McTag

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 03:00 pm
Mel Brooks? I'll never forgive him for that Torquemada joke
Oyyyyy.........
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 10:34 pm
Jesus is God
To Soul_doctor73. So you deny the deity of Christ.

You wrote:
Quote:
the same God you say you are a child of, emphatically states 'there is no 'savior' besides Me (Isaiah 43:11)'

Jesus is God. Whether religion has understanding or not, does not matter to the true seeker. It does not effect the relationship God has with individuals. All that is needed is faith.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 06:21 am
Not to mention hope and charity.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 12:22 pm
Constantine edited the heck out of the bible, left only what he wanted, then enforced and promoted that version, it's descendant is what we know today. It is argued that Magdalene (the closest to Jesus) was not allowed to publish her writings because she was female and the other disciples forbid her. The books were written many years apart, had been tampered with by a pharoh (I don't remember which one). The books have also gone through editing with each new revision.

One needs to understand that Christianity is a synthesis of the concepts of religions that came before it: it incorporates fables and issues from prior religions including but not limited to the cults of inanna, egyptian religion, judaism, zoroastrianism, and a -lot- from the pegans (it's the only way they would convert). There are also parallels between bible stories and antique literature. Some of the names of the people in the stories have literally been adapted in that they sound like the names of characters from which they originated.

Throughout time, people have interpreted the bible differently. During the northern renaissance, there were all kinds of religous writings in addition to the bible people followed as the word of g-d, but those got cut out over time.
The bible, like most religous texts, gets interpreted however the person/culture who wields it feels like, this is one of the reasons for it's mass adaptablitiy and popularity
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 12:27 pm
Re: Jesus is God
Ruach wrote:

You wrote:
Quote:
the same God you say you are a child of, emphatically states 'there is no 'savior' besides Me (Isaiah 43:11)'

Jesus is God. Whether religion has understanding or not, does not matter to the true seeker. It does not effect the relationship God has with individuals. All that is needed is faith.

hope, charity, morality, and faith are human conditions that do not require religion to be facilitated. Religion provides an avenue for these beliefs and actions.

"Whether religion has understanding or not, does not matter to the true seeker. It does not effect the relationship God has with individuals."

Individuals can sense in no way a relationship with g-d. So, no, nothing could effect that relationship, no matter what, because it is intangible. As long as it remains intangible, nothing can have an effect on it. Shouldn't understanding be a factor in what someone bases their life upon?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 12:36 pm
Sounds like a maliagar clone.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 05:07 pm
Maligar is a person on this forum. Who is his clone, and why?
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:53 pm
I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. You have too many words trying to prove something I have already learned is not true. What you write is not true.

Jesus IS God.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:57 pm
soul_doctor73, What if you are right. And everything Christians believe is not true. What have I lost. I tried to add to society and be productive and good.

If you are wrong.....................

What have you lost? Idea
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:41 am
I believe yer shouting into the wind . . . it seems that "Soul Doctor" had to leave to make a house call, an' ain't been back since. You'll have that when the fanatics register only for the purpose of dropping off their rant.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:45 am
What rant, I hardly noticed Laughing Who's maliagar?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 10:50 am
Ruach wrote:
I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. You have too many words trying to prove something I have already learned is not true. What you write is not true.

Jesus IS God.

With that kind of attitude, you sound like a cult member. How do you know somthing isn't true, until you read/learn about it? The bible is full of meaninless words, and I read it. You won't even read three paragraphs? I don't know about your soul, but I'm worried about your mind.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 11:47 am
Ruach wrote:

You wrote:
Quote:

No, I deny the Roman assertion that the Israelite Messiah was Jesus. Religion is useless, actually, it is lethal. Just ask all the people dying in religious wars. All for the god they believe in, and know nothing about.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:10 pm
Ruach wrote:
soul_doctor73, What if you are right. And everything Christians believe is not true. What have I lost. I tried to add to society and be productive and good.

What have you lost? Idea

Do you know what 'righteousness' means?
Does it mean 'believe in Jesus'?
No. If you acted the way I do, you wouldn't be worried about my being wrong.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:14 pm
I'd be worried about you with a chainsaw, though.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:07 pm
I'm more dangerous than the chainsaw. Just be worried about me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:36 pm
Nah, can't be bothered, but "I'm more dangerous than the chainsaw. Just be worried about me" would make a great rap lyric.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 01:16 am
Ruach wrote:

You assert that Jesus is God, yet do nothing to demonstrate that it is true. That's the problem with Christians, way too many claims, not enough support.

Faith is a sham, perpetrated on the weak-minded.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:40 am
Ruach wrote:

What have you lost? Idea

hmm. What could possibly be your only life, lived under false pretenses. Ignoring the capabilities of your mind and the possibilities of exploring your environment. Being led by those who are themselves misled, making more childern that are misled, living their lives in fear of not getting into the happy field of food (heaven). That is not living life to it's fullest extent. That is not educational, scientific, stretching your personal limits as a human. To do somthing beause you are afraid not to (in this case punishment from a demon) is superstitious. To live your precious entire life through superstition is a loss.

Your icon, Rauch, why did you choose it? This image of a big breasted blonde steryotipical booze barbie-girl wearing brand name tommie hilfiger shirt? The feminist inside me cringes.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:46 am
Ruach wrote:

What have you lost? Idea

hmm. What could possibly be your only life, lived under false pretenses. Ignoring the capabilities of your mind and the possibilities of exploring your environment. Being led by those who are themselves misled, making more childern that are misled, living their lives in fear of not getting into the happy field of food (heaven). That is not living life to it's fullest extent. That is not educational, scientific, stretching your personal limits as a human. To do somthing beause you are afraid not to (in this case punishment from a demon) is superstitious. To live your precious entire life through superstition is a loss.
0 Replies