Billy beer was a failure

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:18 am
Re: Billy beer was a failure
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
edited because LSM is not worth talking to.

Um, I don't believe that the thread was dedicated to you, so move along....or not, you don't have much to offer anyway, so, ta

absolutely not dedicated to me, I'm not a failure. :wink:
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:39 am
not a failure? I dunno, I don't talk to people that are not worth talking to, but I do hold out some hope that you will come around & say something worthwhile, thus my reason for answering your post.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
I just happen to have some M.A.S.H beer as well. I used to have a M.A.S.H T-shirt that came with an Atari game, not sure what happened to it.

I think the real collectors item will be the Jenna and Barbara Bush fake I.D kit.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:56 am
I think fake IDs are quite popular & have been since age restrictions on alcohol & tobacco have been enacted. All the kids had fake IDs when I was that age. Now if someone could get the twins signatures on thsoe fake IDs....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 05:37 pm
Carter threads by such as LSM.

I assume Fox has declared war on Carter?

What the hell do they think to gain by this?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 05:44 pm
As I recall, even Bill wouldn't drink Billy beer. Maybe it would have sold better if it didn't taste like piss?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 05:51 pm
dlowan wrote:

False. As a matter of fact, the other day I caught the O'Reilly Factor the other night and he was bitching up a storm because somebody called up a program Carter was on and called him a bigot and an Anti-Semite. O'Reilly made it very clear that he thought any ex-President should be treated with more respect than that. The actual reason he's getting attention again is because he's very publicly promoting his new book.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:03 pm
I once bought a can of Goldwater soda at a Goldwater rally somewhere in or around Los Angeles. I tried to keep the container, but it got lost somewhere.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:05 pm
dlowan wrote:

deb

Interesting, isn't it? I spoke with georgeob about this a bit. He offered up some "historical" reasons which he felt justified a negative appraisal of Carter's tenure. I'm not familiar enough with the events to argue a case pro or con.

But, two other things are fairly clear in all this. First, Carter has been speaking out publicly in criticism of the present administration. This constitutes something of a break in unwritten protocol - ex presidents are to refrain from criticize sitting presidents (some good reasons for this). But it isn't the protocol break which makes him a target, it is simply that he criticizes the Bush administration. Anyone who does this becomes an immediate target for derogation. It's the authoritarian bully thing these folks get up to as a fundamental response and policy.

The second aspect relates to, as I see it, the creation and maintenance of the Reagan myth. Reagan is the modern conservative movement's version of Lincoln and Moses and the Brave Heroic Warrior rolled up in a neat package. He (in this myth) led conservatives out of the wilderness and to the promised land, beat the Russkies single handed, took on the evil latino commies to the south (funding righteous death squads and other stuff), invited Jesus into government, and made lotsa room in important corners of his administration for many of the people who went on to bring America to its present state of divine militarism. And cracked jokes too. But this story had to be contrasted with some oppositional story and characters - that was Carter and liberalism.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:13 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
dlowan wrote:

False. As a matter of fact, the other day I caught the O'Reilly Factor the other night and he was bitching up a storm because somebody called up a program Carter was on and called him a bigot and an Anti-Semite. O'Reilly made it very clear that he thought any ex-President should be treated with more respect than that. The actual reason he's getting attention again is because he's very publicly promoting his new book.

bill

I'll wager you cannot find another such instance on fox. And I'll also wager that along with Billy's courteous nod to protocol that he said nothing positive at all about Carter or his opinions.

You are right, the main reason he is getting attention right now is the appearances he's making to shop his book. But of course, if the book and Carter's interviews said only nice things about Bush, the Fox coverage would be 180 degrees reverse.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:44 pm
blatham wrote:
dlowan wrote:

deb

Interesting, isn't it? I spoke with georgeob about this a bit. He offered up some "historical" reasons which he felt justified a negative appraisal of Carter's tenure. I'm not familiar enough with the events to argue a case pro or con.

But, two other things are fairly clear in all this. First, Carter has been speaking out publicly in criticism of the present administration. This constitutes something of a break in unwritten protocol - ex presidents are to refrain from criticize sitting presidents (some good reasons for this). But it isn't the protocol break which makes him a target, it is simply that he criticizes the Bush administration. Anyone who does this becomes an immediate target for derogation. It's the authoritarian bully thing these folks get up to as a fundamental response and policy.

The second aspect relates to, as I see it, the creation and maintenance of the Reagan myth. Reagan is the modern conservative movement's version of Lincoln and Moses and the Brave Heroic Warrior rolled up in a neat package. He (in this myth) led conservatives out of the wilderness and to the promised land, beat the Russkies single handed, took on the evil latino commies to the south (funding righteous death squads and other stuff), invited Jesus into government, and made lotsa room in important corners of his administration for many of the people who went on to bring America to its present state of divine militarism. And cracked jokes too. But this story had to be contrasted with some oppositional story and characters - that was Carter and liberalism.

Hmmm.....one of the least favourite people in the eyes of our current PM is a previous, fellow conservative, PM who is speaking out in disgust at all sorts of things the current government is doing.

It is sort of funny because, while the current PM is loath to be too publicly angry, you can see him wanting to spit the dummy.

As for the Reagan myth...from anywhere but the US that is incomprehensible.

Oh well.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:15 pm
dlowan wrote:

Hmmm, since you apparently don't watch FNC, why would you say such a thing?
It doesn't matter where the news came from, can you dispute it?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:16 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
dlowan wrote:

That was a C-Span caller that called jimmah all those names.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 07:27 am
blatham wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
dlowan wrote:

bill

I'll wager you cannot find another such instance on fox. And I'll also wager that along with Billy's courteous nod to protocol that he said nothing positive at all about Carter or his opinions.
Apart from his NON POLITICAL charity work and the fact that he's really smart, there isn't much positive to say.

blatham wrote:
You are right, the main reason he is getting attention right now is the appearances he's making to shop his book. But of course, if the book and Carter's interviews said only nice things about Bush, the Fox coverage would be 180 degrees reverse.
Confused So if his book would have been an addaboy for Bush, O'Reilly would have agreed with the abusive caller? OOOOO.K. then.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 07:40 am
You guys c rack me up.

Whatevah happened to the discussion of William's brew?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 07:42 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
You guys c rack me up.

I hate beer.

l l
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 07:47 am
dlowan wrote:
Merry Andrew wrote:
You guys c rack me up.

I hate beer.

l l
Twisted Evil

Ten you can't possibly be Australian.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:21 pm
deb wrote
Quote:
from anywhere but the US that is incomprehensible.

Oh well.

Odd land, is it not?

Here's another in a "what the phuck...?" list

Quote:
It [the report on Diana's death investigation] does, however, contain one intriguing nugget, apparently. Reports last night claimed that the US secret service was bugging the Princess's telephone conversations right up to the night she died. The Observer says that the US has admitted in the Stevens report that it listened to Diana's phone calls. Lord Stevens is understood to have been assured that the 39 documents detailing the conversations did not contain any information that might explain her death. No explanation for the alleged bugging was offered.

Norman Baker, Liberal Democrat MP for Lewes, said: "There have been rumours that Princess Diana was being bugged by the Americans, so I am not entirely surprised. But it is a major constitutional issue. The question is whether the Americans were doing it themselves or the British government had outsourced it to the Americans to achieve deniability."
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article2062482.ece
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:36 pm
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10section1A.t-5.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 07:34 pm
Bernie, that is soooooo depressing.
0 Replies