There's no discussing religion and politics...

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 08:19 pm
That would very likely give rise to the clone wars and I don't mean "Star Wars." It is one of the thing that turned Abuzz into a battlefield of anarchy. Craven wouldn't want to set the precedent (and most of us would figure out who it was in a flash).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 07:25 am
Sorry to labour the point, Craven - I respect any decision you make, of course - but, you said: "I don't think it's possible, I really dont. I tried but don't really want to be nice all the time, and I don't think I'll ever be patient. But it's not just something I can resolve on my own."

Is there something worth discussion here, in terms of site politics, for instance, so that some resolution might occur that is not just you on your own?

I sort of understand the issue about having a site progenitor posting in contentious areas, in terms of people's perceptions of possible power stuff - where I get sort of puzzled is around just how serious it all is, really - IT'S a bluddy WEBSITE, folks - it ain't like there are real life, serious consequences around, even if you DID abuse power. I know that people get upset about things in the heat of discussion, but.....well, here I am posting on a website, I am in no position to say get a life, but...well, perhaps I can say that it is good for us all to maintain a sense of proportion?

I suppose that, despite more than the occasional desire to throttle you myself, (and I think the even spread of throttling fantasies is a sign of your even-handedness!), what makes it difficult to just accept your decision is my knowledge of your integrity - in this as in other areas.

Anyhow - (since you sort of raised it, a couple of times in this thread) I wanted just to open this area up for discussion in case you felt it was worth pursuing.

Still, do as you think you must - you will anyway! LOL.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 10:27 am
Craven:

I know how you feel about not wanting to be nice ... as YOU know Smile

I have a problem with the snipers like CJHSA who snipe at a low level all the time, and then a hothead like me strikes back in a major way. What happens is like in a football game where the original foul goes unnoticed, and then when the second guy retaliates, he gets the penalty Smile I've locked up a topic because of that now, and I think it's still locked ... haven't checked this morning. I only take off at someone when when I amp out at this kind of low level sniping. I can keep civil if both sides of the coin are monitored.

Ok, Ichecked, it's still locked ... CJHSA insults both Mamajuana and I within 4-5 posts. He told Mamajuana she should learn English twice, and he calls me a liar ...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7573&start=300

Anon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 10:30 am
Not to snipe, but...

Pot, Meet kettle...
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 11:02 am
Craven:

I almost mentioned McGentrix ... a most irritating person ... he doesn't like it when he's sniped back at!! I think it's notable that he shows up directly after my post. I've got a stalker at Abuzz who does the same thing ... it's probably this piece of crap! He's got a Massagatto type personality ... just may be Massagatto. I purposely don't respond to this person any more because I personally think he's ignorant! I've also told him not to PM me, but he does. He's a great example of a sniper who runs around offending people, and then puts on this "who me?" attitude.

Get rid of people like McGentrix and CJHSA and you'll have a more civil forum!

Anon
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 11:27 am
Why do people even bother setting up communities? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies