I see dead people.....

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 02:55 pm
Hey! Check this out!

Mo went to work with Mr. B this morning so I could run some errands then we all met up for lunch.

Mo and I pulled into the driveway and on our front porch was a huge fruit basket, a tin of cookies and best of all - some of the neighborhood kids had apparently gone through their old toys and books and picked out some things for Mo!

Cool, huh?

What goes around does come around.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:29 pm
Quick question --

Mo's grandparents (father's side) brought over a stack of gifts on Christmas Eve from a variety of relatives on their side.

One gift was from "Alex" - Mo's bio-dad. The gift tag read "From: Alex To: Mo".

We're writing our thank you notes.

Should the card be addressed to "Alex" or "Dad" or what?

As I'm sending the entire stack of thank you's to grandparents I really can't just ignore this one so I'm kind of stuck.

(By the way -- we got a lovely note from these grandparents thanking me and Mr. B for being such great parents to their grandson and telling us how much they appreciate us.

Cool!)

So.....

Any ideas for the "Dear........" part?

Thanks!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:38 pm
We have a similar situation in our family. My nephew has a Daddy Bob (his step-dad) and a Daddy Joe (his bio-dad). Daddy Bob adopted him when he was 2 and is the main father figure, but Daddy Joe popped in and out throughout his life and tried to stay in touch in an odd kind of way. My nephew loves them both and doesn't seem to have a problem with the two dad thing. He's now 17 and still refers to them as Daddy Joe and Daddy Bob (sounds real southern doesn't it?- but we're from NY).
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:44 pm
I would address him as he had stated in his gift to Mo - Alex.
Mr. B is Mo's Dad an no one else. Alex just gave his genetic input, nothing
more.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:53 pm
His name is Alex. Use it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:54 am
Thanks all!

Mo is kind of like that with me and mOther, Green Witch. He calls her mom or (other mom) and me mom and everyone is fine with it.

But we haven't seen Alex for about three years. Mo sometimes talks about his "other dad" but not very often.

So I think I will go with "Alex".

Thanks for your input CJane and dadpad -- I feel a lot better about that decision having some feedback on it.
0 Replies