Bush Appoints AntiAbortion Doc to Head Pregnancy Office

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:35 am
Quote:
The Bush administration, to the consternation of its critics, has picked the medical director of an organization that opposes premarital sex, contraception and abortion to lead the office that oversees federally funded teen pregnancy, family planning and abstinence programs.

The appointment of Eric Keroack, a Marblehead, Mass. obstetrician and gynecologist, to oversee the federal Office of Population Affairs and its $283 million annual budget has angered family-planning advocates.

Keroack currently is medical director of A Woman's Concern, a Christian nonprofit. The Dorchester, Mass.-based organization runs six centers in the state that offer free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds and counseling. It also works to "help women escape the temptation and violence of abortion," according to its statement of faith. And it opposes contraception, saying its use increases out-of-wedlock pregnancy and abortion rates.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/18/D8LFELHG0.html

So he's done it again. I am so disgusted, that I really don't know WHAT to say. I am counting the days to when he can retire to his ranch. [/b]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,502 • Replies: 117
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:06 am
Quote:
[...]A Woman's Concern supports sexual abstinence until marriage, opposes contraception and does not distribute information promoting birth control at its six pregnancy service centers in eastern Massachusetts.

"A Woman's Concern is persuaded that the crass commercialization and distribution of birth control is demeaning to women, degrading of human sexuality and adverse to human health and happiness," the group's Web site says.

Both supporters and detractors say Keroack, 46, has been a trailblazer in using ultrasound images of fetuses to persuade women not to have abortions.

[...]

His appointment, which does not require Senate confirmation, was the latest provocative personnel move by the White House since Democrats won control of Congress in this month's midterm elections.

President Bush last week pushed the Senate to confirm John Bolton as ambassador to the United Nations and this week renominated six appellate-court nominees previously blocked by lawmakers.

Democrats complain those moves belie Bush's post-election promises of bipartisanship.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino cautioned against reading a larger pattern. "You have to look at these things in isolation," she said.

But, she said, the president will not "compromise on his principles."

source: Chicago Tribune, 18.11.2006, page A3
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:02 am
Dana Parino wrote:
But, she said, the president will not "compromise on his principles."

Principles, my ass. Bush is again attempting to insinuate his own particular religious beliefs on the whole country, at a cost to ALL the taxpayers. I think that his whole "bi-partisanship" bullshit is a huge joke. He is still attempting to use his power (or what is left of it) to foist his beliefs on everyone. [/b]
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:18 am
Good for Bush!!! It's about time he got back to governing the way the people that brought him to the dance expected him to govern.
What is wrong with abstinence? What is wrong with teaching young girls that sex is for grown ups? What's wrong with speaking AGAINST abortion? Those are all decent principles. One doesn't have to be religious to have good morals.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:27 am
Does one have to be religious to have the moral turpitude to letch after teenage pages or is that just a republican thing? I'd say it's probably a combination of the two.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:38 am
So why isn't this a clear interference of religion into matters of state?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:39 am
dyslexia wrote:
Does one have to be religious to have the moral turpitude to letch after teenage pages or is that just a republican thing? I'd say it's probably a combination of the two.

Um, just Republicans? I seem to remember a Gary Studds, D from Mass that actually did the deed with a 17 year old page, know what happened to him? He was applauded, how's that for moral turpitude?
Then there's barney Franks, another D from Mass, he ran a bawdy house out of his basement for young boys, & he's still serving.
You are selective in where you place moral turpitude aren't you.
Anyway, what does any of this have to do with Bush & his agenda?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
ossobuco wrote:
So why isn't this a clear interference of religion into matters of state?

Are you implying that only religious people care about morals, killing unborn babies, teaching kids about the pitfalls of sex while teeny boppers?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:49 am
This is very typical of Bush.

If you remember, he put a vehement anti-Medicare person (Sculley) in charge of the agency. Sculley misled congress on the cost of the Medicare drug plan. Bush had energy companies draft the energy bill. He appointed a person opposed to public radio to head the corporation that oversees public radio.

He has private collection agencies collecting money from delinquent taxpayers, although there are privacy concerns and the cost is much higher than when IRS performed this function.

Etc., etc.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:51 am
Ah, then delinquent taxpayers should not have to pay back taxes?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:54 am
I'm not for any of those dismantliing type appointments, Advocate. But this one seems to be a clear mess up of the principle of separation of church and state.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:56 am
bush is an arrogant jerk off. The fact that he's a republican president has nothing to do with it. He'd be an arrogant jerk off no mater his political views, occupation, or religious beliefs.

If he were an ordinary guy who hung out in bars he would probably spend a great deal of time getting the **** kicked out of him by the same rednecks who now embrace him, simply because he's an arrogant jerk off.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
as always merely MHO. I'm sticking to it though. why? Because I'm an arrogant jerk off :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:59 am
my point being that's why he made this appointment. If you just apply who he is to everything he does, that's the bottom line explanation for it.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:03 am
Madame, who said that delinquent taxes should not be collected? IRS did it, going to great pains to protect taxpayer confidentially. IRS also did it at a fraction of the cost.

This administration seems dedicated to tearing down the wall separating church and state. This wall has been a major strength of the country. David Kuo, who was a high official in the administration in connection with the faith-based initiative, has written a book on this.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:04 am
Contaception increases the pregnancy and abortion rate!?

Life here in Upside-Down World just gets stranger by the minute!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:12 am
Advocate wrote:
Madame, who said that delinquent taxes should not be collected? IRS did it, going to great pains to protect taxpayer confidentially. IRS also did it at a fraction of the cost.

This administration seems dedicated to tearing down the wall separating church and state. This wall has been a major strength of the country. David Kuo, who was a high official in the administration in connection with the faith-based initiative, has written a book on this.

Firstly, seperatipon of church & state is a fallacy, a lie that was put forth by secularists. The state cannot endorse nor establish a religion, that doesn't mean that the state cannot participate in religion. Both Houses of Congress practice religion at the beginning of each business day with a prayer.
Many federal jobs are outsourced to civillian contractors, have been for years. Ever heard of Loral, Halliburton, Boeing, a huge list of civillian contractors work for our gov't.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:15 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush is an arrogant jerk off. The fact that he's a republican president has nothing to do with it. He'd be an arrogant jerk off no mater his political views, occupation, or religious beliefs.

If he were an ordinary guy who hung out in bars he would probably spend a great deal of time getting the **** kicked out of him by the same rednecks who now embrace him, simply because he's an arrogant jerk off.

Rednecks? Are rednecks any less a citizen than say, you? Or are you a person that believes only the elitists should have a say?
Bush is the president, when the elitists gets one of their own lets see how he/she handles his/her latte. lol
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:15 am
I think Bi-Polar is dead right on this one. It's a personality thing. Sadly, he isn't going to make the connection between this and having to face two hostile houses of congress.

I can disagree with, but understand the religious objection to abortion. The contraception thing is beyond belief.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:47 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Rednecks? Are rednecks any less a citizen than say, you? Or are you a person that believes only the elitists should have a say?
Bush is the president, when the elitists gets one of their own lets see how he/she handles his/her latte. lol

Of course I believe only elitists should have a say... and let me define elitist for you... anyone who agrees with me absolutely. the rest of you are all worhtless, weak drains on a society that could be utopian if you idiots just listened to what I say as if it's the word of God.

You don't catch on very quickly do you?
0 Replies