What A2Kers Have You Met In Person?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:22 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth,
Quote:
Meeting people who already know your jerky side - and still want to meet you - is very cool.

No truer words said. I'm probably in trouble already, but I think half the people who know me have sort of forgiven my brashness on a2k. That's what I think, anyhowse.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:19 am
In Boston (Finance District) around 2001 met MassCass and a band of other Abuzzers ( Sugar? and 4-5?others).I had Relocated from Boston to Ct. MassCass who coincidentally years later in 2012-13 moved to Sarasota to help her mom re-settle. Got to know them both there.

Furthermore, met JoeNation and Tsarstephan in Manhattan in 2017. Walked the Highline and hit a pub while there. Invited him for dinner where he also met my lovely S.O, Maxine.
Met IzzythePush and his 2 great (adult) children while in London Sep 2017. Have great time touring Coventry Gardens and had lunch and beverages. He was kind and quite courteous to share some hand-carried brews with him during our trek. Memorable time.
Hopes of meeting more now that I’m able to travel.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:25 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Have great time touring Coventry Gardens .

I don't remember that.

Coventry is a city in the midlands. We walked quite a long way, but we didn't go that far. This is where we went.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D956G6/covent-garden-market-sign-D956G6.jpg
Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:55 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks for your correction. Sorry about that. Covent Garden it is/was.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:58 am
@Ragman,
It was a bloody good day out, the kids enjoyed it too,
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 08:09 am
When we meet here we really meet.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:58 am
@izzythepush,
I have also spent some time at Covent Gardens, and sort of remember a downstairs where they had some food and drinks. It's quite hazy now after all these years, but I can still remember the concert at Barbican where Jerry Goldsmith had excerpts from all the movies he provided music for. It was a great concert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22AIfw5RSWg
0 Replies