despicable

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:08 am
Some of the most despicable acts of the US of A in my lifetime have been the imprisonment of japanese americans, the gulf of tonkin incident, the nixon administration and the recititation of the pledge (one nation under god) by the entire congress and the invasion of Iraq.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,916 • Replies: 107
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:26 am
and of course Joe McCarthy
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:48 am
and american idol
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:50 am
That's a pretty inclusive list. Letting Reagan off for Iran Contra also rates with me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:05 am
ford pardoning nixon

the treatment of jimmy carter after the failed hostage recue
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:14 am
Dys, for a start:

Harry Truman's loyalty oaths.

Post WWI Bonus Wars.

Government failure to respond to hurricane Katrina.

BBB
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:21 am
The horrors of Nixon administration have been greatly eclipsed by the GW Bush administration. Nixon was impeached for bugging a single office. Bush and his band of murdering thieves have taken it upon themselves to bug the entire country! All our civil rights have been flushed down the toilet. Freedom of the Press no longer exists. The reporters who broke the Watergate scandal never had to reveal their sources and were never imprisoned for NOT revealing them. Now every reporter goes to jail for doing the same thing. Hundreds of thousands are dead in Iraq. Bodies were piled up by Katrina. Tis a sad day for America.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:26 am
Mayor Daley's 'shoot to kill' orders during the '68 Democratic Convention

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. being hit with a rock during a protest march on the Southwest side of Chicago

The many bold-faced, out-and-out lies and deceptions of the Bush administration
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:29 am
dyslexia wrote:
and of course Joe McCarthy

How about old clinton and his girlfriend, Monica?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:30 am
Clinton and his BJ should go down as the least significant thing that has ever happened anywhere at any time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:31 am
blowjob trumps all
Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:32 am
That blowjob wasn't despicable. It was dirty but it wasn't despicable.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:57 am
It's a question of taste. Monica and clinton are both tasteles, low class degenerates.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:05 am
edgarblythe wrote:
blowjob trumps all
Laughing

I was concerned about the blowjob, but not on moral grounds, which is a separate issue. Monica could have been in a position where she could have blackmailed Clinton. Who knew then that he didn't give a damn if everyone knew what he was doing? There was also the issue of "pillow talk" which might have put the country in danger.

We were very lucky that Monica was only a skank and not a spy!
[/b]
0 Replies

blacksmithn

But in the final analysis, the blowjob really only effected the participants.

Of course, that makes no difference to those seeking to blame Clinton for every ill of modern society....

Blowjob trumps all indeed, for some few.
0 Replies

NickFun

That depends on your perspective Miller. Clinton was a married man. I am sure he hasn't gotten a good BJ from Hillary since they were married. No man would turn down a bj any more than a woman would turn down the offer of cunnilingus -- especially if she's not getting any!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:11 am
I'm beginning to believe that "Give 'em hell" Harry may well have been our best president:

On July 31, 1948, the Chicago Defender, one of the most powerful black owned and edited newspapers in the country, published the headline "President Truman Wipes Out Segregation In Armed Forces." Executive Order No. 9981 issued by President Truman provided for "equality of treatment and opportunity in the armed forces without regard to race, color, religion, or national origin." This was the first time that a president used an executive order to implement civil rights principles and was a major victory for civil rights advocates in the quest for full citizenship. Despite these orders, full integration of African Americans in the armed services was carried out slowly. It was not until the end of the Korean conflict that full integration of the armed forces had been achieved.

http://lcweb.loc.gov/exhibits/odyssey/archive/08/0806001r.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:11 am
I have noticed that the more conservative posters are the ones who bring up the blowjobs all the time. No one else gives a damn anymore. This shows me that it is a mere ploy to keep the conservative faithful riled against Democrats than anything else.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:14 am
NickFun wrote:
Clinton and his BJ should go down as the least significant thing that has ever happened anywhere at any time.

I find this statement to be incredibly true. It's been my experience that this only seems to surface as some sort of defense mechanism in an argument when addressing Bush's shortcomings.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:21 am
The facts here don't support your contention. The only reference to Clinton's White House blowjobs here has come from evident liberals decrying imaginary Republicans whom they suppose are obsessed with it.

While the internment of Japanese immigrants and their descendents during WWII was a regretable thing, in an historical context it was at least understandable - and far less than was done in comparable situations by other nations (including Japan) under attack or duress from foreign sources.
0 Replies