Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

spendius

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I didn't say evolution was bullshit you silly ******* moo.

Stick to Chightie--he's good at providing you feeds so you can demonstrate your expertise and insight in Egyptian and Judean cultures in 3 lines.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 06:47 pm
@spendius,
Yes, you did! You wrote,
Quote:
When I can't get an answer on the question of the flagella organism being compared to the valve in a bicycle-pump at Dover, and presumably under oath of some sort, and such idiocy being listened to with a straight face of most rapturously serious mien by those who are paid vast sums to set us all straight, and a scrum of reporters with yellow notepads the extracted essence of which is avidly perused by anti-IDers having being tarted up to appeal to their hunger the better, plus a few onlookers who one might suppose had nothing better to do, it is hardly me who is "topicless" since it is anti-IDers who brought us the news from Dover and who have made great play pf it being a great national victory for common sense, scientific rigor and logical analysis of that great unknown "Reality". The only thing fm knows about reality is that it is called reality.

It's the implication of what you write so often including the nonsense word you love to use, "anti-IDers."

Your long-winded sentence just touched on science without saying anything about it.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 07:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
People will make up their own minds whether the poster is stupid or not.
So why do most of your posts do nothing but entertain your own dribble ? Isnt there anyone who listens to you in real life or is it so long ago that you were a man you have forgotten how to behave like one ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 07:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, Your posts aren't even disguised; they're just ramblings outside the sphere of what's being discussed. If the topic is about dogs, I don't want to hear about carrots. You need to learn to stay on topic.
Another waste of a post .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 08:22 pm
@farmerman,
The great self declared scientist says there is nothing wrong with teaching children everything about evolution regardless of the consequences . After all, there is nothing wrong with him.... Very Happy
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 10:38 pm
@aperson,
Most people who refuse to acknowledge that evolution is a fact are typically religious. (not all but most) Out of those people again a huge majority are typically christian and why the refuse to accept evolution is because it conflicts with their theology. If evolution is true then genesis has gotten it all wrong and they refuse to accept reality and allow their bible to dictate to them. But it doesn't stop there, many other factors come into play which weaken the biblical accounts of creation and humanity. Several other biblical stories are severely damaged if not completely destroyed by the theory of evolution, such as the noahs ark story. We know with certainty that even if you had seven of every species of animals you would severely damage the gene pool diversity causing lots of problems.

One example is the cheetah, which we have done extensive research and discovered at one point in the past the cheetah's gene pools had gotten so low that genetic defects became huge problems that effect every single living cheetah with none exempt. These sorts of problems would occur in every animal species if the story were true and since we don't find and the fact that we know it would occur with low populations, the story is in error if not just made up completely.

The absurd thing is, those Christians who refuse to accept evolution never have any problems with any other science at all. They are only concerned with the science that supports the theory. Which is silly, if science was so flawed why not have problems with other parts of science, like chemistry or physics? They never question these fields at all unless they come into play supporting evolution theory. Some even try to lump the big bang theory into evolution which they are mutually exclusive theories but that doesn't stop them from trying to discredit it because they are refusing to accept reality for fairytales.
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 03:57 am
@Krumple,
It is precisely because they (the theologians) accept evolution as true that they seek to set it aside for cultural reasons. Those who see no cultural imperitive to set evolution aside from other science are the ones who don't accept evolution. Instead they play around with the bits of it which are not controversial culturally, as at Dover and elsewhere, and fake up that they are dealing with the whole science of it. They do this for personal reasons usually associated with the rejection of Christian sexual morality which is inconvenient to them.

If I may over-simplify what you are saying---there was no world wide flood therefore pre-marital sex, artificial birth control, divorce, adultery, homosexuality, abortion and formal eugenics are to be given the green light. Is that your argument? If it is it's ridiculous.

If those aspects of human behaviour are to be given the okay then make the argument for them properly. Whether there was a Flood or not is irrelevant to the cultural case for them which I can make easily enough.

A separate but connected issue is the population's acceptance of the conclusions of theologians. Which comes down to an acceptance of the authority of experts who have studied the matter over centuries. Most people are willing in varying degrees to accept such authority on the basis that they have not studied these things.

Who, for example, drives on the roads in the same way a Grand Prix driver does? And the Grand Prix driver drives in an evolved way because cultural inhibitions to doing so have been removed by circuit design.

The Geneva Convention inhibits the prosecution of war using evolution's natural procedures. As also the FDA in regard to drugs.

Most of us accept the conclusions of experts. How they are sold to us is another matter. Perceived weakness in the selling techniques do not disqualify the conclusions. Beware the non-sequitur. It is a weapon very easy to use, like secateurs, and impossible to reverse. Anti-evolutionary actually.

Would you prefer a FSA (The Federal Sex Administration) or no administration?

Ionus

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 05:18 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Out of those people again a huge majority are typically christian
You need to know more about other religions .

Quote:
Some even try to lump the big bang theory into evolution which they are mutually exclusive theories
How so ?
farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 05:32 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
You need to know more about other religions .

That has nothing to do with anything that is relevant to this topic. While several religions deny evolution, those religions (Lubovitch,Hasidem, Muslim) already have their own schools that teach their religion. In the US, the attempts to insert Biblical bullshit into public school science is the exclusive fantasy of several Fundamental Christian sects.

So, unless your just trying to beat your gong to uphold some institution whose own basis of being you dont buy , please try to recognize how the issue has gone in our society (We are attempting non sectarian school systems)
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 10:00 am
@spendius,
spendi, Evolution is not based on culture; it's based on science.
hamilton

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 10:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
maybe he means the natural selection process. when you change an enviroment, you change the inhabitants' cultures, and then survival of the fittest kicks in.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 12:08 pm
@hamilton,
It's the migration of the people; the changes to the environment is very slow compared to human lifespans. If you see the establishment of communities from the beginning of mankind, you'll see them locate where there are natural sources for food and water.
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 12:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, Evolution is not based on culture; it's based on science.

I presume you mean evolution science is based on science. Which is as one might expect.

Evolution is based on the survival of the fittest, loosely, which means you and I should be shot. Instead the silly sods are trying to keep us going in order to sell us their products for longer. They claim it is their compassion but I'm not daft enough to swallow that.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 12:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If you see the establishment of communities from the beginning of mankind, you'll see them locate where there are natural sources for food and water.

That is because those communities which located where there were no " natural sources for food and water" have left no record of their existence.

What's the correct method for sucking eggs ci.?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 03:23 pm
@spendius,
Where did you learn about paleontology? Demand a refund from that school.
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I never went to any paleontology schools. I went to "WTF's going to happen next" schools. I wasn't in the Scouts because how can you "be prepared" when you don't wtf it will be.
tenderfoot

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 12:32 am
@spendius,
You must be a tart Spendi.... you seem to know exactly what a tart would say

"WTF's going to happen next"
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 03:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
That has nothing to do with anything that is relevant to this topic.
Let he who is without rocks throw the first stone .
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 04:50 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
If I may over-simplify what you are saying---there was no world wide flood therefore pre-marital sex, artificial birth control, divorce, adultery, homosexuality, abortion and formal eugenics are to be given the green light. Is that your argument? If it is it's ridiculous.

Why would believing a flood story have an effect on life style? Weather you agree with that life style or not it is irrelevant to the fact that the bible is full of errors and science proves that fact. So really what you are trying to impose is that we pollute science so people will live the way you "think" they should live.
Ionus

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 09:48 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Why would believing a flood story have an effect on life style?
Do you read the Bible like a John Wayne movie ? It is about morality, it is not an outdated action flick .