MY COUNTRY, 'TIS OF THEE . . .

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:41 am
2PacksAday wrote:
A random "Dixie Chick" will be superimposed over John Wayne in each of his films, the voice over {dubbing} will be performed by....well, the gayest man found alive.

Karl Marx will replace Washington on the dollar, quarter...and so forth.

God, I love your mind.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:04 am
All male citizens under the age of 40 will wear the uniform of Homeland Security and must register with the United States Postal Service.

http://butrfly.net/Albums/MiscellaneousGoodies/images/cptnamerca.jpg_fl.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:50 am
Some more changes:
Chicken becomes national bird
White Rabbit becomes national anthem
Soldiers must have flowers attached to helmets and wear sandals
Hari Krishna becomes state religion; levitating Pentagon replaces Nasa as national goal
Tofu = national vegetable
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:22 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Some more changes:
Chicken becomes national bird
White Rabbit becomes national anthem
Soldiers must have flowers attached to helmets and wear sandals
Hari Krishna becomes state religion; levitating Pentagon replaces Nasa as national goal
Tofu = national vegetable

I think we need to keep this reasonable.

That is getting a leetle too far fetched.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:50 am
Here is a great example of the stuff that all this irony is built on.

A rabid righty smears Pelosi in this post...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2406423#2406423

have a look at the article she cites for its amazing nastiness and paranoia.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10450

You know, you think threads like this are way over the top in their satire....and then people post exactly what is being laughed at.

Shaking head in disbelief.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:25 am
dlowan wrote:
You know, you think threads like this are way over the top in their satire....

What do you mean "satire"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:35 am
You know, Miss Cunning Coney, while the intent, of course, is satire, the opening paragraph of the introductory post is a paraphrase of a post made by one of the more level-headed conservatives at this site, who has become increasingly hysterical in the tenor of the posts made by said member.

It is not that truth is stranger than fiction, it's just that they are so often indistinguishable.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:36 am
I was really pleased to find this was still around.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
You know, Miss Cunning Coney, while the intent, of course, is satire, the opening paragraph of the introductory post is a paraphrase of a post made by one of the more level-headed conservatives at this site, who has become increasingly hysterical in the tenor of the posts made by said member.

It is not that truth is stranger than fiction, it's just that they are so often indistinguishable.

Yeah? Well, after seeing the nasty drivel I just noted above, I am not surprised.

I haven't visited politics much for a while.

So tell me, is there more of the right wing paranoia around, or more of the 9/11 conspiracy nuttiness?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:41 pm
dlowan wrote:
So tell me, is there more of the right wing paranoia around, or more of the 9/11 conspiracy nuttiness?

That's a tough one. I suspect that rightwing paranoia will be on the rise as the Democrats take control of the House in January--there was a surge of September 11th conspiracy lunacy for a while, but it appears to have died down . . . for the nonce . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:34 pm
What does all this have to do with breasts? (My Country Tits of Thee)
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:09 am
CONGRATULATIONS LIBERALS, most of your goals seem to have been accompolished, including pushing a dem pretending to be a repub into the WH. Great going there. You guys are really much smarter than i gave you credit for, not only did you get one of your own in the WH in 2000 & 2004, you got him to spend our $$$ like a drunken Dem, & then to add insult to injury, he opened the borders. Shocked
I will never doubt your smarts again.
~giggles~
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:33 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS LIBERALS, most of your goals seem to have been accompolished, including pushing a dem pretending to be a repub into the WH. Great going there. You guys are really much smarter than i gave you credit for, not only did you get one of your own in the WH in 2000 & 2004, you got him to spend our $$$ like a drunken Dem, & then to add insult to injury, he opened the borders. Shocked
I will never doubt your smarts again.
~giggles~

Hyena?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
Hint: Trying to actually disown the president is not going to work after all these years of defending and fawning over him.

setanta, funny stuff badly needed about now with addition of the "new" members who have shown up after the november election.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:06 pm
Thanks Boss, although i doubt if we could portray ourselves any "blacker" than the rightwingnuts already think we are.
0 Replies

chiso

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 10:24 pm
You have to work NAMBLA into Social Services or something along those lines.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:59 am
chiso wrote:
You have to work NAMBLA into Social Services or something along those lines.

Brilliant . . . somebody give that boy a cee-gar . . . you could go far in the leftwing brownshirt hierarchy, you know . . .
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:56 am
Oooh. I know, I know! We can sign NAMBLA up through the faith-based initiatives program.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:06 am
I am truly gratified to see the genius our leftwing brownshirt members are displaying in the crucial effort to implement our agenda . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 11:37 am
Don't forget mandating unlimited free condoms and clean needles distributed by the school nurses.
0 Replies