Richard Saunders

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 04:10 pm
parados wrote:
Richard Saunders wrote:

An excise tax doesnt have have to be laid on a privileged activity?

It depends on your definition of "privileged" I guess. This is from the IRS

Quote:
Excise taxes are taxes paid when purchases are made on a specific good, such as gasoline. Excise taxes are often included in the price of the product. There are also excise taxes on activities, such as on wagering or on highway usage by trucks. Excise Tax has several general excise tax programs. One of the major components of the excise program is motor fuel.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99517,00.html

Wikipedia defines it this way
Quote:
Constitutional law

In the U.S. constitutional law sense, an excise is essentially an event tax (as opposed to a state of being tax).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excise_tax

So selling your labor is an event and is taxed as an excise tax. Not selling your labor is a state of being and isn't taxed. You are not taxed for your potential labor.

yeah I know wiki has that.. I think theyre the only one that mentions the 'event tax'...
devils advocate parados.. arent excise taxes supposed to be uniform throughout the 50 states?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 04:13 pm
Richard Saunders wrote:

yeah I know wiki has that.. I think theyre the only one that mentions the 'event tax'...

IRS lists taxable events. The event where the tax applies.
http://www.irs.gov/publications/p510/
Quote:

devils advocate parados.. arent excise taxes supposed to be uniform throughout the 50 states?
Yes, and they are. The Fed gas tax is the same per gallon in every state. The Fed income tax is the same rate per income bracket in every state. Tell us which excise tax you think isn't uniform.
0 Replies

Richard Saunders

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 04:24 pm
parados wrote:
Richard Saunders wrote:

Quote:

Yes, and they are. The Fed gas tax is the same per gallon in every state. The Fed income tax is the same rate per income bracket in every state. Tell us which excise tax you think isn't uniform.

I see plenty of taxable events but none that apply to income taxes.

not being a dick here but I have to go. Im part of a public viewing of America: From Freedom to Fascism.

Id like to continue this with you later.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 04:26 pm
Excise tax rates are not the same in every state.

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/motor_fl.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 04:35 pm
Richard Saunders wrote:
parados wrote:
Richard Saunders wrote:

Quote:

That would be because that publication doesn't deal with income taxes. You stated wiki was the ONLY place that talks about events being taxed. I showed you an instance where the IRS lists taxable events.

When your statements prove false, you change the subject. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Richard Saunders

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:34 pm
parados wrote:
Richard Saunders wrote:
parados wrote:
Richard Saunders wrote:

Quote:

That would be because that publication doesn't deal with income taxes. You stated wiki was the ONLY place that talks about events being taxed. I showed you an instance where the IRS lists taxable events.

When your statements prove false, you change the subject. Rolling Eyes

I should have clarified. Wiki was the only place Ive read about talking about income as a taxable event.

Regardless, I find it hard for someone to claim something is an 'excise' when I cannot avoid it. If a tax is laid on my labor; it is a tax laid on my property. Its a direct tax. At least it sure seems to me...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:58 am
Richard Saunders wrote:

I should have clarified. Wiki was the only place Ive read about talking about income as a taxable event.

a quick google for income and taxable event showed me several instances including court rulings

Investment taxable events

Court Case

This from the Michigan Law review (Cut and paste the entire line)
http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0026-2234(196301)61%3A3%3C612%3ATFITDP%3E2.0.CO%3B2-C
Quote:

Regardless, I find it hard for someone to claim something is an 'excise' when I cannot avoid it. If a tax is laid on my labor; it is a tax laid on my property. Its a direct tax. At least it sure seems to me...

What it seems to you has little to do with the reality of court rulings and the founder's writings or the IRS brochures. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it not true. You can avoid the tax on income. Don't have an income. It would make it hard to live but you would avoid the tax.
0 Replies

Richard Saunders

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:53 am
parados wrote:
Richard Saunders wrote:

a quick google for income and taxable event showed me several instances including court rulings

Investment taxable events

Court Case

This from the Michigan Law review (Cut and paste the entire line)
http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0026-2234(196301)61%3A3%3C612%3ATFITDP%3E2.0.CO%3B2-C
Quote:

What it seems to you has little to do with the reality of court rulings and the founder's writings or the IRS brochures. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it not true. You can avoid the tax on income. Don't have an income. It would make it hard to live but you would avoid the tax.

Thats not too realistic. You cant live if you dont have money coming in somehow. Its an inalienable right.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 12:57 pm
Richard Saunders wrote:

Thats not too realistic. You cant live if you dont have money coming in somehow. Its an inalienable right.

It was quite realistic at the time the constitution was written. 80% of the economy was agrarian.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:56 pm
Quote:
New breed of tax protester
In the past, MacNab said, people withheld their tax payments as an act of civil disobedience, for example against the Vietnam War. They knew and accepted jail or fines as the consequences of their behavior.

By contrast, the new protesters are in it for themselves, she wrote in testimony submitted earlier this year to the Senate Finance Committee. "They want the benefits of withholding funds from government (personal enrichment, punishing government programs they don't like) without any of the negative consequences. They are not practicing civil disobedience; they are following a cult-like belief system made up of absurd pseudo-legal theories and wild-eyed conspiracy tales."

US Sues Tax-protesting charity

Quote:
In recent years, the tax agency has successfully prosecuted people who have promoted schemes to escape taxes or who have boasted publicly of their ability to avoid making income-tax payments, including Irwin Schiff, Lynne Meredith, Larken Rose and Richard Simkanin. All are in jail. The IRS is continuing to pursue criminal investigations of others.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:43 am
Q. "arent excise taxes supposed to be uniform throughout the 50 states?"

A. Parados, commonly referred to as; the IRS spokesperson on planet earth, said,

"Yes, and they are. The Fed gas tax is the same per gallon in every state. The Fed income tax is the same rate per income bracket in every state. Tell us which excise tax you think isn't uniform."

CI (Good to see the big hitters back) gave the answer;

"Excise tax rates are not the same in every state. "

He was right!

(A small sample)

Motor Fuel Excise Tax Rates
January 1, 2007

Code:
State Tax

Alabama /1 16.0
Alaska 8.0
Arizona 18.0
Arkansas 21.5
California 18.0
Colorado 22.0
Connecticut 25.0
Delaware 23.0
Florida /2 4.0

What say you now?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:47 am
I say you can't read.

"STATE TAX" is written right there at the head of your list.

State taxes don't have to be uniform under the constitution. The Federal gas tax is uniform which is what I said.
0 Replies

Richard Saunders

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 11:14 am
I dont think these discussions will ever amount to either side convincing the other.

For just as much as Parados believes the income tax and federal reserve are legal, and done for the good of the country, I believe just as strongly in the opposite viewpoint that they are not legal and harm the country.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 03:05 pm
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:57 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Excise tax rates are not the same in every state.

I haven't had time to keep up like I wanted due to taxes.
When I saw this after the question I thought good someone said it.
Then I looked at your list. That list deals with fuel tax.

Unless I am about to read it on the next page.
I probably should look first. I like surprises though.

You didn't deal with vehicle registration excise taxes that taxpayers can deduct on Sch A. ANYONE out there that went to a tax professional and deducted that tax please remember to put that registration back in your vehicle. DO NOT leave it in your taxes.

Did you notice on the link there is a "lust tax" Laughing Laughing
I actually had someone ask me if the alcohol tax was a tax that they can write off for the alcohol they drink and yes they were serious. Confused
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 06:31 am
parados wrote:
I say you can't read.

"STATE TAX" is written right there at the head of your list.

State taxes don't have to be uniform under the constitution. The Federal gas tax is uniform which is what I said.

That cracked me up. That was good. It does say that. parados, try also
talks weird. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 06:41 am
Tryagain is posting diatribes from tax protestor sites but not attributing them to the authors. Most of the words aren't his and I don't think he could have a discussion without plagerism.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 06:45 am
Richard Saunders wrote:
I dont think these discussions will ever amount to either side convincing the other.

For just as much as Parados believes the income tax and federal reserve are legal, and done for the good of the country, I believe just as strongly in the opposite viewpoint that they are not legal and harm the country.

Just because you believe the world is flat doesn't make your argument valid or reasonable.

"The good of the country?" What a moronic thing to say while demanding that you shouldn't have to pay taxes. How would it be "good for the country" if our government had no revenues? I see someone confusing their simplistic greed with what is "good for the country." Taxes are the lifeblood of our country. Without taxes our country would wither and die. The founders said pretty much the same thing 220 some years ago.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 06:51 am
parados wrote:
Tryagain is posting diatribes from tax protestor sites but not attributing them to the authors. Most of the words aren't his and I don't think he could have a discussion without plagerism.

I wouldn't know I just figured he talked weird. I had to look up "diatribe".
I never heard that word before.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 07:06 am
Tryagain wrote:
"I dont think these discussions will ever amount to either side convincing the other."
I realize you will always believe the world is flat Try. I am not trying to convince you. I am showing others how silly your arguments are in light of facts that can be checked by anyone.
Quote:

It is clear all the others have either seen the light or given up, only Parados clings to the IRS banner, and even he cannot bring himself to admit he has never been given the opportunity to vote for personal taxes, or any taxes for that matter…
Nothing is clear to you. You are so blinded by your own ignorance you can't see that others have realized you are too ignorant to listen to reason.

Tryagain wrote:

The other 2.3 million words are devoted to cunningly suggesting that the code imposes a tax on all receipts of all Americans, while never actually saying that anywhere, (since, of course, it can't).

There it is, another bald faced lie that has been refuted widely but some people in spite of being told again and again can't figure out the simplest thing.

The code DOES impose a tax on incomes. Let me cite it for you.

Quote:

TITLE 26 > Subtitle A > CHAPTER 1 > Subchapter A > PART I > § 1
§ 1. Tax imposed

(a) Married individuals filing joint returns and surviving spouses
There is hereby imposed imposed on the taxable income of every head of a household (as defined in section 2 (b)) a tax determined in accordance with the following table:

(c) Unmarried individuals (other than surviving spouses and heads of households)
There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of every individual (other than a surviving spouse as defined in section 2 (a) or the head of a household as defined in section 2 (b)) who is not a married individual (as defined in section 7703) a tax determined in accordance with the following table:
(d) Married individuals filing separate returns
There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of every married individual (as defined in section 7703) who does not make a single return jointly with his spouse under section 6013, a tax determined in accordance with the following table:

Not only does the tax code impose a tax on incomes it uses the word impose that you claimed it doesn't. Your words are so obviously false they are worth repeating here.

Tryagain wrote:

The other 2.3 million words are devoted to cunningly suggesting that the code imposes a tax on all receipts of all Americans, while never actually saying that anywhere, (since, of course, it can't).

Anyone can google Title 26 and look up the chapter I just quoted. There is nothing cunningly suggestive about it. It is pretty clearly what you said isn't there is actually there using the same exact words you said it couldn't use.
0 Replies