Baby, you and me we have a bacon grease kind of love

Joeblow

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:15 am
boomerang wrote:
Siblinghood really has to be the most complicated of relationships.

Whew. I so agree. Lots of reasons for it no doubt, but none that I could articulate in a sentence or two.

(was going to add stuff, but don't have the head for it now.)

Bacon grease rules!

Carry on, carry on!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:29 pm
I think my post a few pages back sounded, on rereading, fairly bitter. It's not really that bitter, but my observation of my own family dynamics and those of many close friends is that bacon grease doesn't always rule. Great when it does - it cuts through all that ... (what?) lard...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:47 pm
I'm the third of nine (recently ten, but just found out about her so don't know her)

This is my bookmark. I'll have to figure out how to condense our story.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:07 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
My brother and I share an odd sense of humour. The best recollection I have of realizing we were a bit off kilter was when we went to see Life of Brian at the theatre when it first came out. There couldn't have been more than 10 other people in the theatre with us and NOBODY ELSE was laughing. It got so embarrassing that we tried to contain ourselves but that just made it worse. He was wheezing and I started to choke. Good times.

We share a love of Wallace & Gromit (The Wrong Trousers is a classic -- warning! Pee before the electric train scene!) and old Alan Sherman records.
He knows everything about everything even though he's younger. He makes compilation disks of music he thinks I would like that maybe I haven't heard and he's always right. He is my sons' favourite uncle as he knows all about their generation's music and computer games. He is creative and gives the most inspired Christmas presents. He is smarter than I am. He is a better cook than I am. He is wittier than I am. He got the big blue eyes and long dark lashes. Gee, sounds like I should resent him, but I don't -- 'cause he's just so unique. (In a few years he'll be "eccentric".) And you all know him Razz

do we have a brother i don't know about

Embarrassed , the christmas presents have been a little pedestrian of late, and the cooking is about equal, i'd say

tai is much better read than i am, at least in a literary sense, i tend to read more things, periodicals and informational stuff, books of lists and strange histories

as for wit, i'd say were pretty evenly matched

i still smile at the note she left me to tell me where she and my b-in-law had gone one saturday long ago

i was staying with them when i was first in toronto and had worked part of a day and when i came home there was a picture on the table of a regal figure, a line, a shrimp and a pork cutlet

of course they had gone to the queen street (straight) pawn (prawn) shops (chops)

i headed down town with no real idea where they might be but we eventually met up (probably in or near a used bookstore), and had a late lunch at a little hungarian place if memory serves
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:14 pm
Joeblow wrote:
Tai Chi - he's all that and more (!) but you yerself don't seem so shabby!

definitely not shabby
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:44 pm
Hey dj I just read in the Globe & Mail that one of those old Hungarian restaurants has been re-opened as a huge discount bookstore. Probably worth a visit.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:47 pm
Nice to know you're related...

signed,

fan of both
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 07:05 pm
How cool is that!

I'm ditto on fans of both.

How fun!