Remind Me Again... We're Staying In Iraq Why?

snood

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:18 pm
Brandon, how does one show verifiably that something does not exist?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:19 pm
Brandon, how would Sadaam show verifiably that something did not exist - to your satisfaction?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:42 pm
snood wrote:
Brandon, how would Sadaam show verifiably that something did not exist - to your satisfaction?

I suppose the tooth fairy must have taken them away, right snood?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

No, Shrub's daddy and the UN took care of the problem...

Report Finds No Evidence Syria Hid Iraqi Arms

"The team found that the 1991 Persian Gulf War and subsequent U.N. sanctions had destroyed Iraq's illicit weapons capabilities and that, for the most part, Hussein had not tried to rebuild them. Iraq's ability to produce nuclear arms, which the administration asserted was a grave and gathering threat that required an immediate military response, had "progressively decayed" since 1991. Investigators found no evidence of "concerted efforts to restart the program."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

That's hilarious, but since you're answering something not asked of you, you want to answer what was asked?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:33 pm
Why are we in Iraq? Could it be because of the 80 to 100 billion dollars a year we are giving too the private military organizations that the business leaning Bush government maintains to the detriment of our armed forces.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:56 pm
snood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

That's hilarious, but since you're answering something not asked of you, you want to answer what was asked?

I say again to Brandon or McGentrix:
How would Sadaam have proved to your satisfaction the non-existence of the weapons in question?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:19 pm
snood wrote:

Of course, this is impossible to do - to the satisfaction of those who were convinced that Saddam still had more WMD.

Not to mention the later justification that Saddam had WMD programs. How do you show that the programs are dismantled, verifiably? You cannot.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:24 pm
Yeah, I know. But I want to hear what those so adamant about "verifiable proof" that the WMDs didn't exist will say they'd accept.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:30 pm
snood wrote:
Yeah, I know. But I want to hear what those so adamant about "verifiable proof" that the WMDs didn't exist will say they'd accept.

They won't say anything about it. Just circle the wagons endlessly against the onslaught of reality - the fact that he didn't have any.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:58 pm
Recall this:
Quote:
President Bush's statements on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction
Readers may not recall exactly what President Bush said about weapons of mass destruction; I certainly didn't. Thus, I have compiled these statements below. In reviewing them, I saw that he had, indeed, been as explicit and declarative as I had recalled.

Bush's statements, in chronological order, were:

"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

United Nations address, September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."

Radio address, October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."

"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

Cincinnati, Ohio speech, October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."

State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."

Address to the nation, March 17, 2003

Source

Bush seemed convinced, as was Brandon et al. were, that there were WMD in Iraq. The Bush cabal is still reeling from the fact that the premise for war turned out to be a patent falsehood.
I don't expect to see Brandon tune into reality any sooner than Bush. They convinced the world that WMD existed in Iraq and no mountain of facts to the contrary will convince them otherwise.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:58 pm
Recall this:
Quote:
President Bush's statements on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction
Readers may not recall exactly what President Bush said about weapons of mass destruction; I certainly didn't. Thus, I have compiled these statements below. In reviewing them, I saw that he had, indeed, been as explicit and declarative as I had recalled.

Bush's statements, in chronological order, were:

"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

United Nations address, September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."

Radio address, October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."

"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

Cincinnati, Ohio speech, October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."

State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."

Address to the nation, March 17, 2003

Source

Bush seemed convinced, as was Brandon et al. were, that there were WMD in Iraq. The Bush cabal is still reeling from the fact that the premise for war turned out to be a patent falsehood.
I don't expect to see Brandon tune into reality any sooner than Bush. They convinced the world that WMD existed in Iraq and no mountain of facts to the contrary will convince them otherwise.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:18 pm
candidone1 wrote:
They convinced the world that WMD existed in Iraq

No, they didn't.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:31 pm
Sorry, can't edit my double post.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:28 am
Have you read the list of WMD quotes from other politicians? It's quite extensive and complete and makes almost every politician look just as guilty as Bush in believing Saddam had WMD's.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:33 am
No, not "just as guilty" as Bush. Bush sought out an excuse to go to Iraq after he had already decided on war. It was and is his war right from the start. That others bought into the sham doesn't make it any less his sham.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:36 am
snood wrote:
snood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

I say again to Brandon or McGentrix:
How would Sadaam have proved to your satisfaction the non-existence of the weapons in question?

I don't like your question Snood. It reeks of stupidity.

What you should be asking yourself is "What happened to the WMD's that Saddam did not verifiably destroy?"

Many of you guys seem to be in denial that Saddam had WMD's. We sold them to him, remember? The Rumsfeld handshake and all that? Ring a bell?

But, What Saddam could have done, was allow the UN Weapon inspectors unfettered access to the entirety of Iraq for the 12 years he thwarted every effort. He could have allowed the UN to document his entire armamnet and log the destruction of every single ounce, pound and ton of WMD.

That's it.

So, I have now answered your question, how about answering mine. Where did the WMD's that have not been verifiably destroyed go?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:41 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
No, why should we? However, we do support the form of government in all democracies, and their citizens' right to choose their own leaders. We can believe that a country has the best possible form of government, without automatically supporting everything that country does.

You mean, as when a former agent of Air America, notorious front organization for the CIA in southeast Asia, funneled funds to the opposition to Gough Whitlam, the democratically elected prime minister of Australia? The Prime minister who was--when the opposition couldn't engineer his defeat--forced to resign in a unprecedented move by the Governor General, who just happened to be in constant touch with William Colby, former station chief in Saigon, and soon-to-be Director of Central Intelligence, is that what you're talking about?

That may be a little murky for your. How about the CIA's involvement in the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Mohammed Mosadegh in Iran, after which the Shah's police state was imposed on the Persian people? Is that the sort of thing you mean? Or how about the overthrow and assassination of Salvador Allende in Chile, is that what you mean when you say that we do support the form of government in all democracies, and the right of the people to choose?

Stop making **** up, Brandon, you just make yourself look a fool.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:57 am
McGentrix wrote:
Have you read the list of WMD quotes from other politicians? It's quite extensive and complete and makes almost every politician look just as guilty as Bush in believing Saddam had WMD's.

I think it makes other politicians look like they took bush at his word and supported him in the beginning. Isn't that what you war monger bush lovers asked for? Support our president? Well. he got that support and everyone else got f*cked. Apparently some of you like that felling and choose to keep him lodged dirctly up your bungs.

Pardon the rest of us if we take a pass.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I think it makes other politicians look like they took bush at his word and supported him in the beginning. Isn't that what you war monger bush lovers asked for? Support our president? Well. he got that support and everyone else got f*cked. Apparently some of you like that felling and choose to keep him lodged dirctly up your bungs.

Pardon the rest of us if we take a pass.

You must not have read most of them then. Most were made before Bush was President. So, what's the excuse now?
0 Replies