Good or Bad, My Health is My Business?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:15 pm
Occom Bill wrote:
Even KFC... admits that it can't find a reasonable substitute for their biscuits (my favorite item from KFC).

Even though I despise all fast food and haven't eaten at a single one for many years, when there was a day where I engaged in such fare I could not reach into the KFC bag fast enough to extract the biscuits and throw them away.

God, those things were horrible. I would imagine a dried coyote turd would have a similar taste and substance.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:16 pm
gus, You the man. Fast enough, heh? LOL
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:17 pm
In Victorian times bakeries sold wonderfully shaped and tinted icings--colored with dyes based on arsenic.

Now a nibble once a month--or even once a week--wasn't dangerous, but some indulged children were showing the affects of accumulated arsenic poisoning.

In the trans fat controversy, I'm all for allowing educated adults to make their own choices. I'm less enthusiastic about uneducated adults making choices for their children. Not only are the little darlings accumulating cholesterol, they are learning to relish the taste of transfat.

Some Relief Operations have found that famine victims presented with unfamiliar meals--based, perhaps, on wheat instead of on rice--were not happy eaters. Even when starving, they found it difficult to change culturally determined food habits.

I endure child-proof caps on medicine bottles because I think even the children of perpetually neglectful or occasionally absent minded parents deserve protection.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:17 pm
Bill - stop baiting me.

I'm not being stubborn, or silly. I'm expressing my personal opinion, which I have thought about at length and formulated over many years, with amendments being made when I have reason to believe thinking another way is better. It is what I personally believe, and have given my reasons for it.

They are simply not your opinions is all. The fact you've owned restaurants and say you know the difference doesn't change my opinion, which is obviously very important for you to do. I've been in lots of restaurants people raved about, but didn't think they were anything to write home about.

You've given your reasons, but I don't feel they are enough to change my opinion.

I've just been repeating myself to you, and you lowered yourself to calling names and laughing, so I'm going to stop my half of it.

In fact, I'd like to hear what others think as well.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:29 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Bill - stop baiting me.

I'm not being stubborn, or silly. I'm expressing my personal opinion, which I have thought about at length and formulated over many years, with amendments being made when I have reason to believe thinking another way is better. It is what I personally believe, and have given my reasons for it.

They are simply not your opinions is all. The fact you've owned restaurants and say you know the difference doesn't change my opinion, which is obviously very important for you to do. I've been in lots of restaurants people raved about, but didn't think they were anything to write home about.

You've given your reasons, but I don't feel they are enough to change my opinion.

I've just been repeating myself to you, and you lowered yourself to calling names and laughing, so I'm going to stop my half of it.

In fact, I'd like to hear what others think as well.
Not baiting, Chai. Simply demonstrating a fact you're conveniently ignoring. 10-2=8, not 10 or 12. This isn't an opinion, it is a simple fact. Yes, I laughed. No, I didn't call you any names. The only ad hominem in this exchange was your comment about my beloved cheese. But you are right about it being past time to move on. My point was made in spades 3 posts ago.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:32 pm
Leave her alone, Bill, or I will have to kick your ass.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:35 pm
Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again, sir.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:39 pm
I've seen you, Bill, and I believe you and I, toe-to-toe, would have a tremendous row, however, since you have elected to begin smoking again, that might give me the edge in the endurance factor.

Gus, Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, Ratzenhofer
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:44 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
In Victorian times bakeries sold wonderfully shaped and tinted icings--colored with dyes based on arsenic.

Now a nibble once a month--or even once a week--wasn't dangerous, but some indulged children were showing the affects of accumulated arsenic poisoning.

May I ask Noddy; who stopped the arsenic from being put in the food?

The government of the time?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:48 pm
Gus, I don't want no part of that action. Last time I fought; I had a black eye for a week and a half.
OCCOM, Float like an out of shape bee, sting like a coughing butterfly, BILL
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:50 pm
I won the last fight I was involved in with relative ease, but only because I was the guy with the shotgun.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:56 pm
Gus--was that the same fight against the kid throwing eggs at people?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:08 pm
Chai--

I believe this was the same legislation that prohibited adding water to milk and chalk to cheese, but I'm not sure.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 03:03 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
KFC has responded to the market and is voluntarily eliminating trans fats from their chicken. Let the Law of Supply and Demand take its course.

In all the KFC's that I have ever been to, there was enough grease in one piece of chicken, to cook a whole chicken! Shocked
0 Replies