Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
truly one of my favourite get-together memories

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205786_5082120769_5315_n.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Me too.

I wasn't there for that one. Probably lucky. Kidding, I'm envious re the company.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 09:53 am
@ehBeth,

I know that guy. Here he is again, with Lola

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/Pic310.jpg

Hi, Frank

Or if it's not him, it'll be somebody else.
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 10:08 am
@Lustig Andrei,
The late reply is due to a few sidetracks.

Typical of you to make categories that fit your imagination and then put me in one. I maybe young but I'm not gullible. Any smart person should and must use a finely refined filter that adheres to social norms when communicating in the real world. If it were not for such filter in the non-cyber-forum-world, I'd go from an polite honor roll student to a first class jerk. Well my enemies on earth already know that, but that is another matter. So there is power to being anonymous.
The first problem to anyone with a real life identity in this forum is that words from your mind have consequences such as others judging you to be predisposed idea that which maynot be the case. We all know how people love to judge and make stereotypes. So speaking your mind out without the confines of a distinctive real face makes you empowered to be more free and liberated.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 10:44 am
@Atom Blitzer,
Hi there.

I think the bit you're missing is that at some point (sometimes age-related, not always) people don't filter - in real-life or online.

There is a group of posters here that has known each other for well over a decade. Weren't young when we met online, are even <cough hack> older now.

I think there is power in knowing each other and still feeling free to express our jerkiest opinions.

Meeting people who already know your jerky side - and still want to meet you - is very cool.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 03:05 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Typical of you to start making excuses and offering explanations where none are really needed.

In time, you, too, will mature and see that meeting in person people whom you've only known on line is a very inviting prospect. And, btw, tthis has nothing -- or, at least, very little -- to do with chronological age; it has everything to do with emotional maturity.
roger

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:39 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
He's probably too busy turning down invitations to follow the thread.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:52 pm
@jcboy,
I have a sister in Tampa. I hope we can change your list the next time I'm in the area.
JPB

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
I think you also met Eva, CI, O'Bill, joefromchicago, osso, mac_11 (where is she????), sublime1 (another awol), Mr and Mrs Yitwail (speaking of awol...), Thomas, Walter, and ....??? I hope I didn't leave anyone out from the Chicago gathering.
Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:26 am
@Atom Blitzer,
jcboy

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 06:53 am
@JPB,
That would be wonderful! Tampa is only 30 minutes from us!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 07:39 am
@Setanta,
Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 07:56 am
@Region Philbis,
Beats the hell out of me . . . i'm assuming i was just as surprised as you were to see it . . .
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 01:31 pm
Meeting A2Kers was fun though I only remember Roger. I think there were 4 more but Roger's gonna have to help my memory.
I most would like to meet Piffka...I had a thing for her.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 01:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Missing the Kickster.
Anybody reading who is in touch with him, say hi for me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 01:50 pm
@ehBeth,
So true, ehB.

signed,
JerksRUs

I also thumbed up Adam, seeing his point of view. After all, I have a peculiar screen name myself (often misspelled by others who've known me a long time, hah, I don't mind).

Lots of people here know my given name; I like a shield though, however breachable, what with bill collectors* and shysters running around on the net.

*No, I don't owe student loan money, I never had one. Worked my way through, lived at home, and went to a university that then didn't charge tuition. Books and fees were bad enough.
That's someone else with my name that you're after.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:23 pm
@panzade,
Ursula, Bigdice, Misti, & Rae. Was that all? Seemed like more.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:25 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I also thumbed up Adam, seeing his point of view.

so did I
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:30 pm
@JPB,
Ok, now I'm jealous (my real life word for envious).

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 02:37 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Meeting A2Kers was fun though I only remember Roger. I think there were 4 more but Roger's gonna have to help my memory.
I most would like to meet Piffka...I had a thing for her.

I had the honor of meeting Piffka, Peace&&Love and Roberta all at once, on the same evening, in NYC. Pifka and P&L were on their way somewhere upstate where they were going to meet up -- I think -- with ehBeth and go on to somewhere else. I was driving back to Boston the same evening, so I have never actually met ehBeth in person (though I feel as though I have). That was back in ABuzz days before A2k had even been created.
0 Replies