Contest – Has Gay Marriage Hurt your Marriage

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:01 pm
So, Brandon did you win?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:04 pm
If all the gay people we know got married to their partners, my marriage would indeed be threatened. For one thing, they all cook better than either of us do, and they have cleaner houses, and better clothes, next to them we start to look pretty shabby as an example of a couple who are supposed to all about the next generation.

And how about that? L and I are about to smack sixty (I am anyway, she's way younger.) but we don't have any children. Not together anyway. Are we in violation of the Laws of Wisconsin? Can we have a marriage if we don't have kids?

Damn, it going to be tough breaking it to her that she has to start dropping kids or pack up and get out of my house.

I can cook alright but there will be dustbunnies the size of squirrels by next Spring.

Joe(I knew I was having too much fun)Nation
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:06 pm
Thanks to Joe we are back on track.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:17 pm
I thought this:

Quote:
If so-called homosexual "marriage" is legalized, school children will be taught it is the same as traditional marriage.

put us back on track.

I'd hate for kids to be taught that two things equal to the same thing are equal to each other. That's just wrong.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:17 pm
Linkat wrote:
So, Brandon did you win?

Attacking the poster instead of his argument is the last refuge of the incompetent. If you take exception to anything I say in a post, why don't you show some guts and make reference to my statement?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:18 pm
In so many ways.

Joe(way beyond math)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:20 pm
Oh fer Christ-sake, Brandon, why don't you lighten up. You act as though you've got a ramrod shoved up your ass.

Link, i suggest you ask the moderators to move this to the humor forum, and hope to salvage some of the fun. Maybe Brandon will get bored and go away--maybe he'll decide he can "win" somewhere else.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:21 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Linkat wrote:
So, Brandon did you win?

Attacking the poster instead of his argument is the last refuge of the incompetent. If you take exception to anything I say in a post, why don't you show some guts and make reference to my statement?

I'm not attacking you just playing with you. Please don't take me seriously - it's all in fun.

I don't take exception to anything in your statement, other than I wanted to stay away from the serious debate of the subject.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:22 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Linkat wrote:
So, Brandon did you win?

Show where she attacked you.

Prove the alegation, or retract it and apologize.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:23 pm
Brandon loses ! ! !

Drew Dad Wins ! ! !

Drew Dad Wins ! ! !
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:27 pm
Setanta wrote:
Oh fer Christ-sake, Brandon, why don't you lighten up. You act as though you've got a ramrod shoved up your ass.

Link, i suggest you ask the moderators to move this to the humor forum, and hope to salvage some of the fun. Maybe Brandon will get bored and go away--maybe he'll decide he can "win" somewhere else.

Yeah I thought about putting it there in the first place, however, I thought it would be more humorous if I tried to be sarcastic and put it in the marriage topic.

I do have an unusual sense of humor that some people cannot appreciate and besides I do find it humorous that some one can get so worked up about it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:29 pm
Well, in answer to your question queenie, (and the cartoon) I'm the stepmother of two gay children and if one of them decided to get married, I can easily see their father and I fighting about his utter refusal to accept it and I can easily see things escalating to an ugly place where it could indeed cause problems in our marriage so...where do we pick up our prize?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:29 pm
Linkat wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Linkat wrote:
So, Brandon did you win?

I'm not attacking you just playing with you. Please don't take me seriously - it's all in fun.

I don't take exception to anything in your statement, other than I wanted to stay away from the serious debate of the subject.

A rare example of goodwill on A2K. Would that everyone behaved this way.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:33 pm
eoe wrote:
Well, in answer to your question queenie, (and the cartoon) I'm the stepmother of two gay children and if one of them decided to get married, I can easily see their father and I fighting about his utter refusal to accept it and I can easily see things escalating to an ugly place where it could indeed cause problems in our marriage so...where do we pick up our prize?

Just contact Daniel Wasserman at the Boston Globe.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:34 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Linkat wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Linkat wrote:
So, Brandon did you win?

A rare example of goodwill on A2K. Would that everyone behaved this way.

See we can all play nice - just that most people don't understand my odd sense of humor.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:35 pm
thanks! Very Happy
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:38 pm
eoe wrote:

What a lucky pair of stepchildren they are, eoe.

Big hug, baby.

The father is a grownup. He doesn't have to come to the weddings. And, of course, that means all those men will have more chances to dance with you, so maybe that will balance out some of the ugliesness.

Joe(lucky stepchildren, lucky)Nation
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:39 pm
Thanks doll. we do what we can.
0 Replies