What A2Kers Have You Met In Person?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:38 pm
@panzade,
And I met her three times. Woman with a great working mind and a bunch of interests, plus one big plug of a horse (whom I also met), oh, and a husband and children and two chow dogs. She was good to me, not least getting up at around 4 a.m. to get me to the bus to the airport. Liked her husband too.

I try not to chase people, but maybe I'll drop her a note if my email or r/l address still works.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:41 pm
@JPB,
You know, that lady from the UK and her son? Mr. Green

Ooops! You posted it on p7. Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:42 pm
@roger,
Uh, all the people at the Abq numero due meeting. There are photos..
And Butryflynet is here since.

Me, I'm working up a revised list, but keep going off thinking - god, what happened to so and so.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:44 pm
@panzade,
Piffka's on FB.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Oops, you meant that time in Florida. Beg pardon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah, yet another incentive.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:09 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Ursula, Bigdice, Misti, & Rae

OOPS! Somebody slap me. Ursula and Big Dice aren't here anymore, wonderful couple. Misti and Rae are gone too.
I must look thru my photos. Roger. Any pics?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:14 pm
@panzade,
I know for sure is one thing; if I make a list, I'm bound to forget too many.
Besides, those folks who included me in their list are the people I've met. Mr. Green

Just one more thing; I'd like to meet more a2kers - even if we disagree on politics and/or religion. They usually turn out to be great experiences.

When I did the Elbe River Cruise last year, Walter, his lovely wife, Ulla, McTag and his lovely wife, Fiona, all spent three days with me in Hamburg. Can't get any better than that!

Last month, Eva and hubby were here, so we had lunch at McCormick and Kuleto at Ghirardelli Square. Another great meet.

So, anybody planning a trip to Northern California, please let me know. We'll try to organize a get-together.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:22 pm
What I said before -

Piffka and Mr. Piffka
Jeanne d'Seattle
Peace and Love
Diane
Roberta
Joan Dark
Longdog
Paola
Semiotterly (not sure she ever posted on a2k)
Cicerone Imposter and Mrs CI
Blatham
Lola
JJorge
Dyslexia
PDiddy and Mrs. PDiddy
JLNobody
Roger
Bumblebeeboogie
Walter Hinteler
Wandeljw
JPB
Realjohnboy
Eva
Mac11
Occom Bill
Yitwail and Mrs. Yitwail (forget her screen name)
Thomas
JoefromChicago
Sublime

Aha, I've talked with ehBeth, when she called us at the Chicago meeting. and talked with Kara and Sumac.
I met the folks at the Chicago meet. Never met Liontamerx, who didn't make it. But he called the bar and paid our rather prodigious bill over the phone.

Would have met Cyphercat who moved to my old area in California shortly after I'd moved away.

That reminds me, the very intellectual art poster whose screen name I don't remember - JL will remember who I mean. I met him at my gallery in my old home town before he posted at a2k.

Since then,
Rockhead
Shewolf
Mame
Phoenix
Dlowan (Deb)
Butrflynet
Ulla (wife of Walter, poor thing - we had fun)

Almost met George O'B. He only wanted to meet Dys and Di, understandable -
I don't want it assumed that I want to meet all a2kers in my short time in town.
But, hah, it turned out that they ate at the same restaurant Roger and I went to that day, one I'd found my first day in Abq and introduced to D & D (Vivace). I might have seen George at the bar as we left. We could laugh about that if we ever meet.

Foxfyre and I talked about meeting a few times but we didn't make it happen.

Since then I've met calamity in the form of Calamity Jane. This is a woman I like a lot. She knows it but she still dares to argue with me.

George Williamson (lightwizard) and I conversed via email, mostly, and phone over years. When I was last in southern california, I was walking into a wall, a good wall, of family and friends. I missed meeting one long time friend in San Diego, and meeting up with George, which I rue.

Others I rue - well, I'd have liked to meet Nick Fun, I'm sure of it.

If I ever get to Italy again, I'll meet Raphillon. We've promised each other meals, but I'll let him pick the trattorie.

panzade

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
WOW! You've met a bunch osso.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:37 pm
This all sounds like we are chalking up checkmarks.

No, that isn't the way it is, at least for most of us.
panzade

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
That's BD and Urs on the right. Miss them.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/panzade/BDUrs.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
Wow...I just ran into this thread. Don't know that I've seen it before...and during the last couple of days, I see two pix of me...one reclining on several A2Kers...and one cutting up a duck at Jane's.

Great pix.

Looking forward to any new meetings in the Big Apple.

I have met tons of A2Kers...but I am not going to list them because I know I will leave some out and talk will start about old age setting in. (I know...I know...it is already here!)

Great to see some of the lists (I looked at the first three pages)...and to go over the happy memories of the meets.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
The San Francisco meet was about four hours away for me, easy to do.

Chicago - that did take some tickets, and connection to my childhood. Great trip, including the a2k get together portions. Who else could live through looking at architecture with Walter and Cicerone? I got left in a museum.

Which sort of figures. We have our different ways. The group didn't miss me, two blocks away. I guess I figured they'd gather in spots. (The movie: lost in Chicago)

The Albuquerque meet, Dys and Diane, was mere blocks away.

New York, I'd not been there except for an abortive visit with my mother who I didn't get then was on her way into alzheimer's, in 1969. Painful short visit, as was Boston.

In 2003 I hadn't been to NYC since 1950, except for that two days with my mother, and was doing it ostensibly as a gallery trip, which it was, not only for tax reasons but to visit the gallery one of our artists showed at.
An excuse, but usable if he sold for xxxxx.

I had a2k/abuzz people interested in meeting me and very insistent, and I warded some of that off. I saw whom I cared about. But in the warding and trying to experience new york myself, I didn't reach out to JoeNation or Frank, or others that I'd long liked.

How to fix it? go back, but I can only do that online now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh, go ahead, you chicken..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:10 pm
@panzade,
Also, Mr. Phoenix.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh yeah. PDiddy and Mrs. PDiddy. They haven't posted here in forever so I forgot abou them. Met them when they were visiting Boston. Seattle Friend ditto when her daughter was enrolling at the New England Conservatory of Music. BiPolarBear (now known as BlueVeinedThrobber) actually called me on the telephone when I was in the hospital in Boston, recovering from major surgery. That was a major pleasant surprise as we had never met in person or even exchanged personal e-mails or anything like that. Walter called me, too, all the way from Germany; but we had already met in the flesh.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 05:14 pm
@ossobuco,
And -?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 05:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Geese louise, didn't I mention you?

I was figuring whether to put you before Rockhead or not, and lapsed re timing.

No one I love more - edgarB, of course we spat.

I still want to give you all my albums.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Razz We'll be friends to the end, osso, if it's up to me.