Belly Button Piercing

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:31 pm
I took my belly button piercing out after having it for 7 years.

In a week, it's nearly grown shut. However, my husband said "boy that looks like it's infected."

1- Is it possible for something that's been healed for 7 years become infected?

2- Should I see a doctor or just try cleaning it at home?

It isn't red or anything but gunk came out of the hole when I tried to reinsert the ring. Yuck.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:58 pm
Daaaaamn, I had just typed out a long response to this when my cat somehow shut down my computer.... before I hit submit. Obviously.

It could get infected. When you pulled the ring out, the skin closed up and trapped anything that was in there. I doubt it'd get bad, but it might get irritated. I'd try to work some rubbing alcohol in there daily for a while. Speaking as a non-medical bystander and as a former pierced belly-button-er.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:27 am
I think I will just try that then.

I had no idea it could still get infected after all this time.

Huh.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:35 am
Also, after cleaning the area with alcohol, smear on a good triple antibiotic ointment, just in case.

I have had my ears pierced at least six times, in my younger years. I would constantly get infections in the piercings, take the earrings out, and the hole would close up.

I finally got smart. When I put in earrings, I clean the part that goes into my ears with alcohol as well as the ear lobe itself, and rub a bit of antibiotic ointment on it. Have had no more problems.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:12 am
Well, I took my ring out permanently. Sort of sad I did...but I did it. And I CANNOT get my ring back through. Not even if I pushed a bit. Owie...don't try and repierce yourself. Laughing

So I need it to heal properly without the ring.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:25 am
Id take extra special care of it, clean it without agitating it adn use plenty of antiseptic stuff.

I took my tongue bar out about a year ago and had no problems, luckily!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:02 pm
littlek wrote:
Daaaaamn, I had just typed out a long response to this when my cat somehow shut down my computer.... before I hit submit. Obviously.

Cats, aren't they the best? Laughing
0 Replies