Looking for some advice...

Sofia

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 03:20 pm
This is fun! Weeeee!

I am a bit of a loyalist, and think:

You should wait out the relationship, and then sweep her off her feet.

Meantime, allow her to see you looking into her eyes for a moment longer than necessary... across a crowded room, with a faint smile, not your tongue hanging out. Give a little (not a lot) of the Unspoken Communication. She'll know you are waiting in the wings.

Then--when the relationship fizzles--show up at her door--wine and glasses in the car. Drive to a lovely location--smell good--and tell her all her waiting and yours is over.

Ask her her dreams. Tell her yours.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2003 08:04 pm
I am mostly agreeing with Sugar. Hmm. She is a friend, right, aside from all the rest? And Joe is a friend, but not a close one? I guess I don't understand why most people say it is too late or that you should wait while she/Joe play out. They are not engaged, are they?

Can't you just go for coffee, lunch, beer, whatever, and talk?

I know, I know, don't intervene when your friends are dating someone. That was a code with my close girlfriends, usually but not always observed. and I still think appropriate for close friends....although I am not entirely sure of that, let's say 75% sure.
0 Replies