Man convicted of child abuse exiled to Canada.

Joeblow

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 05:13 pm
I heard the D.A. being interviewed on CBC radio on my drive home tonight. Sounds like they're applying for a variation to the probation order that would require the guy to serve his order in that jurisdiction. He referred to the "fire storm," that was created and when asked if he would ever agree to such a plea bargain again, replied "never" in a million years (or some such). Let me see if I can find an article.

Mmmm. Could only find this so far:

U.S. rethinks letting sex offender serve probation in Canada

The D.A. was interesting...he gave his reasoning for agreeing to the order in the first place. He also said it was "very rare" that such orders are ever made...which is probably so -- as part of a court sanction.

IMO it's more likely you would see an *order to reside at an address approved of by the probation officer* Presto. Move "home" to Canada, with the P.O.'s consent, and the press never hear about it. That, too may be uncommon enough... but not so much I'm thinking.

Ah well. Wonder if they'll get a variation and if the guy will accept the change... or fight it... and what exactly it would mean to his status here...and,and,and...
0 Replies