How come some days I can, and some days I almost can't?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:15 pm
In response to littleK, I may be lax re bananas. Slaps self. My mother used to fry them...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:17 pm
JPB wrote:
Do you eat the same thing for breakfast every day? I'm wondering if the high energy walks might come after a higher carb breakfast and the low energy walks following a high protein meal.

I am light on breakfast....and it varies.

But this phenomenon is not confined to an after breakfast thing, it is an all day sort of thing...when I'm frisky I'm frisky, when I'm stuffed I'm stuffed.

Though, I do often get stuffeder after a couple of days of the walking in a row.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:18 pm
Stuffed here does not refer to being full up on food? It means being tired?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:19 pm
How long has it been since you had a complete physical?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:21 pm
littlek wrote:
Stuffed here does not refer to being full up on food? It means being tired?

Yes.

JPB wrote:
How long has it been since you had a complete physical?

Prolly never have.

I HATE doctors.

But my GP knows me pretty well.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:38 pm
Yeah, I hear you. I almost never post it as a recommendation but it seems like you could do with a complete blood workup and cardio checkup.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:40 pm
JPB wrote:
Yeah, I hear you. I almost never post it as a recommendation but it seems like you could do with a complete blood workup and cardio checkup.

Ewwwwwwwww.......
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:43 pm
It only hurts for a second.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:46 pm
I'm generally rather tough 'n' all but needles... ewwwwwwwwwww. I'm currently procrastinating rather badly on having some follow-up testing done -- no appt. needed, just walk in to some lab, present paperwork, and have it done. Simple, right? We-e-l-l-l-l...

I know I have to just do it already but the hairs on the back of my neck go up every time I think about it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:48 pm
I'd rather die peacefully as the goddess intended.

People in my family die as soon as they go to doctors.

There you are, peacefully going about your business, then you go and get a trick knee looked at, they start poking around, and Ping, you're dead.

But YOU, Sozobe...GET IN THERE!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:54 pm
Peacefully, eh?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:55 pm
dlowan wrote:

There you are, peacefully going about your business, then you go and get a trick knee looked at, they start poking around, and Ping, you're dead.

<stiffled snicker> I don't want you to think I found the deaths of your family members amusing, but that was funny.

My mother said the same thing. She put off everything medical until she couldn't put it off any longer. Once she finally got through with it she'd kick herself for not getting it taken care of sooner.

hmmm, until the time she went to the hospital for a 'simple surgery'......

ok, nevermind, eat lots of bananas instead.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:56 pm
littlek wrote:
Peacefully, eh?

Are you questioning my peacefully going about my business, or peacefully dying as the goddess intended?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:59 pm
No no no Ms. Bunbun, what's sauce for the Riveter is sauce for the Rabbit.

Make a pact?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:02 pm
JPB wrote:
dlowan wrote:

<stiffled snicker> I don't want you to think I found the deaths of your family members amusing, but that was funny.

My mother said the same thing. She put off everything medical until she couldn't put it off any longer. Once she finally got through with it she'd kick herself for not getting it taken care of sooner.

hmmm, until the time she went to the hospital for a 'simple surgery'......

ok, nevermind, eat lots of bananas instead.

Oh, it was supposed to be funny.

My humour is a very conscious way of dealing with the ever present...er...presence....(that was NOT euphonious) in my consciousness of the standard existential dilemmas and eternal verities of life as a poor, not quite bare, forked animal living for an insubstantial augenblick of what we think of as time on a slowly dying planet in an infinitestimally entropying universe......with, or as it happens without, a family that goes Ping as soon as doctors start poking around.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
No no no Ms. Bunbun, what's sauce for the Riveter is sauce for the Rabbit.

Make a pact?

To have blood tests and a cardio work up?

Nope.

I actually don't see a need.

But I really OUGHT to get that mammogram I am supposed to have yearly, and haven't for five years.

It's tough when you have eight breasts.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:04 pm
your original problem is probably related to dehydration flossy, and lik is on the button with cal/mag supplements. These trace elements make it easier for your body to absorb available water.

I am outdoor worker in a physicaly demanding job, (read working up a sweat) I climb ladders almost every day (4.5 m up then down 150-200 times a day). I was amazed at the difference the supplement I use made.

There are a few different ones on the market, try different breeds and brands till you find one that suits.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:07 pm
dadpad wrote:
your original problem is probably related to dehydration flossy, and lik is on the button with cal/mag supplements. These trace elements make it easier for your body to absorb available water.

I am outdoor worker in a physicaly demanding job, (read working up a sweat) I climb ladders almost every day (4.5 m up then down 150-200 times a day). I was amazed at the difference the supplement I use made.

There are a few different ones on the market, try different breeds and brands till you find one that suits.

Sounds good.

How can you climb ladders with feet like that?

JPB wrote:
Laughing ok, so what's it gonna be bunny? A pact with soz or bananas?

Neither.

Cawwots.

and supplements.

I have to be a lateral thinker...I am a prey animal.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:08 pm
Can I just have carrots, too? Heck, I'll throw in a banana or three.

[size=7]I know, I know, I'll do it soon, I promise.[/size]

Hope the supplements and such help...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:08 pm
When I decided at an early age I wanted to be a doctor, I then forced myself to look when people did shots and took my blood, that last, took my blood, being a real phrase. I see both sides of the needle on that, though I had pals who could get blood from not only a turnip, but from people in extreme circumstances.
Obviously late re the thread...

In the lab, we used to bleed each other... with 50 cc. syringes and appropriate needles, as who else could we get to volunteer...

Never nice, but we learned to be smooth at it.

So, for me, understanding that I'm unusual, a syringe full is not a big deal.

When I was about eight, my dad put together a movie about infantile paralysis... known shortly thereafter as polio. I remember watching the movie ... now in admiration of my parents that they let me see it... and steeling myself while absorbing whatever good news there was in it.

Formative...
0 Replies