george bush: hero for fundamentalists and fascists

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:33 am
Simmer down, Max. Don't burn all your bridges with a2k.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:50 am
There's a quite a number of conservatives on this forum that are highly respected by all members (even by such a liberal as myself) if your concern is that the liberals here outnumber the conservatives i agree but if you contend that you can't get a fair shake, i totally disagree.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:40 am
The moderators are fair in looking at gross violations like the strafing of the site by bushisgod. It's like the fellow who saunters into the bar and slugs someone because they said something they didn't agree with. That they are roasted should be expected even though we'd all like to see them ignored which is what they deserve. Would they issue these kinds of insults in person? I think not, 'cause they might walk away bow legged.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:57 am
http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=0&aid=D7S60P6O0_story
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:03 am
Max
I agree the preponderance of a2k participants have a strong liberal bias. However, that I do not believe is the cause of frustration. The frustration IMO is related to the unhappy chore of expressing one's conservative ideals while having the ball and chain of George Bush around ones ankle. Not only is his administration a heavy cross for conservatives to bear. But it is the source for much of the ammunition for liberals to use.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:30 am
Ya got a point there, au.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:47 am
Conservative and liberal ideals have one thing in common -- little of it is pragmatic. Ideals are really a form perfectionism and one is likely to be continually disillusioned and frustrated with the likes of our politicians. It does make voting interesting because when you're in that booth, the ideals have to be basically thrown out the window.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:50 am
(Hint, the constitution was written by attorneys/politicians -- anyone care to examine Jefferson's second term?)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:19 am
Conservatives' core duty on WMD

By Doug Bandow

WASHINGTON There was a time when conservatives fought passionately to preserve America as a limited constitutional republic. That was, in fact, the essence of conservatism. It's one reason Franklin Roosevelt's vast expansion of government through the New Deal aroused such bitter opposition on the right. But many conservative activists seem to have lost that philosophical commitment. They now advocate autocratic executive rule, largely unconstrained by constitutional procedures or popular opinions.

This curious attitude is evident in the conservative response to the gnawing question: Where are Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction? A surprising number of conservatives respond: So what? He must have had them; maybe he gave them away. And, anyway, Hussein was a bad guy. In their view, even to ask the question is to mount a partisan attack on President Bush, and that's downright unpatriotic.It always seemed likely that Baghdad possessed WMD. Not only did Iraq once maintain a WMD program, but how else to explain the regime's obstructionist behavior during the inspections process?

More}
[URL=http://]Conservatives'core duty on WMD[/URL]
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:37 am
http://csmonitor.com/2003/0709/csmimg/cartoon.jpg

Just another source of conservative frustration.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 05:47 pm
I think that should be "The State of the Union Undressed"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 05:48 pm
For someone who can't watch TV and chew pretzels at the same time.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:21 pm
um thinking that is more of cant talk and think at the same time
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:27 pm
yes, Dys, proof for your thought: have you noticed how he looks so incredibly strained when he tries to do both? it just ain't happenin!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:37 pm
um just listening to NEWS HOUR and Rumsfeld is defending the Bush statement about nuclear materials (you know it as the big lie) anyway Rumsfelt offers a new twist on Whitehouse logic, he said and no i am not making this up "FACTS CHANGE"
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:48 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, if GWB had said that, it would have been NUCULAR
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:50 pm
dyslexia wrote:
um just listening to NEWS HOUR and Rumsfeld is defending the Bush statement about nuclear materials (you know it as the big lie) anyway Rumsfelt offers a new twist on Whitehouse logic, he said and no i am not making this up "FACTS CHANGE"

of course they do, it depends on what the meaning of "facts" is.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:40 pm
Depends on "historical revisionists"!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 06:44 am
Bill.
Historical revision or revision of history has in the past occurred only after a number of years. Facts do not change memory does. The Bush administration has even revised that. It now occurs daily.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 09:54 am
30 minutes ago is history to GWB, and therefore not open for discussion. Only someone with lots of things to hid takes this kinda attitude! It is sad, very sad <sigh>
0 Replies