Better get away from Marlboro Country while you still can, ehBeth
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:32 pm
WH - that was strange...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:39 pm
Leonard stood at the edge of the hot tub wearing only calf high black socks and his wingtips. It had been a struggle to get his dress slacks off over his shoes but he had succeeded mightily and now he looked down into the foam at Miriam. Miriam was floating dreamily, eyes closed, making rowing motions with her arms, neck deep in the roiling waters humming something about a edgy and dull knife from a Springsteen album.
"I'm ready." shouted Leonard over the roar of the jacuzzis.
Miriam opened her eyes and looked at him.
"No, you're not." She laughed and splashed some water at him. "What happened to your boots?"
"My boots?" asked Leonard, "was I supposed to be wearing boots?"
He felt cold suddenly, and wished he was already in the water or back outside in his car, driving down the toward the boardwalk. "I can go get them."
"It's okay" said Miriam, and she sank beneath the bubbles then popped up and spewed a stream of water at Leonard's legs. "Hey!" he said!
"Hey! Hey! Hey!" she replied and held out her arms.
"Okay, Okay," he said and put his left foot into the tub. The shoe and sock looked odd through the water and the skin on his leg looked whiter, he waited till he was used to the temperature and then sank the other shoe. Three hundred and forty nine dollars of crafted Italian leather were now at the bottom of the hot tub. He was waist deep in the water and completely entranced by Miriam's smile.
It was a concentrated smile or a smile of concentration Leonard thought. Leonard's next thought was that he shouldn't be trying to remember all this as if he was going to write about it, he should be feeling something after all. This was a hot tub and a hot, naked girl and it was summer and Monterey and all he could think about, all the while he was kissing her, and wrestling around and feeling the slickness of her hair and skin, was how difficult it was going to be to save those shoes.

Joe Nation
1967, 1978, 1989 or just a moment ago.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:06 pm
Very Happy

JoeNation: that was glorious! Bravo!!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:17 pm
Beth, see what you started??? I'll be dreaming of high leather boots.

Now Joe has displayed his remarkable and hilarious writing skills. Could it be autobiographical???

Now we really need to get back to business. I'm very cereal about this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:32 pm
In the spirit of the thread, I will guarantee a personal attack on any (well dang near any) man in tall leather boots who crosses my path.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bullwhip.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:38 pm
leggings i tell you, i wear leggins not boots......(well, sometimes i wear boots)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:40 pm
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/faintz.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:42 pm
Ha! Very Happy
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 12:00 am
Shocked
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 08:25 am
Sure, I wear long thick leather boots to work. But at home...it's into the toe shoes for me. I can change a chandalier bulb or reach the cereal cupboard or dust my collection of Massive Mounties Mounted without them, but so very much less elegantly.
0 Replies