Who Lost Iraq?

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 01:19 pm
Bush never said that we should stay the course.

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1755511
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 03:30 pm
Setanta wrote-

Quote:
The neo-cons, taking counsel of their capitalist-driven desires, have long wanted to establish military bases in southwest Asia, and have specifically stated, prior to those attacks which i mentioned, that they wished to see military bases established in southwest Asia.

Is it presumed in that that the "wishes" derived from "capitalist-driven desires" are contrary to American, and the West's, long term strategic interests or that "capitalist-driven desires" are unhelpful at anytime?

Or is it that the "wishes" are somewhat whimsical and could just as easily have been for having no bases or for a pair of new socks.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 03:37 pm
Advocate wrote:
I am glad to see that Helen Thomas still has it.

Early on, she said that W was the worst president in memory.

Course at this stage in her life, he's the only President she can remember.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
ticomaya, You're barking up the wrong tree! Helen Thomas has spoken to more presidents than you'll ever hope to meet or remember.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ticomaya, You're barking up the wrong tree! Helen Thomas has spoken to more presidents than you'll ever hope to meet or remember.

Tico is a past master at pulling your chain.

But hey, a little sympathy for the Right right now, the poor buggers, they've been shown to be wrong all along.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
Helen Thomas is a bitter old has been, time to put her in a home.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:05 pm
Advocate wrote:
Bush never said that we should stay the course.

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1755511

Of course he didn't. And now, in the Land of the Free, the video's been pulled.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:07 pm
Her cogent piece tells me that Helen has not lost much, if anything.

Another writer of a very advanced age (90) is Daniel Shorr. He is probably as sharp as ever, and very critical of the Bush fiasco over the past six years.

And then you have the drug fiend, Limbaugh. Tico, is he your man?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:08 pm
Bush still thinks his "stay the course" rhetoric isn't being heard. LOL
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:12 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Helen Thomas has spoken to more presidents than she'll ever remember.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:12 pm
McTag wrote:
But hey, a little sympathy for the Right right now, the poor buggers, they've been shown to be wrong all along.

I hope you're not really suffering under that delusion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:14 pm
Look who's talking about "delusion?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:17 pm
A great many people have known for a long time that the American conservative voter had been deluded by this admininstration, and that the neo-cons were motivated either by ignorance or the will to lie to get what they wanted.

What has changed is that the American electorate, including many formerly deluded conservative voters, have awakened to an ugly political morning, and have had the decency to turn the bastards out of office.

Let us hope we haven't simply exchanged one set of venal bastards for a different set--a faint hope at the best of times in electoral politics.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:32 pm
But hey, a little sympathy for the Left right now, the poor buggers, they've been shown to be wrong all along.

Gee-this is easy.

The left have been wrong since before history books were written for which we should all be truly grateful. I am anyway.

The Capitalist project, the revolution of the middle-classes, has ameliorated the lives of millions of people and will hopefully continue to do so. Is it not a noble project to bring the rest of the world up to our standards. Bases are, among other things, dollar distribution points and an example to others of our way of life. Only a fool of an Iraqi would not want to mow his lawn every weekend and wash his car apart from those who want to boss the rest of them in their hovels.

It just requires patience and heroic, unstinting effort and sacrifice. The left's concern, in my experience, stops at their own front door.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:33 pm
Set, I hear you! It's almost a 50/50 proposition. I will give the dems a little more credit for doing the right things for the Americna People. We just couldn't tell when many of them voted with the republicans in the current congress.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:37 pm
Spendy, you haven't answered my question yet. Do that, then you can get back to the vainglorious posturing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:51 pm
spendi is on to something again! He thinks so poorly about capitalism, when he fails to tell us all the good stuff about communism. spendi also happens to live in a capitalistic country, but that's of no consequence, since all he does is frequent the local pub.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:11 pm
Mac-

Which question?

I will try to answer it if you could tell me what it is.

c.i. wrote-

Quote:
spendi is on to something again! He thinks so poorly about capitalism, when he fails to tell us all the good stuff about communism. spendi also happens to live in a capitalistic country, but that's of no consequence, since all he does is frequent the local pub.

I would cut the third bottle out c.i. if I was you.

If you think that I think "poorly about capitalism" you must be off your f*****g rocker.

There is no good stuff to tell about communism. Wherever did you get a nutcase idea like that from. If I failed to tell you all the "good stuff about communism" it is like I failed to tell you all the good stuff about **** being blown in your face with a slurry gun on full power.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
A great many people have known for a long time that the American conservative voter had been deluded by this admininstration, and that the neo-cons were motivated either by ignorance or the will to lie to get what they wanted.

What has changed is that the American electorate, including many formerly deluded conservative voters, have awakened to an ugly political morning, and have had the decency to turn the bastards out of office.

Let us hope we haven't simply exchanged one set of venal bastards for a different set--a faint hope at the best of times in electoral politics.

You would be wise to listen to the words of Bill Clinton when he said, "The democrats haven't been given a mandate, they've been given a chance."

The election results yielded the message that the voters wanted to vote out some of the incumbent republicans, but there was nothing offered in a cohesive platform by the democrats. If the dems take this too confidently, they will be extremely surprised in the '08 elections.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:42 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Depending on whether or not you were one of the 200,000,000 that Josef Stalin killed or spent quality time in a gulag or just had your farmlands confiscated will determine how good of a review you would like to offer on communism.

I agree with spendius on the wisdom of your post, i.e., there isn't any.
0 Replies