queer penquins upset parents

parados

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:12 am
I think all books concerning lions should be banned. Lions live in a pride with one male and mulitiple females. It obviously promotes promiscuity or extremist Mormonism.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:20 am
´There's actually just now (well, since October) a big exhibition in the National Nature History Museum in Oslo/Norway: "Delfin-dildo, homo-hamster og sjimpanse-lesber"

Against Nature? - an exhibition on animal homosexuality

(Several links on that museum's website)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:25 am
I was gonna say how silly this all is because teaching that two adults, same sex or not, realizing a young one is parentless and joining efforts to protect and assure that the little one survives is a great lesson in honoring our young, caring for others and stepping up to help those in need.

Then, someone mentions that the zookeeper said that it appeared that the two male penguins "love" each other!

Whoa! That's a human emotion, is it not? What happens if we find out that animals, birds, and all sorts of other things can actually have affection towards one another?

cjhsa's children may read that and never want to hunt again. Children across the country would stop stepping on ant hills. It would no longer be fun to blow up frogs with firecrackers or pull wings off of grasshoppers!

Christ! No telling what else this might lead to. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:25 am
hey hey hey!

I thought I made it clear.

Boy Girl
Boy Girl
Boy Girl

Posters HAVE to stay in Boy Girl order.

Otherwise, you know, people might start talking.

So, no Girl posters until after the next Boy poster.

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:31 am
I can just picture cjhsa's children now...

Honest, Mr Game Warden. The deer looked gay to me so I had to shoot him.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:40 am
sozobe wrote:
Eh? Doesn't take much projection when same-sex animals are observed having sex with each other...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

WOW!
I did not know this..

interesting.
Amazing actually..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:43 am
Yeh, gotta watch those macaques..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:52 am
I think all books about seahorses should be banned as well.

You know the male is the one to take primary care of the children while the female leaves? Sometimes, she never returns?

That just might destroy the sanctity of marriage. AND give women some weird idea that they can actually leave their husbands.

Destruction of america would start there!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:10 am
Here's a list of animals / birds / insects known to have homosexual relations.

The Pretty-Faced Wallaby and the Blowfly, sure! They even sounds gay!

But, polar bears? Embarrassed
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 12:39 pm
squinney wrote:
Here's a list of animals / birds / insects known to have homosexual relations.

The Pretty-Faced Wallaby and the Blowfly, sure! They even sounds gay!

But, polar bears? Embarrassed

I love and accept my cousins no matter their sexual orientation. I'm a liberal Bear that way.....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 12:45 pm
It amazes that so many people are so taken in by their religious' beliefs without understanding "nature." They tag it as a "sin," and do not think any further. Blind faith is an idiotic, ignorant thing.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 03:42 pm
I used to live near a city park with a large collection of North American waterfowl. I walked around the pond every day. It used to amaze me how fast some parents would shuffle their small children back to their cars when mating season was underway.

Anyone who thinks ducks are all heterosexual is very mistaken. The males are omnisexual. They'd mate with anything they could outrun....males, females, turtles, holes in logs, you name it. They didn't even care if it was alive.

Good thing there was a fence!

Sometimes a duck would drown from being pinned underwater while several others mounted it at the same time. The ducks would continue mating with the dead body nonstop for hours until a Parks Department employee showed up and forcibly removed it from the water. Those were some brave guys. They had to wear protective gear.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
Yeah. There were zillions of ducks in Naperville, same story. One day I was walking towards a bridge there and saw a guy standing on it throwing rocks at the ducks. I was working myself into a high dudgeon, ready to confront him, when I got close enough to see what was going on. A group of male ducks were doing that -- pinning a female (presumably) under the water. The guy was throwing rocks at the rapist-ducks. (And seeming to have some success at getting them to release the pinned duck.) Instant opinion change.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
sozobe wrote:
The guy was throwing rocks at the rapist-ducks. (And seeming to have some success at getting them to release the pinned duck.) Instant opinion change.

The men who ran the Republican Party in the House of Representatives for the past 12 years were a group of weirdos... And for 12 years, the media didn't call a duck a duck, because that's not something we're supposed to do.

- Dick Meyer, CBS

context makes some things really eye-opening Shocked
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 04:58 pm
sozobe wrote:
The guy was throwing rocks at the rapist-ducks. (And seeming to have some success at getting them to release the pinned duck.) Instant opinion change.

The men who ran the Republican Party in the House of Representatives for the past 12 years were a group of weirdos... And for 12 years, the media didn't call a duck a duck, because that's not something we're supposed to do.

- Dick Meyer, CBS

Maybe it isn't fair to quote the deleted part of a post, but I love this analogy. I know just what these guy-ducks were thinking: "Look how partisan and angry those humans are. They're even throwing stones! It's time to re-establish civility and bi-speciesanism to the pond process. As a start, humans should stop their biased and aggressive stone-throwing right now."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 05:08 pm
just as jesus said "ma, put down that stone"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 05:43 pm
(and buy me... a mercedes benz....)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 05:49 pm
Couldn't help that one, probably should have. We all know I'm not a believer, but I'm not knocking everything - indeed it's the understanding of Jesus I once paid attention to in contrast to the present Amazing Money Mindedness that gets me going.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:13 pm
Brokeback Iceberg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:23 pm
Thomas wrote:

Maybe it isn't fair to quote the deleted part of a post,

It's not deleted, it's my new (as of yesterday or so) sig!

Definitely an interesting juxtaposition though. Shocked
0 Replies