re-elected Nifong are the ones who have no such excuse.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:00 pm
gungasnake wrote:
I'll say it again, Nifong has a plausible excuse (he's ****ing crazy); the president of Duke, the 88 super losers on the faculty, the city officials of Durham, and the bigoted idiots who re-elected Nifong are the ones who have no such excuse.

andno one will give your remarks any credence......again.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 12:10 pm
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1267/webfoursistersseminarskz3.jpg
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 12:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Nifong needs to go. He's an ass hole. The big problem is that most people are ass holes too and will take the where there's smoke there's fire stance and these La Crosse players are screwed for a long time. The girl will be forever known as that lying whore.

Nifong should be raped in jail.

On the other hand, re: the La Crosse players, when you lie with dogs you get fleas and they should have known better. Although I don't believe this lying bitch was raped by the Duke boys I'm sure she was subjected to disrespectful treatment and I'm sure that racial slurs were slung by both parties.

All parties chose to lie down in the mud, and will pay a price for it.

Nifong is the real rapist here... he raped the girl and the boys to further his own agenda., not to mention the City of Durham, Duke University, and a lot of taxpayer dollars.

And of course you have the gungasnake crowd who use the situation to talk about "demokkrats" and "liberal professors" and try to use the incident to smear them. These are the people who don't have the balls to commit the rape but will hold the victims legs open for the rapist.

Losers.

Bear, this is the best assessment yet that I have read on this whole mess. I wish you would tidy it up a bit and send to the N&O. My hat is off to you.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:22 pm
Keep on watching this one; we'll see how hard you libs are laughing when it's over and the entire liberal power structure at a major university has basically been decapitated.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:25 pm
http://liestoppers.blogspot.com/

Quote:

A Special Message from Mike to You!

I know you have always looked wistfully at those Legal Talking heads on TV. I did too. It seemed so easy. All you have to do is spout some legal principle and look pretty. Someone does your hair and make-up, dresses you, and you collect that check. Pretty soon they are calling you by your first name, and your tab is picked up at the best restaurants.

Let's be honest after you left the DA's Office nothing was ever quite the same. For all of those years of power, accusing people was so gratifying, but you knew you weren't going anywhere pleading cases of extreme urination. I know. I spent 27 years of being an asst DA until I worked my way out of Traffic Court and invented the Nifong Method. But how many DAs positions are there? I am not giving my job up.

So what are you going to do?

Attend My Seminar and cash in on the newest Gold Rush!

Become a Professional DA Talking Head!

Let's be honest! Crime is here to stay and so is the Media. The Cable News Networks love seedy and scandalous court cases as they suck viewers in and garner high ratings. From a molester in California, to a teacher having sex with her students, to corrupt politicians . . . all gather attention. Who cares if a crime really happened, that's what juries are for! Your job is to be a part of the exciting world of TV Justice! The high-priced attorneys take up the defensive viewpoint. You won't find many ex-DAs working on that side.

In my research on the media I discovered they would put anything on the air so I took my body of work and distilled it down for you.

The Famous Nifong Method is now available for Talking Heads!

Sorry I can't be there as I am busy right now but I put a special team of woman together to teach this seminar. I call them, My Girls!

NOTE! You must read Mike's best selling book, Nifonging Your Way To Success with Nifongian Mathematics and complete Mike's two earlier seminars, Nifonging Your Way To Success and Advanced Case Management for Losers to qualify for enrollment. So much of what you are going to say on TV comes from the Zen Master himself. You'll need those Seminars too.

In this seminar you will learn the keys to a successful entertainment career. Who knows it might lead to cameo appearances or your own show?

Course Outline

The Basic Facts - TV Justice is Entertainment

1) Telling the truth is not important, the ratings are!

2) The more upsetting the topic, the better the ratings will be!

You are On-Camera, now what do you do? What do you say?

No Sweat - Nobody pays attention to Details

1) This isn't a courtroom, you don't have to prove anything, and the State Bar isn't watching!

2) Just follow the script!

3) You can pretty much lie, enjoy the freedom! Truth doesn't matter so you never have to fact check anything. Just disagree with everything that points at innocence! Who remembers all of those people who were saying OJ was innocent?

4) The host & opposing side doesn't study much either. You will be surprised how little they actually study the facts and how easy it is to put forth false information unchecked!

5) (ABC) Always be Controversial

Learn the Shuffle the Deck Maneuver

When they want to talk about evidence, change the subject. When in doubt break out allegations of unsavory behavior, alleged racial slurs, and drinking. This always gets them.

Nifongese for Professional Talking Heads

Learn a special form of Nifongese. Mike personally worked to translate his research into a specially created sub-set of Nifongese just for talking heads. He developed these patented phrases.

"He looked into her eyes and he believed her"

"They were no Angels!"

"Something happened!"

"He must have something."

"They haven't asked for a speedy trial, they must be guilty."

"The Grand Jury indicted, they must be guilty."

Body Language

Shake your head disapprovingly when somebody is making a good point!

Learn the head bob!

Tilt your head to the side when someone says something that you can't answer and pretend you don't understand!

Techniques and Tips

Learn to talk while sneering.

Using alliteration allows you to spit on your opponent, which is always enjoyable. Example, "powerful privileged players pounded poor Precious."

Monopolization of time: Learning to breathe mid-sentence allows Nifong Method grads to never "finish" a point, but continue speaking without interruption, leaving little time for anyone else to speak. A time-wasting corollary is to always preceed your comments with a needless phrase like, "Well, Dan/Tucker/Catherine, Let me just say this..." spoken in slow motion.

Grand Jury Excuse

Another one of those special freebies if you're lucky and the case is in North Carolina where no transcripts are kept. You can say anything. They were indicted! They must have heard something!

Mike's Special Discovery Method

He calls it the "No Evidence-No Problem"

No DNA to back you up? Be Creative: invented inanimate objects and hints at condoms work perfectly even when they contradict the accuser's own statements!

Conflicting stories to justify? Don't forget to hint at a date rape drug.

An air tight alibi to beat? Use the courtroom tested, "If I had to speculate, I'd say this whole event took five minutes, maybe 10 minutes at the outside. I would ask the court to take judicial notice that when something happens to you that is really awful, it seems to take longer than it actually takes."

Use Murphy's Law

Tell them Discovery isn't over yet! Don't call it stalling! Call it a thorough investigation!

Use the Work Product excuse and act indignant when someone brings up those messy meetings when we frame, err , coordinate facts!

Use the "Ted" when all else fails. Demand this has to go to a Jury to be Fair! Who can argue with that?

When cornered, don't forget to use my phrase. "To my knowledge, uhm."

After the Show

When you're off the air just remember to tell the other side you know the DA doesn't have a case. You were just playing along! They will understand, they are actors too. Then, go get that free dinner!

Baldo
0 Replies