Keith Ellison: Newly Elected Congressman

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:52 pm
Anyone who is ever uncertain about who the "real" Christians are need only visit Betty Bowers (clickity-click)
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:55 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
You also left out the militia movement and KKK related groups which are currently recruiting and gaining membership.

I left out the black panthers & radical femenists, radical environmentalists & a several other radical groups too.
<shrugs>

The KKK is a radical Christian group, as are most of the militia groups including the groups that inspired Tim McVeigh to become a terrorist.

You are saying that Muslim leaders are responsible for speaking out against radical Muslim groups.

Why aren't you willing to say that Christian leaders should speak out against radical Christian groups?

Why are you pointing out the obvious? How do you know that I have not asked that Christian leaders speak out against radicals? I blasted the RCC for allowing their pedophile priests to get by with molesting kids for so long. I am a Catholic & because of the lack of condemnatiuon of the RCC leaders I have not tithed to the church since then. I tithe elsewhere.
You want to argue the obvious, I will not. This thread has desolved into Christian bashing, I will not appease the goulish swarming on Christianity by entertaining the masses. I asked Why MORE Muslim leaders have not spoken out against the terrorists that are killing us & their own in the name of allah. Not nearly as many so called Christians have killed in the name of God since they came to know civility & the real meaning of Christianity. If you wish to keep dialogue open with me, you will not be so condemming of what you think I say or do.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:59 pm
LSM, every thread ever started about what Muslims do devolves into a Christian bashing thread in an effort to prove "they do it to." It is feckless to try to discuss what Muslims do or do not do unless you are willing to read the posts by the Christian basher's that believe you are missing out on how bad Christians are despite the fact that is not what is being discussed.

Water is wet, the sky is blue, Christians are evil. Just the facts of life on the A2K political forum.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:01 pm
McGentrix wrote:
LSM, every thread ever started about what Muslims do devolves into a Christian bashing thread in an effort to prove "they do it to." It is feckless to try to discuss what Muslims do or do not do unless you are willing to read the posts by the Christian basher's that believe you are missing out on how bad Christians are despite the fact that is not what is being discussed.

Water is wet, the sky is blue, Christians are evil. Just the facts of life on the A2K political forum.

It isn't that Christians are evil, it's that there are in reality very few Christians and a bunch of immoral people who like to call themselves Christian. The second group tend to be much louder when complaining about Muslims or those who aren't Christians in general.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:05 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Oh well, it's worth a try. Smile
While I don't like to see Christian bashing it does nothing to make my faith any less. I don't understand it though, because I don't see as many bashing Islam as they do Christianity. Christianity, as all religions, politiciasn or any group where there are great numbers of people have their good & their bad. I suppose it's in somes nature to bash something they don't understand. A pity, really.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:13 pm
McG always claims that he is a Buddhist--then he plays the white knight for beleaguered christian flannel-mouths. Either way you look at it, it seems that he's lying in one way or another.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:15 pm
Setanta wrote:
McG always claims that he is a Buddhist--then he plays the white knight for beleaguered christian flannel-mouths. Either way you look at it, it seems that he's lying in one way or another.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:16 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Maybe we could start a thread on possumette religious leaders :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:16 pm
That's as close as i've seen you come to an intelligent response in months.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:18 pm
ooh! He rolled his eyes at you Set...

Put you right in yer place.

I also have noted the inherent differences between McG's professed beliefs, and the ones that he actually supports on a daily basis.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:19 pm
I figure your just mad that I showed you to be wrong again in this thread, and like any child, you feel the need to lash out in typical petulance.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:26 pm
Setanta wrote:

I would hope that anyone could be whatever they want to be, religiously or otherwise, at any one given time without their beliefs being ridiculed.
That is the all inclusive way, no?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:30 pm
Should one wish to avoid having one's beliefs ridiculed, one would do well to avoid presenting, arguing, and defending those beliefs in ridiculous manner.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:32 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Should one wish to avoid having one's beliefs ridiculed, one would do well to avoid presenting, arguing, and defending those beliefs in ridiculous manner.

That is true, however, if you're speaking to me, please point to a rediculous manner in which I defended or argued my belief..
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:36 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

That is true, however, if you're speaking to me, please point to a rediculous manner in which I defended or argued my belief..

I am kind of curious who you are addressing this to as well.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:37 pm
(Pulls up a seat. Grabs some popcorn.)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:42 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Actually they do, but i will take the "Thou shalt not murder"
Murder is a legal term, different than kill. We have a right to protect ourselves, if that means killing another human in order to do that, so be it. Murder is wanton killing, no excuse.

None of those passages represent the teachings of Jesus.

and it seems to be a fairly recent development that the commandement became "thou shall not murder", rather than "thou shall not kill".

and here's something else that i've wondered about. how does "praying to jesus" work when the first few commandments read;

Exodus 20:

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

i know that christian doctorine explains it, but that is the writings of man.

and if the ten commandments are the true words of god, and he says essentially, "don't go around praying to anybody but me.."

well, doesn't that kinda leave christians playing on the wrong team ?

just wonderin' 'bout that...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:45 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Murder is a legal term, different than kill. We have a right to protect ourselves, if that means killing another human in order to do that, so be it. Murder is wanton killing, no excuse.

and it seems to be a fairly recent development that the commandement became "thou shall not murder", rather than "thou shall not kill".

and here's something else that i've wondered about. how does "praying to jesus" work when the first few commandments read;

Exodus 20:

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

and if the ten commandments are the true words of god, and he says essentially, "don't go around praying to anybody but me.."

Of course, they will argue that Jesus = God so there is no problem.

Never mind that the Council of Nicea had more to do with that then anything else...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:45 pm
Spoken like a true Muslim, DTOM. :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:47 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Exodus 20:

Learn to tell the difference between the old testament and the new testament and how each plays with Christianity. If you can't at least do that, stop trying to bash a religion you don't seem to know anything about.
0 Replies