If there Is A Draft....

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 07:03 pm
snood wrote:
The age limit for a first-time Army recruit is now 42, as of June '06.

talk72000 wrote:
I think Rangel suggested or that perhaps I read somewhere that the military already has the provision to call up people in an emergency. In that article the upper limit was 42 which I think Clark Gable was when he signed up for WWII duty after Carole Lombard died in a plane crash.

thanks guys. during world war II they took as old as 45 or so for combat according to my dad. he ran into his 52 year old uncle in italy, but jean was a seabee.

i agree with those who believe that some people would be a lot less in a hurry to get into a war if they or their family could be drafted. sure as hell made me think a lot more about things...

have you guys heard anything about the reactivation of the draft boards a couple of years ago? there's a ton of stuff on "the google".
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 04:29 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
NONE Of The New GOP Congress Members Has Served In The Military... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/12/06/none-of-the-new-gop-congr_n_35722.html

Neither did Hillary or Barak Obama.

Whats your point?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 04:53 am
I don't know, I find it a bit ironic that the GOP, the party of the Anti-Flag Desecration Amendment to the US Constitution AND the party who has accused anyone who has offered any dissent from it's leader's unilateral invasion of sovereign countries as unpatriotic, couldn't find a bunch of returning GI's and Jills to run and win on it's ticket.

Why do you think that is?

Do you think it's because it's also the party who has cut the most money slated to go to Veterans Benefits or just that those returning from Iraq have had their fill of bullcrap foisted on them by the GOP as reality?

Joe(Did any GOP Iraq Veterans run and lose?)Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:05 pm
A couple of Dem Iraq vets ran & lost.
Being a vet doesn't make one all knowing or even supportive of vets, Kerry comes to mind.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:27 pm
Let's try this again:

Did any GOP Iraq Veterans run and lose?

Surely there were some GOP Iraq Veterans running for the party of God and Guns.

As for the lonestarmadam's baseless remark about John Kerry: a look at the record, including his sponsorship and passage of bills to allow dependents to stay in military housing after the active duty death of a spouse and re-instating the full $500, 000 death benefit to dependents only begins to show his support for the men and women who, like him, know what it means to fight for your country on foreign soil.

Joe(Waiting for the big list of GOP Veterans who lost)Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:13 pm
Didn't find any Repub Iraq war vet that ran for congress, found 6 dems. They're probably still over there fighting.
6, now there's a whole bunch there, huh.
0 Replies