India and the Second Ammendment

OCCOM BILL

Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:03 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Youd want to attract the monkeys to one place with a pile of banannas or a stack of democrat campaign literature or something so you dont go firing off in odd directions.
Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:19 am
maporsche wrote:

Oh, I've owned guns for years. This is my 5th, my 1st assult rifle, but my 5th gun. I'm no closer to being conservative than I was 8 years ago when I bought my first gun. Actually ever since religion has taken over the republican party, I've been nothing but disgusted with them.

At least 40% of the reason I bought THIS gun was my distrust in our government. And let me tell you, I know at least 3 other liberal democrats that have bought guns for the same reasons.

The old monikers no longer apply.

Sounds like you're more of a libertarian than a democrat.

As I see it, the main threats to what remains of freedom or liberty or anything like that in America come from democrats and entrenched beurocrats and beaurocracies and, to the extent that any such threats arise from republicans, they arise from rinos who have become part of a sort of a one-party system which they'd like to create or be part of.

The ONLY threat to liberty which arises from Christians in America is the right2life(TM) thing which, worst possible case, would amount to Roe/Wade being overturned, the issue being determined at state levels, and some woman in South Dakota who had to make more than one trip to NY for abortions having to decide that she might be better off living in NY and not go back that last time.

Generally, I have about four or five meaningful issues with republicans, conservatives, and Christians, while pretty much everything democrats ever try to do is some sort of an issue.

Democrats have not given up on the anti-gun thing; the existance of the kind of power they aspire to requires unarmed populaces. They have merely determined that for the time being, the issue is doing them more harm than good and they've shut up about it temporarily.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:45 am
gungasnake wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Oh, I've owned guns for years. This is my 5th, my 1st assult rifle, but my 5th gun. I'm no closer to being conservative than I was 8 years ago when I bought my first gun. Actually ever since religion has taken over the republican party, I've been nothing but disgusted with them.

At least 40% of the reason I bought THIS gun was my distrust in our government. And let me tell you, I know at least 3 other liberal democrats that have bought guns for the same reasons.

The old monikers no longer apply.

Sounds like you're more of a libertarian than a democrat.

As I see it, the main threats to what remains of freedom or liberty or anything like that in America come from democrats and entrenched beurocrats and beaurocracies and, to the extent that any such threats arise from republicans, they arise from rinos who have become part of a sort of a one-party system which they'd like to create or be part of.

The ONLY threat to liberty which arises from Christians in America is the right2life(TM) thing which, worst possible case, would amount to Roe/Wade being overturned, the issue being determined at state levels, and some woman in South Dakota who had to make more than one trip to NY for abortions having to decide that she might be better off living in NY and not go back that last time.

Generally, I have about four or five meaningful issues with republicans, conservatives, and Christians, while pretty much everything democrats ever try to do is some sort of an issue.

Democrats have not given up on the anti-gun thing; the existance of the kind of power they aspire to requires unarmed populaces. They have merely determined that for the time being, the issue is doing them more harm than good and they've shut up about it temporarily.

I agree that they haven't given it up, but it doesn't seem to be much of an issue over the last few years.

I'm moving to Chicago next week and I am disgusted with their politcs regarding guns. My insurance lady almost freaked when I told her I owned 5 guns. I will probably vote for the most liberal 'pro gun' politician.

Some gun control I'm in favor of. When I bought my AR15, it took about 10 minutes and I was out of the store. I'm in favor of stricter regulations than that. I don't think a 5-10 day waiting period is unreasonable. It's inconvienent, but not unreasonable.

I think I'm the opposite of you in regards to Democrats. I have 4-5 issues, but the rest I'm in favor of. Gun control is one of those issues (depending on the politician). And I pretty much hate most of the things republicans are in favor of (but not all, for example I agree with the bankruptcy bill).
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:00 pm
Consider this, and this is something I noticed on a conservative forum this morning:

Quote:

The top 10 guns used in crimes in the U.S., according to an unpublished study by U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and obtained exclusively by TIME:

1. Smith and Wesson .38 revolver
2. Ruger 9 mm semiautomatic
3. Lorcin Engineering .380 semiautomatic
4. Raven Arms .25 semiautomatic
5. Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun
6. Smith and Wesson 9mm semiautomatic
7. Smith and Wesson .357 revolver
8. Bryco Arms 9mm semiautomatic
9. Bryco Arms .380 semiautomatic
10. Davis Industries .380 semiautomatic

The list is derived from the center's investigations of 88,570 guns recovered from crime scenes in 46 cities in 2000, is being analyzed for ATF's youth gun crime interdiction initiative, which helps local police forces understand and counter gun trafficking to youth in their jurisdictions.

It should not be difficult to comprehend the logic of that list. The SW 38 was the cop gun of choice for decades and the usable life of such a weapon is probably a century or two if it's being fired every day, and probably two to five centuries if it's just being carried around most of the time in case of need in some shootout. The supply of the things in circulation has to be nearly infinite, they can still kill people, and they're not expensive.

Basically, everything on that list other than the one shotgun, is some sort of small to medium caliber pistol which can be concealed and is relatively easy to get hold of.

But here's the thing. You look at that list and you have to ask yourself, what the **** are the libs and democrats so shitfaced about over ordinary people wanting to own an M14 or M16? Where's the reality??
0 Replies