littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:45 am
hmmmm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:46 am
Yeah, she was smokin' . . .
Snappin' her fingers . . .

(You gotta stay away from watchin' as the pretty panies run, Slap, remember that court order ?)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:49 am
But was she Lucky enough to have a Chesterfield to sit on in her house on Pall Mall whilst smoking a Camel just for a Lark and did she cry out for More from her butler, Winston.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 12:47 pm
you sound like Daphne DuMaurier acting in a "B" Matinee!
Enter the Marlboro man........
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:01 pm
Daphne had a brand of ciggies named after as well -- DuMaurier. Dunno if they still make 'em
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:09 pm
Perhaps I am the victim of domestic speciality; that was the point in my comment both "DuMaurier", and "Matinee" ar highly popular brands in Canada. I was carrying on your "pun"ishing witticism.
My post must have "come out of the blue" for you!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:14 pm
Sorry Bo, not only did it come out of the blue it sailed right over my head and thru a cloud of ciggie smoke.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:26 pm
They still have DuMaurier in Canadia . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:33 pm
First of all folks, on the gun issue, I am 100% Charlton Heston. I have fired a gun twice in my life, and would probably shoot myself if trying to shoot a burglar, but the more we restrict personal choice, the more under the thumb of despots we become.

On the smoking issue please remember this. Smoking does NOT CAUSE lung cancer. In the rule of cause and effect, should this be a fact, everyone who smokes would get lung cancer. That does not happen. There is a high probability between smoking and all sorts of stuff, just as there is between Twinkies and obesity.

Bo, don't think Oak was going for the pulitzer with his bit of punnin'...that was a little over-the-toppish, was it not?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:41 pm
I thought his "bit of punnin'" was kinda funnin;

And I strongly urge you to stop smoking Letty; only a smoker (which I didn't know before) would come up with that "gibberish"! (tough love intended!) Or are you just trying to protect your local farmers; I understand that the smell of tobacco growing is not thought to be harmful!

As for guns, that is the topic, isn't it, one does not protect one's freedoms by shooting those who don't agree with you!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:52 pm
Hey Set, how you doin' with that can of worms re: where did we come from. no time to spend gossiping you know . This Back to the Future stuff.

Sorry Bo, didn't mean to detour the thread. I agree smking is bad, but I'm Bad Nationwide, so i keep on smokin.

Letty, no smoking dear in sight of A2K operations
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:55 pm
Bo, you cannot save the world by getting rid of guns, and you know that. I'm all for gettin rid of the bows and arrows, though. Those things have totally altered our weather patterns. Razz

As for smoking, it's one of two vices that I have. Smile Hey, the next thing you know, someone will want to confiscate your bike Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:00 pm
Your two vices reminds me of one of the characters in an RPG i have . . . Safana--hornier than a three-legged dog in season:

"If given a choice of two evils, i choose the one i've never tried before."
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:03 pm
Hey Letty darling, if Bo's bike is impounded, he won't be able too turn it round and that spells trouble
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
Setanta... Laughing

Hey, OAK! Bet Bo don't do cockney.... Laughing

Is that right Polar Person? Razz
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
Letty; don't have a clue what you mean re: bows and arrows, unless its arrows and slings? We'll let that rest.

However; I will go on record as having nothing against a well thought out suicide, and think religious dissapproval is a little hillarious (barn gate and all that) but I refuse to support a clearly thoughtless, if unintended one.

My bike is intended to aid in my longevity; I'm not intentionally trying to seek out the wheels of a dump truck, and telling myself they'll bounce right off!

It's a rotten way to loose a friend!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:12 pm
Goahhh, watcha mean, luv?

Beaux Bell's raht roan t' corner!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:24 pm
Just funnin with you, Bo. A cartoon I once saw showed cave men runnin like hell from lightning bolts and hail. One said to the other, "I told 'em what would happen to the weather when they started shootin them bows and arrows."

Bo, honey. any way is a terrible way to lose a friend.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:29 pm
This "caveman" would prefer it to be an accident!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:34 pm
Sorry Bo, Beaux Bell's raht roan t' corner! is all wrong me old china.

Bow Bells is round the johnny 'orner, is the correct form. Stretch out rooouuunnnnd. The t' is northern , not london/cockney.

Now your bike. If some one says they are going to turn their bike round, it means they are going to have a jimmy riddle. there is also the company bike but give it a wide berth, cos everyone's ridden it at some stage and she's well past her best nowadays.
0 Replies