Who Lost Iraq?

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:00 am
McTag wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
"It is premature ...."
Exactly, & I agree, the war has not gone as we expected it to, but then we haven't really turned loose yet, not sure that we ever will. PC is the culprit in this war, IMO.
The bomb dropped on Nagasaki & Hiroshima was a terriable thing, but it sure ended hostilities with Japan & saving lives, both American & Japanese.

This is what we've go to contend with.

So, to further the Pax Americana, what should we nix? Damascus? Tehran?

By any means necessary
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:05 am
blatham wrote:
Curious influx of new posters here.

Lone Star Madam

You said, in a post last evening, that the negative progress of the war in Iraq can be attributed to "PC". That's a cliche, precisely the sort which tells us much about what information sources you attend to. Cliches don't expand or encourage thought, they act to terminate it. "With us or against us" or "You can't talk to terrorists" being two more such examples. Last weekend, Dan Bartlett revealed that the administration has, after all, been talking with Syria and with Iran. The response of many of us on hearing that admission (certainly including James Baker, Brent Scowcroft and probably Bush 1, etc) was approximately, "Thank you for dropping the stupid black/white cliches and finally getting real".

Blaming some conception you have of PC doesn't make much sense. Where does that (presumably limiting) PCness reside? The War College? The Pentagon? Rumsfeld's or Cheney's staff? Franks? The Provisional Authority? The White House? Strategic and tactical plans and decisions weren't made elsewhere. Congress has ponied up for the WH on pretty much every request.

Another cliche is that "this President doesn't attend to nor care about polls". Some folks, quite amazingly, actually believe that to be so though Karl Rove wouldn't be one of them. But if you hold it to be an accurate description of this president's independence, self confidence, and propensity to operate on principal, then it's rather difficult to reconcile how he would be bothered one whit by PCness nor why he would establish or change policy to match it. Yes?

I suppose you might make an argument that the recent election results are a consequence of too many of the electorate coming to hold PC notions but that obviously has no retroactive effect on the war.

So, how do you conceive that it is any sort of relevant factor at all in what has happened?

Second question, relating to the several articles at and near the beginning of this thread... what is your conception of the role of the neoconservative contingent in and around this administration in the rationale/push for this war, and third question...what thoughts do you have on this community's growing consensus (or public statements, at least) that blame for the negative progress of the war falls to Rumsfeld, to the administration generally and to Bush specifically?

PC is the culprit & I say that because people refuse to call this war what it is, a religious conflict.
Answer to our third & only, IMO, relative question, it is Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheneys faylt that the war has not been handeled the way it should be.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:07 am
xingu wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
The bomb dropped on Nagasaki & Hiroshima was a terriable thing, but it sure ended hostilities with Japan & saving lives, both American & Japanese.

Are you suggesting we start dropping nukes to end the Iraq conflict? Or do you think we should do to the Sunnis insurgents what Saddam did to the Shiite and Kurd insurgents?

It would stop the war & be a discouraging sight for any others that wants to kill 3.000 of our citizens by suidide murderers.
What do you suggest be done to stop the war?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:27 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Numbers. They've swung wildly from 600,000 Iraquis killed to over 1,000,000 Iraqui casualties and all to be blamed on the United States, or worse, republican administrations in the United States. So my first question is why stop at 1,000,000? Why not 10,000,000 or 100,000,000? What are the sources for these numbers? If it's the democratic underground, the figures probably come from bodycount.org., another propoganda site.

The Iraqi Health ministry estimates 150k dead. That's not a propaganda site, now is it?

Cycloptichorn

& the terrorists have killed most of that 150k, IF that number is to be believed.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:28 am
Quote:
PC is the culprit & I say that because people refuse to call this war what it is, a religious conflict.
Answer to our third & only, IMO, relative question, it is Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheneys faylt that the war has not been handeled the way it should be.

Iraq was a secular state. The original proposition justifying attacking Iraq was that it held chemical and nuclear weapons. How is this religious?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:38 am
blatham wrote:
Quote:

Iraq was a secular state. The original proposition justifying attacking Iraq was that it held chemical and nuclear weapons. How is this religious?

Being coy Blatham? How peculiar.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:11 am
How is blatham being coy exactly? His statement is 100% ON THE MONEY.....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:11 am
McGentrix wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:

Being coy Blatham? How peculiar.

Clearly, it is my nature. Even when a child playing little league, people would commonly remark, rhetorically, "Who IS that coquette at shortstop?"
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:46 am
Bernie-

Could you explain how support for PC, and indeed research into illness resulting from an unscientific diet, square with evolution theory which I have gathered you support being exclusively taught in the nation's schools.

They seem mutually contradictory thought processes to me.

Perhaps you might be good enough to straighten me out on the matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:08 pm
Well, i no longer have any doubt about Monte Cargo--i'm callin' that one Renatus5 (a name the cognescenti will recognize).

The jury is still out on the Madam of the Lone Star Whorehouse.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:12 pm
Setanta wrote:
Well, i no longer have any doubt about Monte Cargo--i'm callin' that one Renatus5 (a name the cognescenti will recognize).

The jury is still out on the Madam of the Lone Star Whorehouse.

I must say, you do obsess don't you. lmao
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:14 pm
You laughed your pathetic ass off yesterday, so the reasonable conclusion is that you don't have one to lose today.

This is not an obsession--everyone at this web site who posts regularly knows what's up with trolls. Even if you are not involved, your appearance, spreading your smelly **** all over the site on the very first day has shown you to be a troll, whether or not a recurrent troll.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:16 pm
You've been here three days--and you are averaging nearly 50 posts per day--48.33 posts per day according to your profile. You puke it as fast as the nastiest troll.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
You've been here three days--and you are averaging nearly 50 posts per day--48.33 posts per day according to your profile. You puke it as fast as the nastiest troll.

Still obsessing, now with what I do with my time, my, my. BTW-& you seem to spend a lot of time here as well, fun ,isn't it. ROTFLMAO
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
You laughed your pathetic ass off yesterday, so the reasonable conclusion is that you don't have one to lose today.

This is not an obsession--everyone at this web site who posts regularly knows what's up with trolls. Even if you are not involved, your appearance, spreading your smelly **** all over the site on the very first day has shown you to be a troll, whether or not a recurrent troll.

You don't know anything about my ***, is that what's wrong with you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:21 pm
I sometimes enjoy posting here. It is significant, though, that you are averaging twice as many posts on a daily basis as i make, and this day is far from over.

None of that changes your troll behavior, though. Did you go look at Free Republic as Dys advised, or are you already a Freeper? You do display that core Freeper characterisitc, though--ignorance coupled with certitude.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:23 pm
I still have neither seen evidence that the president is responsible for the defense of America nor the fact that Congress 'ceded' war-making authority to the executive branch.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:23 pm
Ignorance coupled with certitude: by this ye shall know them.

I like that.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:27 pm
Setanta wrote:
I sometimes enjoy posting here. It is significant, though, that you are averaging twice as many posts on a daily basis as i make, and this day is far from over.

None of that changes your troll behavior, though. Did you go look at Free Republic as Dys advised, or are you already a Freeper? You do display that core Freeper characterisitc, though--ignorance coupled with certitude.

& I should care about what you like or do, why?
I don't worry about how other people spend their time. I at least am not on an employers clock while I post, I spent my time in the barrel & can now enjoy my time doing whatever the hell I choose to do with it.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:29 pm
McTag wrote:
Ignorance coupled with certitude: by this ye shall know them.

I like that.

"An ignorant person is one that doesn't know what they just found out"
Will Rogers

I like that one too.
0 Replies