A Pox on Both Your Houses

bobsmyth

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 09:31 am
I remember vividly the death of the president's wife in Independence Day. As he leaves the room he goes over to his little daughter who asks if she's sleeping. That was such a well done scene.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 12:40 pm
Yes, Bob. That scene was very well done
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 05:34 pm
Ah Letty, The Young Lions is a favorite movie of mine. But did you read the book (Irwin Shaw)? The war has come to an end, and Montgomery Clift, the boy who is so anxious to return home to his pregnant wife, and his playboy friend, Dean Martin, have seen the concentration camp, and sick at heart ,wander aimlessly through the woods, when the German, Brando, who is hiding out, spots them, takes aim and kills Montgomery Clift. It is then that Dean Martin kills the German. I took the book down from the top shelf to check the ending, as it's been a long time, and now I think I just might read it again. See what you're doing to me?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 07:28 pm
Dear, Raggedy. No, I didn't read the book.Was waiting for the movie. Smile

Confession: I haven't read a book in eons, and I certainly won't begin with Harry Potter nor Hillary either....
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 11:43 am
Letty: You must have been reading my mind when you wrote your "Confession". Laughing

The death of Donald Crisp in the coal mine in How Green Was My Valley is still vivid in my mind. His youngest son, Roddy McDowall, cradles his body as the elevator slowly ascends from the flooded mine into the light where terrified families wait anxiously.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:03 pm
Good grief, Raggedy. I have totally disremembered( Smile ) that movie.

I know that not many people will agree with this, but I thought the sad and wistful look Leonardo DeCaprio had on his face when looking at Kate, in the movie"Titanic", was believable.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:55 pm
And the expression on DiCaprio's face when his mother died in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Letty, you've just got to see some of those oldies again so you can re-remember. Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:59 pm
You're right, Raggedy, and some of the newer ones, too, so that I can remember how to spell DiCaprio. Very Happy

Ah, yes. That was DiCaprio's best.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 07:22 pm
Ahhhh. Just remembered Gene Hackman in "Bonnie and Clyde"..he was looking for his shoe. I know Evans W.Evans who was in that movie. Wonder where that gal is today?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 02:11 pm
I always get choked up when Old Yaller gets it .. I know how much it hurts to have to put a good dog down. Damn ... I'm snifflin'now, and the monitor's all blurry ...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 02:20 pm
Ah, Timber, There, there. Saw Pale Rider AGAIN the other night. That little dog that one of the rampagers shot and killed got to me in a different way.
0 Replies