My Dad's Cardiovascular Health

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:39 pm
Almost.........
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:42 pm
<sigh>

My estranged, alcoholic, failing livered aunt was found in a pool of blood in her cold apartment. Body temp 85º, coma. She was once my favorite aunt. It is so depressing and sad. Her kids are only in their 20s.

I won't be finishing my chapter.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:48 pm
littlek,
Take care of yourself. Sounds like you've had quite a bit of stress in your life. Is she getting care right now? You didn't mention if she made it to the hospital.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:50 pm
Oh, your aunt....

don't know what to say but love to you and her.

I can identify with her.

So, just some love.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:52 pm
If your Aunt had a GI bleed, her low body temp could be a good thing.

http://www.emedicine.com/Radio/topic764.htm

Here's a link about another procedure my department performs. You may find this interesting in regards to what may be going on with your aunt.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:53 am
littlek wrote:
<sigh>

My estranged, alcoholic, failing livered aunt was found in a pool of blood in her cold apartment. Body temp 85º, coma. She was once my favorite aunt. It is so depressing and sad. Her kids are only in their 20s.

I won't be finishing my chapter.

Oy!

Sorry to hear all of that.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:20 am
ay yiy yiy.

you have had one tough year, littlek!

here's hoping '07 brings better times for you and your family...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm
(((((littlek)))))
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:25 pm
I'll add my hug and agreement with osso--just love.

{{{{{ littlek }}}}}
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:53 pm
How awful! I'm so sorry, Kris.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:54 am
Region Philbis wrote:
ay yiy yiy.

you have had one tough year, littlek!

here's hoping '07 brings better times for you and your family...

Same wish from both of us.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:26 pm
Thanks all. My aunt was in the hospital for nearly a year a few years ago. She had accute hepatitis and was on dialysis. She pulled through and they wouldn' put her on a waiting list for a liver transplant because she is an alcoholic. She was drinking almost immediately after leaving the hospital. After the diveroce, she lived in an apartment alone. The apartment was in ruins, with unopened mail and messes all over. She did indeed make it to the hospital and somehow was paid up on her medical insurance until the start of december. Her ex (my uncle) paid december. She is comatose, still, but after raising her body temp and what ever else they've done, she is showing some signs of brain activity. But, the docs don't sound hopeful. Her boys are in the process of getting legal custody of her.

I never once in 35 years saw her take a sip of anything alcoholic that I can remember. Maybe one xmas she drank some wine. But, I started being able to tell by her sons' reactions to her when she'd been drinking. I keep coming back to feeling so sorry for my cousins.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 12:09 am
K-do you think all the alcohol in her system prevented her from freezing to death.

I'm with you in feeling terribly sorry for her sons. That is something that will be with them long after she has died.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 06:54 pm
My aunt died yesterday afternoon. Two sides of her family came together with her doctors and decided to take her off life support. She died within moments, her family at her side. I can't even imagine what that must have been like for my cousins.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 06:59 pm
Oh littlek, what a difficult time for her sons. I hope they have close family to serve as a support system. Are they old enough to fend for themselves or will they need to move in with family? My thoughts are with you and your cousins.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 07:01 pm
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:01 pm
Sorry to hear that, K. It's never easy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:47 pm
I've just caught up on the last few pages, l'k. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and your aunt. You've had a tough haul lately.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:37 pm
I haven't been around much and am just catching up, too. I'm so sorry to hear you've had so much to deal with lately, lil'k. I hope you can find some peace in the midst of all this.

(((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 09:58 pm
Oh, k, I'm so sorry. Hugs from me too.
0 Replies