Piffka and Mr. Piffka
Jeanne d'Seattle
Peace and Love
Diane
Roberta
Joan Dark
Longdog
Paola
Semiotterly (not sure she ever posted on a2k)
Cicerone Imposter and Mrs CI
Blatham
Lola
JJorge
Dyslexia
PDiddy and Mrs. PDiddy
JLNobody
Roger
Bumblebeeboogie
Walter Hinteler
Wandeljw
JPB
Realjohnboy
Eva
Mac11
Occom Bill
Yitwail and Mrs. Yitwail (forget her screen name)
Thomas
JoefromChicago
Sublime

Would have met Cyphercat who moved to my old area in California shortly after I'd moved away.

That reminds me, the very intellectual art poster whose screen name I don't remember - JL will remember who I mean. I met him at my gallery in my old home town before he posted at a2k.

I wonder whom I'm temporarily forgetting..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:53 pm
Forgot to mention Merry Andrew. Sorry. Had him stored over on the abuzz side of my brain.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:02 pm
Roberta wrote:
Forgot to mention Merry Andrew. Sorry. Had him stored over on the abuzz side of my brain.

Phew!

I was SURE you two had met.....I am even seeing a photo.

I thought I was going nutser.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:06 pm
Aha, I've talked with ehBeth, when she called us at the Chicago meeting. and talked with Kara and Sumac.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:20 pm
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Phew!

I was SURE you two had met.....I am even seeing a photo.

I thought I was going nutser.

You may be going nutser, kid, but not about this. You'll have to ascribe the cause to something else.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:22 pm
My list is already on the other lists of people who've met me.

I so wish that there could be small gatherings every month, so that I could actually visit with everyone in attendance. Big crowds sort of make me shut down--just too much to deal with. But small groups, certainly no more than 8, are my forte-I can relax and enjoy everyone present.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:53 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I wonder if the occasion has ever arisen where two A2kers have passed in the night?

ehbeth and i are convinced that we had to have passed like ships in the night more than once many years back, we seem to have been at a few places at the same time in the 80's
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:31 pm
In strict alphabetical order:

Asherman
Blatham
Bumble Bee Boogie
Craven de Kere
Diane
Dyslexia
Laeknir Scrat
Lola
Patada Veloz
Roger
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 08:37 pm
Someday some lucky a2ker will meet NickFun!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:01 pm
I met the folks at the Chicago meet. Never met Liontamerx, who didn't make it. But he called the bar and paid our rather prodigious bill over the phone.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fb, you met Laeknir Scrat?

Osso flips out...

Diane, the only time on any of my get togethers that there were more than eight or at most nine any one time (SF?) was in Chicago for a few hours, and that was a quite relaxed situation, thanks to Sublime and pals.

To be frank, and looking toward furture meets, sometimes someone might want to get out of there for personal reasons. Have cab or bus money, figure out how to exit beforehand.
I left the main Chicago thing at Sublime's somewhat early, to beat the dark. Got a cab easily, had great conversation with the cab driver.

One doesn't want to be socially trapped. I never have felt that way, yet, myself, but can understand it.

I was much more trapped in our art openings, sometimes 400 or more people for about 4 hours once a month, after our having spiffed up the place for two days beforehand. I'm not a 200-400 people person adept at chit chat/art talk.

In contrast to that, a2k folks have been, to now, family.
0 Replies

JLNobody

I can testify that Lady Diane is very effective in small groups, delightfully effective.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:02 pm
Dys, on the other hand.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:12 pm
And I'll backtrack to say I too prefer, say, two to six people, for conversation's sake ... but twelve or more in a pleasant room, with good pizza and good company, fine, especially if you get to check out local sites together over a few days. Saying this as the original shyest person the world, and now not so much.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:18 pm
The lady Diane just reminded me of what she considered the highlight of our San Francisco meet-up. (actually 2 highlights) the first being when some of us were in a taxi heading for dinner and the driver of the cab and I started doing "firesign theatre" (don't touch that dwarf, hand me the pliers)
and the second was when most of us met at fisherman's wharf for brunch.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:24 pm
Then was the cab ride with jjorge and the russian cab driver spouting russian poetry to each other... (I don't think you were in that cab, but it flew).
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:37 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
As far as I am concerned my only worthwhile accomplishment on these threads has been introducing Eva to the rest of you.

That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. Thank you, J. I am very touched.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:40 pm
Osso reminded me of the dinner in San Francisco at the French restaurant. There must have been 12 of us, but because we had a separate room, a wide table which made it easier to see everyone, the setting was perfect for a group that size. (Also, it made it easier to hear everyone).

JLN, thank you for the nice compliment and for calling me a "bitchin" wife on another thread. A few people know me well enough that they feel comfortable with the fact that I am trying to stop being a lady--even though Dys calls me one. For the first 60 years of my life I was, outwardly, a lady. After Blatham call me a nun gone bad, I've done my best to live up to the new description.

Meeting a2kers can be a life changing experience--for the better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:55 pm
Yeh, Johnboy, I was going to mention Liontamerx's jolly contribution, and goofed up. Delightedly received, perfectly timed. A lot of us could hardly believe it, so cool. Very helpful in my case.
0 Replies