All-Star Amazing Race

Tico

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:54 pm
I'm sad to see Oswald & Danny go -- it seems they dug themselves a hole that they just couldn't get out of.

I cannot warm to Charla and Mirna, so I'll let you be their cheerleader, Roberta. Of the three teams left, I think I like the Beauty Queens best.

Anyone want to take on Dani and whatisname?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:24 pm
Tico, I can't warm to any of these teams. It's just down to whom I dislike the least. I hate when that happens. My "cheerleading" will consist of not sneering.

Does there have to be a winner?

I was sorry to see Danny and Oswald go too.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:06 am
At least Charla and Mirna make me laugh. I kind of think I will cheer for the blonds - at least you can appreciate their competitive spirit and I also love to see that women can be smart and strong while still being kind of girly.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 04:31 pm
Roberta wrote:
My "cheerleading" will consist of not sneering.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 10:35 pm
There was some truly difficult challenges in this final episode. The one with having to guess the combination by matching what your partner thought of others was diabolical.

However, I had a difficult time caring.

I made a point of remembering the names of the only male/female team left. I had a feeling they might win and I'd have to remember them. So good for Eric and Danielle.

All three final teams were tough.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:18 am
What Roberta said.

I always feel that The Amazing Race ends too abruptly (as opposed to the long drawn-out ending to Survivor, for example). 10 minutes to the end of the show, and the contestants are still in their final challenge, the editors try to build tension with the car chase equivalent, and then the contestants run the cheering gauntlet and it's over. I'd like a little more of a conclusion.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:30 am
Another problem is that we generally know who's gonna win. Was there any doubt that the first ones out of the last challenge would be the first across the finish line? This happens most of the time. I don't see a way around this unless they do something radical with the way the show ends.
0 Replies