Keith Ellison: Newly Elected Congressman

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:15 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Actually they do, but i will take the "Thou shalt not murder"
Murder is a legal term, different than kill. We have a right to protect ourselves, if that means killing another human in order to do that, so be it. Murder is wanton killing, no excuse.

None of those passages represent the teachings of Jesus.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:17 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:
That's about as likely as it is that Christian leaders are going to speak out against Christian radicals.

I believe that if "christians" had driven planes into the WTC & killed 3,000 people, we would've heard plenty from the REAL Christians.

A Christian filled a truck with a fertilizer based bomb and destroyed a Federal building in Oklahoma city killing hundreds. The "real" Christians, as I remember, reacted by blaming it on the Muslims.

When they found out that it was actually a Christian who had done it they shut up.

I would love to hear a Christian leader speak out against Christian radicals- Either about the Oklahoma city bombing, or the radical Christian groups bashing immigrants and homosexuals now.

Anyone have any links?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:20 pm
McGentrix wrote:
...One of the nice things about America is that most people are not led by their religion and they do not prioritize their lives around their religion. Those that do, tend to go on to be priests, missionaries, etc.

You left out evangelical fanatics who would prefer that all our lives be prioritzed around their religion.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:21 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:
That's about as likely as it is that Christian leaders are going to speak out against Christian radicals.

I believe that if "christians" had driven planes into the WTC & killed 3,000 people, we would've heard plenty from the REAL Christians.

A Christian filled a truck with a fertilizer based bomb and destroyed a Federal building in Oklahoma city. The "real" Christians, as I remember, reacted by blaming it on the Muslims.

When they found out that it was actually a Christian who had done it they shut up.

I would love to hear a Christian leader speak out against Christian radicals- Either about the Oklahoma city bombing, or the Christian groups now bashing immigrants and homosexuals now.

Anyone have any links?

A so called Christian & where is he now?
Your idea of Christians has no bearing on what I know to be REAL Christians.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:22 pm
You also left out the militia movement and KKK related groups which are currently recruiting and gaining membership.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:22 pm
t's been awhile since the topic of this thread has been discussed, any chance of getting back to that?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:23 pm
Madam, I was only pointing out that Christian leaders haven't spoken out very loudly about the Christian radical groups in the US.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:23 pm
Setanta wrote:
One does assume that you have more expertise in stupid premises than anyone else around here.

I see no one here who has said that soldiers cannot be Christians. It was asserted that Muslim leaders should condemn fanatical Muslims. I simply pointed out that you don't see Christian leaders commonly condemn fanatical Christians.

Tell us another one of your stupid premises, k?

I know being a dink is second nature to you, but how do you read

cycloptichorn wrote:
None of what you've posted adresses the concept that you cannot support the teachings of Jesus Christ and be a War supporter at the same time.

cycloptichorn wrote:
Christians drop bombs on innocent people in Iraq - in the name of what they believe is right.

And you don't hear too much from REAL Christians about that.

The teachings of Jesus, and War, are incompatible; you cannot support both.

Not every post is addressed to, nor about you. So, perhaps you should read more and spout less.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:24 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
You also left out the militia movement and KKK related groups which are currently recruiting and gaining membership.

I left out the black panthers & radical femenists, radical environmentalists & a several other radical groups too.
<shrugs>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:24 pm
You had a question, it was answered. Thereafter, the "topic" of this thread was dead. You were the one who commented on Muslim leaders condemning Muslim fanatics. You made religious fanaticism the new topic of the thread.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:
One does assume that you have more expertise in stupid premises than anyone else around here.

I see no one here who has said that soldiers cannot be Christians. It was asserted that Muslim leaders should condemn fanatical Muslims. I simply pointed out that you don't see Christian leaders commonly condemn fanatical Christians.

Tell us another one of your stupid premises, k?

I know being a dink is second nature to you, but how do you read

cycloptichorn wrote:
None of what you've posted adresses the concept that you cannot support the teachings of Jesus Christ and be a War supporter at the same time.

cycloptichorn wrote:
Christians drop bombs on innocent people in Iraq - in the name of what they believe is right.

And you don't hear too much from REAL Christians about that.

The teachings of Jesus, and War, are incompatible; you cannot support both.

Not every post is addressed to, nor about you. So, perhaps you should read more and spout less.

I understand that you are addressing Set here, but I want to point out that my original premise stands firm.

You can call yourself a Christian and support the war, but you are a hypocrite for doing so. The teachings of Christ are not compatible with the desire to kill people who aren't doing what you want them to do. Even if those people are killers.

you :=/: you personally, btw

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:28 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
t's been awhile since the topic of this thread has been discussed, any chance of getting back to that?

Welcome to A2K, LSM. Laughing

The topic question was fairly well answered by butrflynet's link, I think. You then changed it to learning more about Islam. Which topic would you like to discuss?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
... The Catholics and the Protestants of Ireland have slaughtered one another for centuries, off and on, but you don't hear universal condemnation of those actions by Christians ...

The slaughter of Christian by Christian, independent of any sectarian consideration, has been signal among, if not chief of, the drivers of European history from the times of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire, which sociologic upheaval was damned near inversely linearly congruent with the foundation and rise of Christianity - that such might be coincidence all but beggars the imagination. Christianity's 1st 1500 years offers little legacy of which humankind may be proud, and its most recent half millenium fares even worse in such regard.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:33 pm
Setanta wrote:
You had a question, it was answered. Thereafter, the "topic" of this thread was dead. You were the one who commented on Muslim leaders condemning Muslim fanatics. You made religious fanaticism the new topic of the thread.

So I did, then it went to snide remarks & belitteling other posters. I suppose that could be considered at least partially on topic.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:34 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I left out the black panthers & radical femenists, radical environmentalists & a several other radical groups too.
<shrugs>

The KKK is a radical Christian group, as are most of the militia groups including the groups that inspired Tim McVeigh to become a terrorist.

You are saying that Muslim leaders are responsible for speaking out against radical Muslim groups.

Why aren't you willing to say that Christian leaders should speak out against radical Christian groups?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:36 pm
Yeah, the Protestant Reformation did tend to stoke the fires of Christian love. Of course, it is worth noting (although not worth much) that politics has always trumped religion in the end. Therefore, you have Catholic France figting Catholic Spain, while the Catholic and Spanish Holy Roman Emperor gleefully slaughtered German Protestants. A century later, while Catholic Austrians slaughtered Protestant Germans, German Lutherans slaughtered German Calvinists, and everyone slaughtered the Anabaptists. Then, just to add fuel to the fire, Catholic France paid subsidies to Protestant Sweden to fight Catholic Austria.

Religion and politics--you can't beat 'em for wholesome entertainment.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:38 pm
But you know, of course, that none of them were Real Christians.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:44 pm
JPB wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Welcome to A2K, LSM. Laughing

The topic question was fairly well answered by butrflynet's link, I think. You then changed it to learning more about Islam. Which topic would you like to discuss?

I did answer that (change of topic) acknowledged that i did start on another topic. in a post. Smile
It was answered very well by buterfynets post, I appreciated that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm
That's a good point JPB.

The Muslims experienced their first sectarian split between Sunnis and Shi'ites. The Shi'ites themselves have fragmented into several smaller sects, but, primarily, they are divided between the Twelver and the Sevener Shi'ites--depending upon whether one contends that there have been twelve or seven "true" Imams. Of course, the dispute about who was or was not a "true" Imam can be endless, and some very small fragments of the Shi'ites believe that not all "true" Imams have actually yet appeared.

You see the same sort of nonsense with fundamentalist christians in the United States who deny that Catholics are Christians.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm
I know a real christian, she is my aunt Betty. When I stillhad a farm I had a goat named Maynard who loved to eat weeds. One day when I was off to work in the city my aunt Betty decided that she could get rid of the weeds in her yard by putting Maynard out there behind her house. She drove out to my farm and put a rope around Maynard (he was very tame) put him in her car and drove him to her house where she let him lose in her back yard. He ate all her roses. When I got home there was a note on my front door demanding payment from me for her eaten roses.
0 Replies