India and the Second Ammendment

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 07:33 am
Ive mentioned the problem India has of thousands of people being killed every year by snakes. Now we read that people in India are being terrorized by monkeys:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/759131/court_reprimands_new_delhi_over_monkeys/index.html?source=r_oddities

Quote:

NEW DELHI - A top court reprimanded authorities in the Indian capital for failing to stop hundreds of monkeys from terrifying residents, news reports said Thursday.

As forest cover around New Delhi has shrunk, the city has struggled with a growing simian population. Government buildings, temples and many residential neighborhoods are overrun by hundreds of Rhesus macaques. The animals will occasionally snatch food from unsuspecting passers-by and even bite them.

"If you can't control the monkeys, what can you do?" the Delhi High Court acerbically asked representatives of the various municipal authorities in a ruling responding to a petition filed by the harassed residents of a posh residential neighborhood. The court asked authorities to explain "what measures were being formulated to find a permanent solution to the monkey menace in the capital."

City authorities weren't immediately available for comment....

These problems do not exist in a nation whose people are armed. The second ammendment is an idea whose time has come, all over the world, and not just in America.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,061 • Replies: 23
Topic Closed
No top replies

gungasnake

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 07:51 am
Here's my suggestion for the people of India:

http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/062072000/62072040/pix1192665704.jpg

That's called a "Saiga", and is basically a civilian AK47. It's sold in America for $200 - 300 and could almost certainly be bought in quantities from Russia for a hundred bucks apiece, new. It's decently made and the barrel is chrome lined, and the short barrel would be rigid enough to be accurate at least to 150 meters or thereabouts, and hollow-point AK ammo would absolutely flatten a "macacca" or whatever you'd call the monkey in that picture.

Ishmash would be happy to sell you all of them you need.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:09 am
Re: India and the Second Ammendment
gungasnake wrote:
These problems do not exist in a nation whose people are armed.

Nor do they exist in a nation that is not overrun with monkeys.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:35 am
Most Indians abhor killing anything, let alone shooting it with a gun.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:35 am
True.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:45 am
we sure showed those monkeys that were terrorizing USA! I look out of the window and I see none. That makes me very proud of my adopted nation.
0 Replies

djjd62

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:12 am
in these "post michael richard (kramer) days", let me state that my tounge is planted firmly in cheek

gunga may have a point, his way of thinking sure cut down on the buffalo who were rampaging, and did a pretty good job of thinning out the indians
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:05 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

In that case, there is what we call the compound bow:

http://highcountryarchery.com/images/bows/bow06_swcg.jpg

At some point, even in places like India, the survival instinct will kick in. Look for that to happen when the monkeys start killing people and eating them.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:06 am
djjd62 wrote:

gunga may have a point, his way of thinking sure cut down on the buffalo who were rampaging, and did a pretty good job of thinning out the indians

That was the stupidest thing the white man ever did in this country. Aside from any question of morality, elk and buffalo are natural beef animals for this continent and have none of the myriad problems which european cattle have here.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:12 am
gungasnake wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

In that case, there is what we call the compound bow:

http://highcountryarchery.com/images/bows/bow06_swcg.jpg

At some point, even in places like India, the survival instinct will kick in. Look for that to happen when the monkeys start killing people and eating them.

Yeah, India is well aware of the Bow and Arrow, I assure you.

The point is that they don't want to kill anything they don't have to...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:18 am
gungasnake wrote:
Look for that to happen when the monkeys start killing people and eating them.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:17 pm
that's right. a new breed of ferrocious man-eating monkeys!

and if they are not up to the task, they catch people and throw them to crocodiles!

http://taos-telecommunity.org/epow/EPOW-Archive/archive_2005/EPOW-050103_files/Corbett%201412%20Rhesus%20macaque.jpg
0 Replies

talk72000

Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:21 pm
They have a monkey god called Hanuman.
0 Replies

roger

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:22 am
If nothing else, cutting loose with an ak47 in a crowded town should do something for population density.
0 Replies

jespah

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:23 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Look for that to happen when the monkeys start killing people and eating them.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

When the guns are outmonkeyed, only the monkeys will have guns.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:37 am
Why is Gunga Din worried about the right of Indians to keep and arm bears? Do they even have bears in India?
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:05 am
gungasnake wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

That was the stupidest thing the white man ever did in this country. Aside from any question of morality, elk and buffalo are natural beef animals for this continent and have none of the myriad problems which european cattle have here.

So you've got problems with the slaughter of elk and buffalo. You say it's the 'STUPIDEST thing the white man ever did in this country', but you mention nothing of the slaughter of the indians.

I just bought myself an Bushmaster AR-15 last week, I'm heading out in a little bit to put some holes in things. I'm just your typical agnostic, peace-loving, liberal, gun-owning American.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:55 am
maporsche wrote:

I just bought myself an Bushmaster AR-15 last week, I'm heading out in a little bit to put some holes in things. I'm just your typical agnostic, peace-loving, liberal, gun-owning American.

Sounds like youve just taken a first step away from being a liberal. What youll discover is that the UN wants to ban private ownership of weaponry of all sorts, all over the globe, that liberals generally support them, and that the M16 is too much fun to give up for the sake of such a gang of turkeys.

I was supposed to spend my life as a liberal-democrat. I mean, you couldnt easily find a republican in the neighborhoods where I grew up, and I was raised on a steady diet of democrat local politics, anti-war (vietnam) protests, and God knows what all else. It took me about seven or eight years of living out in the real world on my own to grow out of all that.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:59 am
roger wrote:
If nothing else, cutting loose with an ak47 in a crowded town should do something for population density.

You dont ever "cut loose" with a semiautmatic weapon, nine times out of ten you wont hit anything. All youre talking about is being able to shoot eight or ten monkeys (aimed shots) without having to operate a bolt or lever action to slow you down. Youd want to attract the monkeys to one place with a pile of banannas or a stack of democrat campaign literature or something so you dont go firing off in odd directions.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:01 pm
gungasnake wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Sounds like youve just taken a first step away from being a liberal. What youll discover is that the UN wants to ban private ownership of weaponry of all sorts, all over the globe, that liberals generally support them, and that the M16 is too much fun to give up for the sake of such a gang of turkeys.

I was supposed to spend my life as a liberal-democrat. I mean, you couldnt easily find a republican in the neighborhoods where I grew up, and I was raised on a steady diet of democrat local politics, anti-war (vietnam) protests, and God knows what all else. It took me about seven or eight years of living out in the real world on my own to grow out of all that.

Oh, I've owned guns for years. This is my 5th, my 1st assult rifle, but my 5th gun. I'm no closer to being conservative than I was 8 years ago when I bought my first gun. Actually ever since religion has taken over the republican party, I've been nothing but disgusted with them.

At least 40% of the reason I bought THIS gun was my distrust in our government. And let me tell you, I know at least 3 other liberal democrats that have bought guns for the same reasons.

The old monikers no longer apply.
0 Replies