Who Lost Iraq?

TTH

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:11 am
The President was smart by not going through the UN. He didn't have to and he didn't because he already knew and so did everyone else that the UN was going to veto the use of force.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:22 am
I am going to change back to my dog face now.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:26 am
Apparently I bored you. Too bad, maybe you could have learned something new. Not everyone knows everything.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:45 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
xingu wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
The bomb dropped on Nagasaki & Hiroshima was a terriable thing, but it sure ended hostilities with Japan & saving lives, both American & Japanese.

Are you suggesting we start dropping nukes to end the Iraq conflict? Or do you think we should do to the Sunnis insurgents what Saddam did to the Shiite and Kurd insurgents?

It would stop the war & be a discouraging sight for any others that wants to kill 3.000 of our citizens by suidide murderers.
What do you suggest be done to stop the war?

Funny. Those conservatives who are very ignorant about the government of Iran say its president, Ahmadinejah, is a madman. He's going to develope nukes and use them against Israel and bring on a nuclear war. Now you propose we start throwing nukes around killing thousands of men, women and children.

What does that make you?

BTW, where do you propose we drop those nukes?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:49 am
Do you really want to know the answer to that?

The talking dog is quite happy trotting after Mr Bush, wagging its tail and peeing down the occasional leg.

Edit, sorry, wrong nutcase.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:04 am
I read this morning that Tony Blair has finally admitted the Iraq invasion is a disaster.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:07 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I read this morning that Tony Blair has finally admitted the Iraq invasion is a disaster.

Yes and funnily enough, he was replying to a question asked by David Frost on al-Jazeera's new English-language channel!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:09 am
That has been denied by No 10 I gather.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:50 am
Ticomaya wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
No, not at all ... just offering observation based on experience; I'd rather not see this discussion get shut down thanks to some folks with difficulty maintaining adult, civil manner of discourse, particularly as regards direct member-on-member ad hominem attack. I would be unsurprised were that to turn out to be a futile, forlorn hope ... also based on experience.

Welcome to A2K, Monte Cargo and LoneStarMadam.

What timber is recommending, in a manner of speaking, is that you not rise to the bait of Setanta and kuvasz. Easy (and good) advice to give, but harder to follow. I certainly find myself responding to their nonsense frequently. One thing you will notice is they both often have a difficult time keeping a degree of civility in their posts.

Thank you. Smile
I know that timber was advising not to rise to the bait, I it is sound advice, & I also know that it's a weakness on my part that I do rise to the bait. However, AHEM :wink: , school yard bullys are a pet peeve of mine & I just can't seem to help but fight back. I will try harder to ignore those cretins in the future.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:56 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
The USA didn't even need the UN to agree, the President sent our troops in based on the powers of our own constitution. I personally think the UN is useless. They all agree to something then back down. How many times do you have to tell someone NO, lets see 16 or was it 17 times?

If the UN followed their own rules they would have taken Saddam out after he broke 17 UN resolutions. The UN is nothing but a bunch of despots living large on mostly our dime, they need to go.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:59 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
Apparently I bored you. Too bad, maybe you could have learned something new. Not everyone knows everything.

This adage fits this place quite well,
"If apples were idiots, this place would be an ordhard" :wink:
Liberals do know everything, if you don't believe me, just ask one of them. lol
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:13 am
Back to the original question...."Who lost Iraq?"
I still want to know why the poster says that we have lost Iraq. We're still there, no draw down date has even been given.
BTW-The election is over & I would hope that now, out of common decency, if for no other reason, the Dems would stop using our military, ESPECIALLY OUR DEAD TROOPS, for political fodder.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:43 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I still want to know why the poster says that we have lost Iraq. We're still there, no draw down date has even been given.
BTW-The election is over & I would hope that now, out of common decency, if for no other reason, the Dems would stop using our military, ESPECIALLY OUR DEAD TROOPS, for political fodder.

Are you trying to say the dead are just a comma in history?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:45 am
Gelisgesti wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Are you trying to say the dead are just a comma in history?

Absolutely not. Out of respect for them, they should not be used for a political agenda.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:46 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:

That's why we call it Remembrance Day - so that the military, particularly those who were killed in action - are never forgotten - and that the lessons learned are not forgotten.

You may call it political fodder, I call it respect.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:47 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:

If you find your posts increasingly unmet by response it's likely because you are disappearing under their "ignore" function. And if you are being ignored, it will certainly have much to do with your lack of care in writing and in reading.

The "poster" didn't say Iraq was lost. He pasted an article by Andrew Bacevich which referenced a number of neoconservatives (quoted or writing in Vanity Fair) who describe the matter using that word. Did you read the pasted Bacevich piece? Did you attempt to locate the neoconservative comments referenced? Do you understand the term "neoconservative"? Are you in the least familiar with who they are? With their presence/influence in this administration?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:48 am
ehBeth wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

That's why we call it Remembrance Day - so that the military, particularly those who were killed in action - are never forgotten - and that the lessons learned never forgotten.

You may call it political fodder, I call it respect.

Yeah right! Rolling Eyes
You have not read the daily body count in big black letters? you have not heard the dems touting the death count, none of that rings a bell?
The dems ran on it fer gawds sake!!!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:56 am
It is important to point out that the troops died for a Bush effort to grab Iraq's oil and gain political capital. Bush and his neo-con buddies should be held accountable for this.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:02 am
blatham wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

If you find your posts increasingly unmet by response it's likely because you are disappearing under their "ignore" function. And if you are being ignored, it will certainly have much to do with your lack of care in writing and in reading.

The "poster" didn't say Iraq was lost. He pasted an article by Andrew Bacevich which referenced a number of neoconservatives (quoted or writing in Vanity Fair) who describe the matter using that word. Did you read the pasted Bacevich piece? Did you attempt to locate the neoconservative comments referenced? Do you understand the term "neoconservative"? Are you in the least familiar with who they are? With their presence/influence in this administration?

What a pity that you don't use YOUR ignore feature. You have just convinced me that I should & will.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 11:20 am
Leno noted last night that Bush visited Vietnam. Leno said: shouldn't he have made the trip in 1968?
0 Replies