... So help me, Allah.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:49 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Why do you assume that I am a Christian?
Still not paying attention

are you telling us all that, you, the poster named lonestarmadam, are not a christian ?

it's a yes or no question.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:58 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
DTOM, "They aren't part of the christian doctrine, maybe that's why they don't bother me. hehe"
That ring any bells? Unless someone fits your view of what a Christian should be, they they aren't, that's what you're saying & that's why I said how UNdemocratic of you

you've misrepresented what i said. which was;

JPB wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
.....i don't really mind christmas trees, menorahs and such appearing at the appropriate holidays. but, as for the insertion of any religion into the daily business of government, i'm not for it.

DTOM, I agree with you, but Christmas trees are not religious symbols.

you're right, they aren't. spiritual (in a pre-christian way) perhaps, but not part of christian doctorine.

maybe that's why they don't bother me. hehe..
[/quote]

you also failed to recognize this;

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i agree. for that couple of weeks a year, i'm cool with it. creche away.

you do know what a creche is don't you ? as in " the nativity scene" ??
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:04 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Oh, & the other thing you brought up, "What the hella re you talking about"
That was in reference to your gov't doesn't interfere in religious symbols in the public square, or words to that effect. My reference to the mayor of NYC is that it was mayor Bloomberg that alloewed a menorrah & the muslim religious in the public square but would not allow a Nativity.

i was unaware of bloomberg's decision. i disagree with him.
should be all or nothing. but then, maybe he thinks a christmas tree does the trick. wouldn't surprise me with the number of people that insist that the tree is christmas and not solsice or whatever..

You really must pay closer attention, so far you're batting O

oh ? because you say so ??
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:13 pm
How odd. It seems to me the separation of church and state was entrenched as a principle at the birth of the Republic - now revisionists make claims about people trying to remove God from American public life, when in actual fact he wasn't there at the birth of the nation and people of these revisionist ilks dragged him kicking and screaming in direct contradiction of the founding fathers intentions.

From the Library of Congress transcript
Quote:

Mr. President

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem & approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful & zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more & more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves and your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
Jan.1.1802.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:16 pm
yup...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:18 pm
candidone1 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:

At least concede that you's been got.

I'll take a bet on that not happening.

Odds are certainly on your side.

Still waiting.

Funny how no one will take the bet.

Or not funny.

In a Ted Baxter way.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:29 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

are you telling us all that, you, the poster named lonestarmadam, are not a christian ?

No, I am not telling you anything. You asssume, then you ask? What kind of etiquette is that? Still O
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:31 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
DTOM, "They aren't part of the christian doctrine, maybe that's why they don't bother me. hehe"
That ring any bells? Unless someone fits your view of what a Christian should be, they they aren't, that's what you're saying & that's why I said how UNdemocratic of you

you've misrepresented what i said. which was;

JPB wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
.....i don't really mind christmas trees, menorahs and such appearing at the appropriate holidays. but, as for the insertion of any religion into the daily business of government, i'm not for it.

DTOM, I agree with you, but Christmas trees are not religious symbols.

you're right, they aren't. spiritual (in a pre-christian way) perhaps, but not part of christian doctorine.

maybe that's why they don't bother me. hehe..

you also failed to recognize this;

DontTreadOnMe wrote:

you do know what a creche is don't you ? as in " the nativity scene" ??[/quote]
Jeez, I get the deeling that you think i just fell off the pumpkin truck. DUH
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:08 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

No way, I can't even imagine how you'd get on a pumpkin truck.

{Deeling?}
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:45 pm
hingehead wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

No way, I can't even imagine how you'd get on a pumpkin truck.

{Deeling?}

Of course I'd get on a pumpkin truck, I don't fall off pumpkin trucks.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:54 pm
Ok, pumpkin.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:59 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
So, LSM, you are saying that a Christian will pray for someone?
Why is that held as a virtue?
My grandma talked to her plants. It's the same thing.
Both will yield zero results.

Yes, a Christian will & does pray for you, for everyone. It's held as a virtue because it's an unselfish & caring act.
I'm not saying that your granma shouldn't talk to her plants, that's fine, however, maybe had she had people (maybe even you to talk to she wouldn't have felt the need to talk to her plants.

You know nothing of me or my Grandmother.
Saying a prayer is like talking to a plant. Her excuse was that she had dementia
There is no reason why any sane individual should believe that saying a prayer is of any use, other than to make the person praying feel as though what they are doing is important, or as though they are unselfish and caring.

I go out and do things to people, volunteer my time, donate money, food and belongings to those in need.

Provide me with some tangible result a prayer has ever produced other than warm fuzzies for the person praying.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:01 pm
ehBeth wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Still waiting.

Or not funny.

In a Ted Baxter way.

We just got out of a record cold spell....I'll laugh at anything right now.
But I won't take the bet either.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:24 pm
candidone1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
So, LSM, you are saying that a Christian will pray for someone?
Why is that held as a virtue?
My grandma talked to her plants. It's the same thing.
Both will yield zero results.

Yes, a Christian will & does pray for you, for everyone. It's held as a virtue because it's an unselfish & caring act.
I'm not saying that your granma shouldn't talk to her plants, that's fine, however, maybe had she had people (maybe even you to talk to she wouldn't have felt the need to talk to her plants.

You know nothing of me or my Grandmother.
Saying a prayer is like talking to a plant. Her excuse was that she had dementia
There is no reason why any sane individual should believe that saying a prayer is of any use, other than to make the person praying feel as though what they are doing is important, or as though they are unselfish and caring.

I go out and do things to people, volunteer my time, donate money, food and belongings to those in need.

Provide me with some tangible result a prayer has ever produced other than warm fuzzies for the person praying.

I know uyour grandmother talked/talks to her plants....or were you telling a fib there?
<snicker>
There is sane person that cares what you think?
Well, throw you a fish....it's good to know that you help people rather than blast them for what they hold dear. Puuullleeeeze. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:27 pm
hingehead wrote:
Ok, pumpkin.

That's sweet tater to you.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:56 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

No, I am not telling you anything. You asssume, then you ask? What kind of etiquette is that? Still O

DontTreadOnMe wrote:

LoneStarMadam wrote:

okay. you don't seem to have anything to offer beyond useless smart ass non-sequiturs.

yaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn........
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:01 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

LoneStarMadam wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

okay. you don't seem to have anything to offer beyond useless smart ass non-sequiturs.

yaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn........[/quote]

Ok, now you have less that O & that's for your less than candor posts.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:58 am
Since the point of having someone take an oath on a bible is to more strongly bind them to that oath by invoking their religion, it makes sense that to bind a muslim to his oath, a koran should be used.

It's a silly argument.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:18 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Since the point of having someone take an oath on a bible is to more strongly bind them to that oath by invoking their religion, it makes sense that to bind a muslim to his oath, a koran should be used.

It's a silly argument.

omigosh. I agree with Finn. I must be getting old.

As long as the individual concerned makes the choice of book, object whatever.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:38 am
candidone1 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Still waiting.

Or not funny.

In a Ted Baxter way.

We just got out of a record cold spell....I'll laugh at anything right now.
But I won't take the bet either.

Ok.

Who in hell is Ted Baxter, and what the **** does this post mean?
0 Replies