All-Star Amazing Race

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 02:36 pm
The 11th edition began filming last week in Miami - it is expected to be aired in early 2007. Of those expected to be on: Rob and Amber; Joyce and Uchenna; David and Mary (coalminer and his wife from Kentucky)

Not invited is: Jonathan and Victoria (feuding couple). Chip and Kim, anyone from the Family Edition, BJ and Tyler (aka Hippies).

Rumors state that Joe and partner Bill Bartek were recently spotted in a Miami airport heading for South America along with other past teams. Season 5 favorites Colin and Christie and runner-ups Mirna and Charla are rumoured to be returning as well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,679 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:49 am
So the hippies won't be there? Too bad. I won't miss Jonathan and Victoria (yuck).

Were Mirna and Charla runners-up? I saw that edition not all that long ago. I don't remember them being in the final group.

This could prove interesting. Very strong teams (except for the coal miners) will be there. I'm looking forward to it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:20 am
The first all-star show airs on Sunday, February 18. Looking forward to it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:13 am
Well, Rob and Amber won the first round. Rob was even nice and held a shuttle for a group right behind him. Is he changing his ways?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 08:44 am
I was glad to see that Kevin and Drew have worked so hard to get into
top shape for the race. Will this season see the first on-air heart attack?

Highlight of the week: Mirna outruns Drew.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 01:29 pm
Although I'll be rooting for Danny and Oswald, I think that the team to beat will be Rob and Amber. Drew was a whiny wuss the first time around. I see that hasn't changed. Kevin will end up doing all the hard stuff.

The only surprise was that the Kentucky coalminers made it past round one.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 01:37 pm
How can the Kentuckians not have learned by now that what matters is
not when the plane leaves, but when it arrives?!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 04:10 pm
I wonder how the producers came up with this odd mixture of so-called all-stars. Most are just annoying people. What are the beauty queens doing there? I assume the coalminers are there for the novelty factor. Neither team was a contender. Mirna and Charla? More novelty. Not contenders. The couple who lost last night. Don't remember them from the first time around.

I'm sorry the hippies aren't there and my favorites--the clowns.

You're right, George. The coalminer's wife looked like a deer in the headlights when she found out after she booked the flight that another flight arrived earlier. Duh.

All-star shows tend to not be as much fun as the regular shows. I have a feeling that this will be no exception.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 12:17 pm
George wrote:

Highlight of the week: Mirna outruns Drew.

Loved it. That's gotta be embarassing.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 04:53 pm
bookmarking

I missed the first episode. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:48 am
Well, the Noo Yawk guys are out, and good riddance. Drew took whining to a new level. Also being a sore loser.

Was I having a hallucination or did the coalminers actually help Charla and Mirna out of a mud hole. Was I still hallucinating when Mrs. Coalminer GAVE AN ANSWER to Charla? At the end of the show they said they learned from that and won't do it again. We'll see. I have to wonder whether they're there to make friends or win.

Rob and Amber finished first again. They're going to be very hard to beat.

I'm still rooting for Danny and Oswald.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:48 am
The Coalminers picked up a lot of bad habits from the two Asian guys the last time they played this game. They seem to think the way to win is pick another team and help them compete better. They are confusing Amazing Race with Amazing Grace.

I'm soooo glad whinny Drew is gone. I'm sorry Rob and Amber are so cocky, but I love the way they support each other. I like Danny and Oswald also.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:21 am
Green Witch wrote:
...They are confusing Amazing Race with Amazing Grace...

Well put.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 11:23 am
I was impressed though with how smart the coalminer's wife played the puzzle game. Unlike the guy there that had all the letters but one and then thought it couldn't be the place that was on the wall because he didn't have an "h" and kept thinking about it.

The coalminer's wife looked at the pictures first - noted the most unusual letter and saw it on one the people and put two and two together - she solved it the easy way.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 11:10 pm
Rob and Amber first again. They're very good at this.

And the coalminer's are out. No surprise there. The only surprise was that they were part of a show called "all stars" and that they lasted as long as they did. (Linkat was right. Last week Mrs Coalminer was very astute in figuring out the word puzzle.)

Can't say this is generating much excitement. Of course, we could wonder (possibly start a pool) as to who will be the first to commit physical violence on Charla and Mirna.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:25 am
Eric was "Mr. Charm" at the fish tanks, telling Danielle to quit being a
baby when it was apparent that she was freaked out by the task. And
he topped that by telling her to "use her boobs" to keep the fish from
flopping out of the tray. What a guy!

Heaven help me, I'm actually starting to like Rob and Amber.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 10:29 am
As devious as Rob and Amber can be, they rarely bicker with each other and are true competitors. They focus on the task at hand rather than worry about everyone else. They tend to think things through and encourage one another rather than scream and shout insults at their partner. Yes, there are likable qualities about them.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 04:33 pm
George wrote:
Heaven help me, I'm actually starting to like Rob and Amber.

Ditto, although I'll only admit it here, in cyperspace. I also agree with all the reasons Linkat gives, as well as the fact that they simply enjoy doing what they do.

Still liking the latino gays best.

Quote:
Of course, we could wonder (possibly start a pool) as to who will be the first to commit physical violence on Charla and Mirna.
said Roberta.

That would be me, if I were there. They're malicious, shrill, rude, self-centered and manipulative. They use Charla's oddity not only for advantage in the game situations (fair play, I'd say) but also to the camera. I actually enjoyed seeing her discomfited at the mat, and then disliked myself for that reaction. But I don't think they'll last much longer.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 06:39 pm
By the end of the show, I was really hoping that the coal miners would beat Charla and Mirna.
I really hope they get the boot next week. Enough of them already!

While Rob and Amber are my favorites, (think they are very good competitors and a good match together), I still like the old couple. I know they won't win but I have much respect for their trying. I love when she fell in the river and still had a great attitude. they have alot of spunk!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:03 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

damn.

Well, they had a great attitude even in defeat.
Bye, Rob and Amber.

Okay, I still love the old couple, but come on!, they still aren't stopping and looking. Duh.
The black couple and danny and oswald are next on my favorites.

And I guess at least, Charla and Mirna are good for entertainment value.
0 Replies