A Pox on Both Your Houses

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 06:46 pm
Absolutely, Kevin Spacey in "L. A. Confidential." He seems to float away in space, freezing time in its tracks. I'll have to think of some others and tomorrow, I'll make this a Featured Topic. Great idea, Letty. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 08:36 pm
Lana Turner in "Madam X." I remember being barely able to breathe from the lump in my throat.
0 Replies

wintersgm

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 10:32 pm
My favorite actor
I think Alec Guinness' death in "Bridge On The River Kwai" was great.
I loved his realization of what he did just before collapsing. He was brilliant in every movie he did, I think.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 05:45 am
I found Wlliam Holden's death in the same film more poignant. An anti war film with the final word "Madness!". Holden's chracter was forced to return to the bridge to meet his death.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 06:04 am
Good morning all.

Wow! a plethora of great scenes done by marvelous actors. Bob and winters, yes indeed, Guinness and Holden were both excellent.

Thanks, Mr. Wizard. I have often wondered what a featured topic was. Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 06:29 am
At least in the film forum, it's up to Merry or myself to look at topics and decide to feature them. We try not to make it arbitrary but based on its uniqueness or number of posts in the first few days. Sometimes I've lagged behind and featured a topic just as it wears out. Being back to work full time makes it more difficult but I do have access to the site at work (I'm the boss, so no problem there!)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 07:25 am
Smile Nice to know the boss man.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 07:29 am
Will you hire me boss man ?? :p

My favorite dying scene is from a movie called Sholey - it is an Indian movie so doubt if any of you have heard abt it.....

In terms of action movies - the killing of Travolta in Face Off comes to mind immediately..
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 07:37 am
Gee, Sparky, you're back in foggy Londontown!

You can bank on that! Want to move to Sunny California? Well, we are having our annual June gloom so you'd be right at home.

Still contemplating death scenes -- of course, there's one or more each episode of "Six Feet Under!"

Kirk Douglas as "Spartacus," and Tony Curtis in the same film. Purely heartbreaking (but not exactly according to history).
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 07:59 am
Ah, Lightwizard: Spartacus is one I shall never forget. The history might not have been there, but the message was right on target.

Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Rico? Edward G. Robinson in Little Caesar

Made it Ma. Top of the World. - James Cagney in White Heat
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 08:17 am
CAgney in "White Heat" seemed to believe he would make it to "Gangsta Heaven." That final defiant stance is certainly engraved on my brain.

I'm not always impressed by death scenes in overt tear-jerkers but Susan Hayward in "I Want to Live" was shattering.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 09:38 am
Beat me to it LW. I thought of Susan Hayward late last night, after shutting down pewdah. As the children say, she "peed" all over that scene.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 09:48 am
You snooze, you loose Razz
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 09:50 am
hahaha Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 10:04 am
Hey, Just thought of Margaret Hamilton in the Wizard of Oz. She was great the way she melted out with those green hands clawing in all their malliferous glory. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 12:22 pm
Yep. Great death scene milked for all it was worth.
0 Replies

paleobarbie

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:26 pm
my favorite "worst" death is in the movie of Buffy the vampire slayer. The character played by Paul Rubens(PEe Wee Herman) takes a very long time. kicks the wall as he holds onto the stake in his heart. They even bring it back in the credits.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:56 pm
paleo, not much of a Buffy buff. but I had no idea that Pee Wee Herman was in one episode. What did he do with his big shoes? Smile
0 Replies

paleobarbie

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:58 pm
letty,

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - THE MOVIE. It was before anything on tv - and in my opinion was better. ( no offense to buffy fans)

its a great rental for slumber parties

: )
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 04:02 pm
Very Happy Sorry, paleo.
0 Replies