Skin rash - allergic reaction to what!?!?!

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:35 pm
Wy, I used to bring my dog to a park that sometimes had tall grass in bllom. She'd break out in a blistery rash after running through it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 07:42 am
That g/d rash is back. I potted some pansies at my sister's thursday. Must be something to do with gardening. Grr.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 12:06 pm
I'd bet it's some kind of chemical they put on grass and use at nurseries. Probably an insecticide or something like that. Use gloves next time.
0 Replies

Kahud48

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 12:09 pm
My husband has broke out on both of his lower legs (just above the foot, all the way to the top of the sock band).

These were socks he had bought at WalMart.... Brand: "Athletic Works".

He started to break out almost instantly on wearing them. It continued to worsen, and they had been washed. We thought it could be the soap, but that turned out not to be the case.

I did some research and found an article (can't find it now) where
some socks coming in from China had been found to have nickel in the upper elastic of the socks.

That is exactly where my hubby had the breaking out.

That has been 3 months ago now and needless to say, those socks went in the trash.

He is still treating it, but it is just now begining to go away.

Symtoms Were (and still are):
itchy, red, blotchy look, bright red at hair folical (looks just like blood),
burns, tender, raw feeling...........just the gambit of frustration with how it feels. He says he can tell that it is healing now. It is not near as red, but still does not look the best yet.

I wish there were someway to find that artical again on the nickel found in elastic tops in socks from China

P.S. He even had a couple of places to blister up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 03:33 pm
Yikes! Glad he's on the mend!
0 Replies

Sadey

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 08:21 pm
@littlek,
Good evening!
Did you ever find out what this rash was? I appear to have the same thing. It acts like poison ivy except the rash is more mild and the skin, as it heals, feels tight as if I have calamine lotion on it though I don't.
Would appreciate knowing if any of the suggestions that were made were on target.
S
littlek

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 09:22 pm
@Sadey,
Hi Sadey! I never did figure out what it was from. I was tested for the most common 200 allergens and I am not allergic to any of them. My guess is that you have some trigger like I do. You just need to narrow it down, somehow.

Try looking into the phrase 'contact dermatitis'. Let me know if you make any discoveries!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:51 am
Formaldehyde in clothing, bedding, furniture, etc can cause contact dermatitis in some people.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/11/your-money/11wrinkle.html?_r=1&hpw
0 Replies