I Must Be a Bitch

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:41 pm
Do you ever feel like if you have to sugar coat something to someone one more time you are going to spontaneously combust into a thousand little pieces?

Seriously.

I must be a real bitch. Because I can't do it anymore. And frankly, I don't want to do it anymore. If you can't handle the truth, don't ask for it!!!

With A2K as my witness, I am from this moment, refusing to sugar coat anything ever again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,128 • Replies: 37
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:46 pm
Ha! You're going to be very unpopular.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:50 pm
kickycan wrote:

Yeah, well...

You'll still love me, won't you?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:02 pm
Don't sugarcoat it kicky...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:03 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Yeah, well...

You'll still love me, won't you?

Every chance I get.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:03 pm
eoe wrote:
Don't sugarcoat it kicky...

Laughing

Yes, please don't.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:04 pm
I just have this person who CONSTANTLY requires grooming and CONTINUES to ask me the same question over and over again....how many times do I have to say "you're ok!"

Arg.

I figure, it will be good practice to do it here.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:07 pm
well....of course every situation is different, but I sure do know what you mean.

On a personal level, I think women get a bum rap for being called a nag...
Like when you mention something needs to get done, like call the vet because the cats throwing up and having poops, since he's home during the day and would be the one to work around an appt....

for two weeks you mention after every time you clean up puke....then have to listen to how "she's really getting better, I haven't seen any vomit""""for a while""""""(the real reason he doesn't want to take the cat to the vet is because "it upsets her, last time she went she was in a bad mood for a month"

yes the woman explains for the 10th time, because I've been cleaning up the puke...

when it gets to the point of, "OK, i'm calling an making an appointment, I'll take off from work and take her myself...she's sick", the woman hears...

"Jeez! when are ya gonna stop going ON about this?!"

It defies logic that you cannot make the man understand that if he'd done this when you first asked, there would have been no need to "go on about it"

Kicky mi amore, please 'splain this to me...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
well....of course every situation is different, but I sure do know what you mean.

On a personal level, I think women get a bum rap for being called a nag...
Like when you mention something needs to get done, like call the vet because the cats throwing up and having poops, since he's home during the day and would be the one to work around an appt....

for two weeks you mention after every time you clean up puke....then have to listen to how "she's really getting better, I haven't seen any vomit""""for a while""""""(the real reason he doesn't want to take the cat to the vet is because "it upsets her, last time she went she was in a bad mood for a month"

yes the woman explains for the 10th time, because I've been cleaning up the puke...

when it gets to the point of, "OK, i'm calling an making an appointment, I'll take off from work and take her myself...she's sick", the woman hears...

"Jeez! when are ya gonna stop going ON about this?!"

It defies logic that you cannot make the man understand that if he'd done this when you first asked, there would have been no need to "go on about it"

Kicky mi amore, please 'splain this to me...

The answer to that lies in the phrase "needs to get done". It's obvious that if it's getting cleaned up, there's no need to do anything, right? Seems pretty simple to me...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
I hear ya. You ask them to do something, they don't do it and by the fourth or fifth time you're forced to ask, then you're being a nag about it.
Sometimes, you can't win.

Then, if you get tired of asking and just do it yourself, you're slapped with being a control freak and wanting everything done your way with no imput from anyone else.

lose-lose situation #247 Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:14 pm
So true. Now, let him slip in cat vomit or pooh a few times, if you can stand it, and THEN it'll be time to take the poor animal to the vet because something si wrong.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:21 pm
now how did I miss something that obvious?

seriously though, what is it about men that they can't figure out the asking is not going to stop until you do it? Why not just get it out of the way?

ok....moving on.....
on a professional level, sometimes there's someone who just doesn't get it, and they're shocked and appalled when someone finally points it out to them in a way that doesn't practically sound like a compliment.

The worst is the passive agressive person, by a mile. My office next door uber passive agressive co-worker now has to travel a lot more, and let me tell you, it's a little slice of heaven for me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:31 pm
Small triumphs: Yesterday I mentioned getting the snow tires on the car ffor the first time this year and now the snow tires are on the car.

I personally brought the snow shovel and ice chopper into the house in case the first snow is too much for my trusty broom.

Bella--

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and I'm a big fan of Dead Flies.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:33 pm
I don't like flies at all.

So if they stay away, that's even better. Laughing

I don't mean I want to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. I just get tired of the "tell me the truth but only if I agree with it or it isn't mean" crap people pull.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:34 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Small triumphs: Yesterday I mentioned getting the snow tires on the car ffor the first time this year and now the snow tires are on the car.

I personally brought the snow shovel and ice chopper into the house in case the first snow is too much for my trusty broom.

Bella--

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and I'm a big fan of Dead Flies.

oh wow, those small moments are so precious.
0 Replies

Wally Tea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:35 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
seriously though, what is it about men that they can't figure out the asking is not going to stop until you do it? Why not just get it out of the way?

We've never had that problem, have we? Were you talking about me, Chai?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:36 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Small triumphs: Yesterday I mentioned getting the snow tires on the car for the first time this year and now the snow tires are on the car.

What did you do to the poor man last year?!?!?!?

You realize, we're gonna have to terminate his membership.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:37 pm
Wally Tea wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

We've never had that problem, have we? Were you talking about me, Chai?

NO
WAY.

Chai's equal half is here? I had no idea!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:39 pm
OOOPS! Shocked
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:43 pm
Bella, eoe,

I have a phony A2K account where I pretend to be Wally Tea. I really need to stop doing that.
0 Replies