Message to Christians

souldoctor73

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:54 am
Re: Jesus is God
Cephus wrote:
Ruach wrote:
Jesus is God. Whether religion has understanding or not, does not matter to the true seeker. It does not effect the relationship God has with individuals. All that is needed is faith.

You assert that Jesus is God, yet do nothing to demonstrate that it is true. That's the problem with Christians, way too many claims, not enough support.

Faith is a sham, perpetrated on the weak-minded.

Replace 'faith' with 'belief' and I agree wholeheartedly.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 02:47 pm
I will open apologize for my initial appearance into this community wiht this post. When I first got here, it was a slow board. I didn't feel like waiting everyday to check for a response, so I forgot about the site and my post, and then one day I checked back and this post was back on the front page.

Message To Christians was one of the first messages I wrote. Since then, much has changed about my understanding. The majority of which you see in my Revelation post. When I wrote this message to christians, I was still clueless. I hadn't the slightest idea of half of what my revelation post contains. So this post is a bit dated, and if I were to rewrite it again, I'd have to modify many of the thigs I said initially.

Back when I first wrote this, I hate the ignorance I saw, and the anger that produced it is quite apparent. But it doesn't hold a candle to the way I feel now. Back in this post, I thought I could make a difference in the christian mind,and I attacked them intellectually to stir them from their complacency. But now christians are no longer on my plate. With my revaltion post, I decided to take on the world and our leaders. Truly they are most responsible for the christian failure than christians themselves. I only now pity christians and their blind belief in a dead man.

Again I apologize for my lack of followup on this initial post. As you can see I do not intent to let it happen again. I cannot address all of your posts as the relevancy is as dated as the material, but I did enjoy reading many of your replies. So I humbly submit my next post. And it's all about Love. Quite sappy and personal, but I've already braved the waves of dissenters on other pages, just not this one.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:21 pm
Yes but your abilities to draw out the responses you do are quite amazing. You tempt the deepest feeding of us like a rattle trap lure . now if you really had something to say , you could be nicely dangerous.
you have never 'braved' the waves of dissenters. i firmly believe you relish those responses and are just toying with peoples heads. i think we should just not play , especially those of us with "nervous" tendencies who actually try to credit you with an intellect.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:50 pm
farmerman wrote:
Yes but your abilities to draw out the responses you do are quite amazing. You tempt the deepest feeding of us like a rattle trap lure . now if you really had something to say , you could be nicely dangerous.
you have never 'braved' the waves of dissenters. i firmly believe you relish those responses and are just toying with peoples heads. i think we should just not play , especially those of us with "nervous" tendencies who actually try to credit you with an intellect.

Peace to you farmerman. I respect your comments. But I do have something to say, and little do they know, I can equally invoke the deepest feeling of Love in those who know my intent and recognize my words. I cannot abide the things I hate, for I hate them with a intensity I cannot describe.

I am not here to play, to joke, or to toy with anyone's mind. I am not here for the replies I receive or the arguments I may generate. I am here with purpose and determination. If you have read what I write then you know why our society as it exists needs to be spoken out against. Where are the serious topics? Where are the people who are serious about changing things? I don't care to talk about the word of the day, daily events, and religion or any of the rest of the propaganda most people bicker over everyday.

I want to talk about the people who are dying because they don't have *money*. I want to talk about WHY it doesn't have to be that way. I want to talk about CHANGING IT FROM THAT WAY. And I don't care what enemies I make. I don't care about those who think things are just fine the way they are. They are part and parcel of the cause for needless suffering. These forums are just the beginning. I will not stop just because a few people think my goals are too lofty and my apparent perception of myself too high. I fight for the oppressed with every bit of Love I have to hate the ones who oppress them. The day after all the oppressed rise above their oppression will be the day I begin to play and toy and joke, my friend.

And I promise you not a moment before then.
Peace to you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:50 pm
soul-doctor, We need more humans like you that are aware of the suffering on this planet, and are doing something to alleviate as much as they can. On my first trip to East Africa, I met a woman from San Francisco who was in our small group to visit some of the game reserves in Tanzania and Kenya. What was special about this woman was the fact that she had taken this very same trip exactly one year earlier. But I'm getting ahead of myself. You see, this woman had spent four years in East Africa in the sixties as a Peace Corp volunteer, and taught English to the children for four years. When she did a return trip one year before ours, the school we visited in Karatu had damages from a rain storm, and before she left the area, she collected over one thousand dollars from her travel mates to help the school make roof and door repairs. She had returned again, because when she returned home from her first trip, she contacted her friends and collected four thousand dollars for that same school. When we arrived at the school, the city officials, the school superintendent, all the teachers, and 550 children met us. The school children sang for us, and there was not a dry eye in our group, because the singing was so beautiful. They provided us with a reception and served us some drinks and food. Some of us brought some school supplies with us to give to the school. After our return home, I sent them some more school supplies. This lady made a big difference to this school half way around the world from where she lives. She's one of my heroes.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 08:01 pm
Yep. Be it. Don't dream it.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:40 pm
DOG SI SESUJ

ON MI TSUJ GNIDDIK
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 12:59 pm
Re: Jesus is God
soul_doctor73 wrote:
Replace 'faith' with 'belief' and I agree wholeheartedly.

I think both apply to some degree. Faith without foundation is foolish. Faith in the face of clear and present proof to the contrary is stupid. Unfortunately, most of the Christians around here purposely ignore the evidence that their silly religion is false, all because it would destroy their pathetic little support system.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 03:25 pm
I try to be nice and not use words like 'pathetic', 'silly', and 'foolish' when talking about christians, but sometimes I sure do want to!

And it is because you are exactly right, they will intensely ignore proof to believe a lie. And that is just plain ignorant, and ignorance is stupid. But they are still people. So I try to talk them down form the ledge, but almost all of them think they have wings.
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:21 pm
HI everyone...first timer here...
I am an atheist, but my feelings against the religious are not quite as strong as soul_doctor's. I'm not completely sure that faith equates to ignorance or stupidity. Obviously there is no proof for a God, but there is also no proof against God. There is alot of evidence against the existence of a God, but no proof. I think as atheists, the best we can do is to point out to religious people the things in the bible (and in religion in general) that can be argued scientifically. Creation, Bible predictions, young earth thoery, Noah's ark, etc, are all easily arguable topics.
One thing that really does irritate me about believers, however, is when they claim that Evolution theory has too many holes, when in fact the idea of Creation is one huge hole!! Creation doesnt have holes in its evidence, it has no evidence to begin with!
Greg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:30 pm
I don't know skeptic, the Creationist have figured out how the Grand Canyon was carved in under 6,000 years. Now that's one huge hole.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:31 pm
And Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:35 pm
Not faith, skeptic, belief. Blind, ignorant belief in a religious doctrine because some preacher says so.

I 'believe' my emotions are 'proof' of God in much the same way as my 'thoughts' are proof of 'me'.

We can't prove thoughts, but we can't disprove em either. Same with emotions. The fact that there is 'circumstancial evidence' only lends to speculation and not fact.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:50 pm
"Not a single one of you have opened your mouths to say *anything* substantial".

Perhaps it because you have provided nothing substantial to which we could reply.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 08:03 pm
WIZ-The Creationists have always said that the carving of the Grand Canyon could have taken place in just a few years as it reflects an ice dam that rapidly discharged its huge load of water.
Ask the Creationist.
Well stipulate to the cutting action formed the canyon in a few years. How long did it originally take to lay down the deposits of sedimentary rocks AND THE metamorphic rocks that the canyon has cut through?
This usually stops and makes them think some more
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:30 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I don't know skeptic, the Creationist have figured out how the Grand Canyon was carved in under 6,000 years. Now that's one huge hole.

No, they've invented an explanation that is utterly laughable to any geologist. "God did it" isn't an answer, it's an excuse.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:52 am
Acquiunk wrote:
"Not a single one of you have opened your mouths to say *anything* substantial".

Perhaps it because you have provided nothing substantial to which we could reply.

As per example. You merely opened your mouth just to add your stink to the air.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:53 am
I Told the Soul Doctor it was in love with me , it said oooo eeeee ooooo ah ah bing bang walla walla bing bang
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:57 am
Soul-doctor, you have made my point better than I or anyone else on this thread, congratulations.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:57 am
Soul Quack,

Condemning the faith is not necessary, Faith is a blind leap, choose to take it or not, don't choose for others.

Im my mind, God isn't real, which makes him all the more necessary.
0 Replies