The Lighter Side of Church Announcements

Mame

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 03:54 pm
The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.

Say "Hell" to someone who doesn't care much about you.

Miss Charlene Mason sang "I Will Not Pass This Way Again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

The Rector will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing "Break Forth Into Joy."

Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.

The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment, and gracious hostility.

This evening at 7 p.m. there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 a.m. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.

The 8th graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the church basement Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge--Up Yours."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,022 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 04:20 pm
Mame- I could not stop laughing. Thanks! Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 04:22 pm
lol - I like the last three Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 10:16 pm
@Mame,
on a lighter note...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 10:20 pm
@Mame,
on a lighter note...

https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-church-signs-twitter/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

0 Replies