Oh God (now what?)

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:13 am
Wow, cypher, so festive! :-)

I liked your post a lot too.

One thing I'm thinking of doing is addressing that head-on. Something like, "You know we take promises seriously around here... one part of the Girl Scout promise is to serve God. What do you think that means?" Then can take it from there. I'd be fine with adjusting the definition as per Noddy -- serving the god within. 'Course, then she'll probably go around telling everyone she's God. Shocked

We'll see.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 11:54 am
<hee hee> I like to overdo Christmas decorations everywhere I can...

Sounds like this worked out well-- the leader's response sounded really good. Hope Sozlet has a great time! Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:33 pm
The leader sounds like a sensible woman, sozobe.

cyphercat, I LOVE your nose!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:24 pm
Useful Koan for uppity little girls expanding their spirituality:

Once upon a time in far off India where the natives were thinking about God and Truth and such before America was discovered, there was a young student of wisdom.

She had learned much from her teachers and was going back to her village to see all her family and friends.

To shorten the way and improve her mind and spirit she recited one of the koans (thoughts) that her favorite teacher had given her. "I am god. Thou art god. I am god. Thou art god."

Presently she saw an elephant coming down the road. The elephant's mahout shouted, "Make way, make way."

The young student was very excited. She stood in the middle of the road and told the elephant, "I am god. Thou art god. I am god. Thou art god."

On the command of the mahout the elephant picked the student up with her trunk (the best working elephants are all female) and threw the girl to the side of the road where her teacher found her many hours later.

"I don't understand she sobbed. I saw god in myself. I saw god in the elephant. Why was I treated this way?"

"Ah," said the teacher softly. "Didn't you hear god on the elephant's back telling you to get out of the way?"
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:22 pm
Daisy scouts is below brownies, girl scouts, senior scouts, patrol leader, and, finally assistant leader. Get over the God thing and let her join! It's great!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:25 pm
Hi Plantress.

She's been doing it and is having a lot of fun. I think this leader skews secular. She's gone to three, and she says that the god thing hasn't come up yet.
0 Replies