bush Finally Does Something I Agree With

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:27 am
some things are too mighty and important to be denied even by those who live in denial......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16361087/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,138 • Replies: 94
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:01 am
Bear
I also agree. We both must be running a high fever.

BBB
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:16 pm
In what manner does listing the polar bear as an endagered species change it's plight?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:28 pm
Talk about squaring the circle: "We refuse to acknowledge global warming, but we want to protect animals that are dying because of it."
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:24 pm
20 t0 25k polar bears are in existance, doesn't sound to me like they need to be on the endangered list.
Millions of unborn babies have been killed & we should worry about bears?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:29 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
20 t0 25k polar bears are in existance, doesn't sound to me like they need to be on the endangered list.

yeah, but there'still 5 billion people

and i believe the correct term is "unwanted"
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:36 pm
djjd62 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

yeah, but there'still 5 billion people

and i believe the correct term is "unwanted"

It's 6 billion & the term is unborn
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:48 pm
see how well people are doing

the people who, and this should make you happy, killed them didn't want them, i don't want them, i know friends who don't them want

i say unwanted
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:54 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
Talk about squaring the circle: "We refuse to acknowledge global warming, but we want to protect animals that are dying because of it."

Yes, very strange thinking.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:00 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Perhaps you would like to be placed on a small piece of floating ice knowing that you will soon perish.

Keep in mind that the survival of the bear means the survival of other creatures as well. Including you. Let me simplify this for you, LSM. If the polar bear becomes extinct, then the items which it has fed off of for years are given a different status in the ecosystem. A fish for example might begin to have a greater survival rate and increase in numbers. This seems all good and well until you stop and ask yourself what that fish eats. Let's say the fish eats only vegetation found within the ocean. Here we have a major dilemma. The ice has melted and the ocean's temperature and salinity have been altered. The plant life which had thrived before, no longer can. What little is left is devoured by the hungry fish. Soon the fish face starvation. The fish die and soon cover the ocean surface. Hungry birds feast on them unaware of the bacteria which has settled into the fish as they lay in the blistering sun (blistering due to mankinds (what an oxymoron that is...man-kind...HA!) wanton greed and waste and stupidity which have helped elevate the earth's temperature. Disease adores warmth. So, the birds eat the fish and Pfft! they too perish. The land vegetation which they once ate, thrives for a while but it begins to choke in its excessiveness. Perhaps the items the birds ate on the land now choke out the wheat crops which mankind had used and taken for granted. Perhaps all these changes create strains of disease which infest plant life across the planet. As plants die, animals die and guess what else happens LSM? Yup that's right. People die. Why? All because persons such as yourself saw no reason to preserve and protect a polar bear.

But don't despair, it is not too late. Step forward now and get involved in protecting the bears. Your future may well depend upon them.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:05 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

That is why nobody asked you. You obviously haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:06 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

It's 6 billion
Quote:

I didn't think you were counting the terrorists.....I mean Muslims.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:12 pm
Sturgis wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Perhaps you would like to be placed on a small piece of floating ice knowing that you will soon perish.

when does this ice flow leave, i'd like to be there to wish her bon voyage
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:28 pm
djjd62 wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

when does this ice flow leave, i'd like to be there to wish her bon voyage

Ah yes! A superb idea!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:46 pm
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

That is why nobody asked you. You obviously haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

I didn't realize that one needed to o be asked specifically on a board. Is that a new rule that you just made up?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:47 pm
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

It's 6 billion
Quote:

I didn't think you were counting the terrorists.....I mean Muslims.

I didn't realize anybody could be so incoherent....we both learned something, didn't we.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:49 pm
Sturgis wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Keep in mind that the survival of the bear means the survival of other creatures as well. Including you. Let me simplify this for you, LSM. If the polar bear becomes extinct, then the items which it has fed off of for years are given a different status in the ecosystem. A fish for example might begin to have a greater survival rate and increase in numbers. This seems all good and well until you stop and ask yourself what that fish eats. Let's say the fish eats only vegetation found within the ocean. Here we have a major dilemma. The ice has melted and the ocean's temperature and salinity have been altered. The plant life which had thrived before, no longer can. What little is left is devoured by the hungry fish. Soon the fish face starvation. The fish die and soon cover the ocean surface. Hungry birds feast on them unaware of the bacteria which has settled into the fish as they lay in the blistering sun (blistering due to mankinds (what an oxymoron that is...man-kind...HA!) wanton greed and waste and stupidity which have helped elevate the earth's temperature. Disease adores warmth. So, the birds eat the fish and Pfft! they too perish. The land vegetation which they once ate, thrives for a while but it begins to choke in its excessiveness. Perhaps the items the birds ate on the land now choke out the wheat crops which mankind had used and taken for granted. Perhaps all these changes create strains of disease which infest plant life across the planet. As plants die, animals die and guess what else happens LSM? Yup that's right. People die. Why? All because persons such as yourself saw no reason to preserve and protect a polar bear.

But don't despair, it is not too late. Step forward now and get involved in protecting the bears. Your future may well depend upon them.

You're not very coherent, are you. I said why should they be on the endangered list, you run off at the mouth about ice melting. Get a clue.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:52 pm
Am I the only one thinkin' these guys might do alright for themselves in Antarctica?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:52 pm
Bush is brainlessly grasping. Gasping. Oh hell, acting as usual.

A little question for LSM: How many meth addicted, HIV positive babies and mentally ill, acting out older children have you adopted? Out of those billions, I'm sure your answer will be in the hundreds, at least.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:58 pm
Diane wrote:
Bush is brainlessly grasping. Gasping. Oh hell, acting as usual.

A little question for LSM: How many meth addicted, HIV positive babies and mentally ill, acting out older children have you adopted? Out of those billions, I'm sure your answer will be in the hundreds, at least.

So, how many of the mothers of those babies have you offered to help? Hundreds I'm sure.
You blame the babies for the weaknesses of the adults? That is pretty disgusting.
0 Replies