Marriage - The Best Age.

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 08:23 am
Linkat- You make a very good point. A teenage bride, (and groom, for that matter) usually have little or no experience with living on their own. I think that a person needs to live awhile like an adult, before he/she gets married.

When I was young, women didn't go out on their own, get roommates, and share apartments. I think a person needs that experience, before he/she settles down with one person. He/she also needs to date other people as adults.

I remember running into a high school friend a few years after graduation. She had kept in touch with a lot of the old "gang", and we started to play "whatever happened to". One after another, she rattled off an amazing list of girls who had gotten married right after graduation..........................and divorced within a few years. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 09:25 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
sozboe- what do you mean having a high school diploma really meant something?
This attitude really annoys me. Because it still does mean something.
I resent the fact that I tried so hard with my a levels and did really well, and everyones like 'ah, you only did good because they are getting easier'

sorry this isnt related to the thread.

I was talking about having a high school diploma and only a high school diploma as opposed to having a high school diploma and then getting a college degree. Not about high school diplomas being easier to achieve. (That's annoying that people belittled your accomplishment there.)

Basically, 50 years ago, if a person graduated from high school there was less expectation that they would go on to college and more options if they didn't go on to college. Their education was much more likely to be over at 18, and the wage-earning part of their life was much more likely to begin. Now, most people go on to college, and spend at least another 4 years in the education phase -- and if they don't, if they stop after their high school diploma, they have far fewer options.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:52 pm
Ok you are forgiven! I think the american system is quite different.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:02 pm
Sorry I'm so late for the party but I have to agree with just about everybody else. 19 is way, way too young. You haven't even experienced life yet. Even if you think you have, trust us, you haven't.
0 Replies