End of the World Sacrifice?

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:19 am
End of the World Sacrifice?

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Can somebody please explain this verse to us?

It has been taught that Christ came and put away sin by the sacrifice of himself 2000 years ago. Cleary that wasn't the end of the world. Or was it?

Now, if that wasn't the End of the World, then why does Paul state that, "now in the end of the world Christ has appeared to put away sin by sacrificing himself?"

And if it was the End of the World, where are we at right now?

Which end of the world is Paul referring to? Is there more than one End of the World? ?

And if there is more than one End of the World, is there more than one sacrifice?

Also, Paul seems to be writing as if he is present during that sacrifice. Does anybody have any knowledge about Paul being present during that sacrifice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,346 • Replies: 115
No top replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:51 am
Just what crazy cult is it you speak for, anyway?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:55 am
Doktor S wrote:
Just what crazy cult is it you speak for, anyway?

It's no crazier than your cult. What crazy cult do you speak for?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:58 am
I don't speak for anyone but myself. However, I do not address myself as 'we' or 'us' as you do.
So I ask again, which facet of the death cult affectionately labeled christianity do you speak for?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 12:24 am
Don't hold your breath, Dok.

He/She/They is/are just as likely to answer your question as he/she/they is/are to answer mine.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:05 am
Still waiting, I see.

Me, too.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:11 am
He/she/it/they only seems to speak when it serves his/her/its agenda.

..whatever that might be. I'm sure there's some half baked website out there, somewhere, that he gets this from....
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 11:43 pm
Doktor S wrote:
I don't speak for anyone but myself. However, I do not address myself as 'we' or 'us' as you do.
So I ask again, which facet of the death cult affectionately labeled christianity do you speak for?

What is your death cult affectionately labled?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 12:07 am
Doktor S wrote:
I don't speak for anyone but myself.
0 Replies

babyruth

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:20 pm
Try this website:

Make Way for the Arrival

It might answer some of your questions, and it might not! Cool
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:21 pm
Why? Christ is coming back to slay the Dajjal (One Eye) before the Day of Judgement anyways.

There is only one Day of Judgement. However, there are going to be many key events that will take place before then. I can list them for you if you want?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:23 pm
no thanks one dead ender on a thread is enough.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:25 pm
oh and by the way Raul, the Koran is wrong about Adam. He was 60 cubits tall not 60 metres. Another error, about 15 metres this time Smile
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:03 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
oh and by the way Raul, the Koran is wrong about Adam. He was 60 cubits tall not 60 metres. Another error, about 15 metres this time Smile

I converted cubits to meters so we can relate to it. I don't think anyone uses that measurement anymore.

cu·bit (kybt)
n.
An ancient unit of linear measure, originally equal to the length of the forearm from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow, or about 17 to 22 inches (43 to 56 centimeters).

See the variation.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:09 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

I converted cubits to meters so we can relate to it. I don't think anyone uses that measurement anymore.

cu·bit (kybt)
n.
An ancient unit of linear measure, originally equal to the length of the forearm from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow, or about 17 to 22 inches (43 to 56 centimeters).

See the variation.

Whoa. What's going on here? Adam was how tall?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:25 pm
echi wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

cu·bit (kybt)
n.

See the variation.

Whoa. What's going on here? Adam was how tall?

60 cubits tall. At least 85 feet tall.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:48 pm
Adam was at least 85 feet tall. . . literally?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:58 pm
echi wrote:
this is what Raul believes.

How tall was Eve Raul?

Was she screwed by a 6 foot penis?

I'm sorry to be so crude about these things, but you brought it up...so to speak.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 05:50 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
echi wrote:
this is what Raul believes.

How tall was Eve Raul?

Was she screwed by a 6 foot penis?

I'm sorry to be so crude about these things, but you brought it up...so to speak.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 06:05 pm
0 Replies