Questions Republicans just can't answer

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 03:41 pm
What is the plan for winning the war on terror?

Subquestions:

Why should the average American fear terrorism more than other causes of death?

In what way can Islaamic Fundamentalism conquer America?

How would an Islaamic army cross the Atlantic ocean and attack us?

How would they force Americans to convert to Islaam?

How would Islaamic terrorists hold America once it has been conquered?

What is being done to defend our borders and ports?

What is being done to defend our chemical and nuclear facilities?

What is the plan for winning the War in Iraq?

Subquestions:

Does it require greater troop strengths?

What kind of planning was done for the post-war period by US leadership?

How are we going to stop the rampant sectarian violence?

How are we going to divide oil revenues fairly amongst Iraqis?

At what point will we be able to disengage from Iraq completely?

How much longer do you project America will have a significant presence in Iraq?

What are we doing to combat the spiraling costs of our occupation?

If the war in Iraq is helping to train more terrorists, how is it making Americans safer in the long run?

How does cutting taxes on the rich, benefit the majority of Americans?

Subquestions:

Exactly which jobs have been created, in which industries, by the tax cuts which have greatly benefitted the rich?

What historical points of evidence support the theory that voodoo economics work?

How much has the average American family benefitted from Bush's tax cut plans?

How do we plan to pay off our mounting debts and lower deficits in the face of reduced taxation?

How does Gay Marriage harm anyone?

Subquestions:

Under our system of laws, why should Gay Americans be barred from enjoying the same rights as straight Americans?

How, specifically, is anyone else's marriage harmed by allowing Gays to marry each other?

What historical evidence can you show that people have been affected by Gay Marriage in a negative fashion?

What studies show that children are harmed by Gay Marriage?

Why is selective biblical evidence presented to provide a religious rationale for being against Gay marriage?

---

I'm not holding my breath.

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,112 • Replies: 141
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 03:50 pm
Of course republicans can answer all those questions..... one answer for every question and here it is

Because Bill Clinton got a blow job and lied about it....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 03:59 pm
I've been told by two of our most prominent Republican posters that I simply am ignorant of the situation that is going on in the world today, in response to questions such as these. Neither of them cared to explain why or in what fashion I was ignorant.

So I thought I would give them a brand new thread in which to do so. There should be easy and straightforward answers to each one of those questions, if those on the Right 'truly' understand the complicated geopolitical situation we are in better than I.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:07 pm
Cyclo, This one on your list has me stumped: How do we plan to pay off our mounting debts and lower deficits in the face of reduced taxation?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:10 pm
Your "how does gay marriage harm anyone?" is a question that's never asked or answered. They only respond with "marriage is for a man and a woman." Why?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:12 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Cyclo, This one on your list has me stumped: How do we plan to pay off our mounting debts and lower deficits in the face of reduced taxation?

Thanks, I left out an 'our.' It should read:

'How do we plan to pay off our mounting debts and lower our deficits in the face of reduced taxation?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:15 pm
They would simply contend, straightfaced no less, that when Tom marries Frank, the moral fabric of society begins to crumble and then Frank and Tom will fight for their right to include Billy the Goat in their union....after their debauch tires, they will begin to prey on young children.

Much of the conservative "logic" surrounding moral issues lay on a foundation of the slippery slope.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:20 pm
candidone1 wrote:
They would simply contend, straightfaced no less, that when Tom marries Frank, the moral fabric of society begins to crumble and then Frank and Tom will fight for their right to include Billy the Goat in their union....after their debauch tires, they will begin to prey on young children.

Much of the conservative "logic" surrounding moral issues lay on a foundation of the slippery slope.

well yeah....everyone knows queers also f*ck animals... read your bible... or listen to Jerry Falwell.... or talk to any number of A2K posters....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:21 pm
How would you feel if you got killed by Hitler?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:27 pm
It's just amazing to me that a large number of Republican positions do not have a foundation in questions which can, in fact, be answered; but instead break completely under examination.

A favorite tactic is to turn the situation around on the Dem who is asking, and demand their solution to these problems, in order to begin discussing the problems with the Dem solutions. But this is just another example of the Republican mantra:

Quote:
Never defend, Always Attack!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:32 pm
Even Bush's campaign rhetoric includes "you can't trust democrats to fight terrorism." That takes a lot of chutzpah when one considers how Bush has increased terrorism around the world, but especially in Iraq and Afghanistan where we've been fighting for longer than WWII, and these bunglers still don't have a goal or solution - while situations worsen by the day. What ever happened to the American brain?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:34 pm
That the conservative MO seems to be to have the Dems provide solutions to problems they never would have waded into in the first place is troubling.
Although the republicans seem to deny that a democrat can ever hold office, 2008 may be the year they see it happen. If a dem takes the presidency, they will have one hell of a mess to pull America out of...many of them listed in the initial post.

What will become of the perception of a Democrat President who finds him/herself in the unenviable position of trying to reclaim America? Anything short of a colossal miracle will be regarded as a failure in spite of being behind the 8-ball from jump.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 05:07 pm
Come on, Republicans and Conservatives, you cowards! Respond to easy questions that you continually portray yourself as being knowledgable about.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 05:13 pm
I bet they're all on the "John Kerry - What a Dork" thread.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 06:00 pm
I'm going to keep bumping this until one of the Warmongers has the balls to step up to the plate and show us why we should keep them in control of our country.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 06:18 pm
Cyclo, You're gonna have a very long wait.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 06:37 pm
The republicans on A2k are doing what Bush did on 9/11. Running for cover.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 07:21 pm
Smoke 'em if ya gottem.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 07:43 pm
Cycloptichorn, I'll be happy to accept your invitation and participate in this thread. Cool

I've printed out your questions for my study. After a quick scan, I already anticipate I'll have to slightly modify some of the questions so I can answer them.

For example:

Your question is--

What is the plan for winning the war on terror?

Since I don't know the answer to this question as it is worded, with your approval I'll answer it as I have reworded it--

What is a plan for winning the war on terror?

I owe you one other comment. I am not a Republican. I am a republican. I do not belong to any institutionalized or organized group. Instead, I generally find myself supporting the least worst member of two or more groups institutionalized or organized to achieve a particular set of goals.

Quote:

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/republic
Main Entry: re·pub·lic
Pronunciation: ri-'p&-blik
Function: noun
Etymology: French république, from Middle French republique, from Latin respublica, from res thing, wealth + publica, feminine of publicus public -- more at REAL, PUBLIC
1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government

I believe a true republic is a state in which its laws prohibit minorities from discriminating against the rights of majorities, and in which its laws prohibit majorities from discriminating against the rights of minorities.

Cycloptichorn, please let me know if under these conditions you still want my participation in your thread.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 07:46 pm
CORRECTION

Instead, I generally find myself supporting the least worst GROUP AMONG two or more groups institutionalized or organized to achieve a particular set of goals.
0 Replies